Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    i have a repress of that original MC5 tune and it proper shreds the turnip - it's a raw as it gets and as dirty as hell

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    Most jealous sir!
    Me too...Great finds there John mate.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
    I said the same...

Is the later version the French 45 or the re-press look-a-like for the 30th anniversery..?
    Totally rerecorded for the 'Back in the USA' LP - there's a 45 which uses this version too and it flippin' rocks.....until you hear the original 45. It's pretty damn rare John- I read somewhere that there were only 500 pressed. Im pretty sure it's a pre-Elektra thing. I think I may have read all this on Head Heritage??

Most jealous sir!

Leave a comment:

• MPFlapp
    replied
    Jammy swine...
    I said the same...

this version blows away the later version (which I still love though).
    Is the later version the French 45 or the re-press look-a-like for the 30th anniversery..?

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
    Yip - - lucky buy
    Jammy swine....erm...I mean top work fella. An orig of that is very near the top of my wants list - this version blows away the later version (which I still love though).

Leave a comment:

• MPFlapp
    replied
    That MC5 surely isn't an original
    Yip - - lucky buy

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Great stuff John! That MC5 surely isn't an original

Leave a comment:

• MPFlapp
    replied
    @Lee - nice haul

@Sie - "Butterfly" - that one has been on the list for years

Mix of OGs, re-issues and new-uns...

Dean Carter - Rebel Woman - Ethbo - 7" - mad rockabilly garage mumber

Jooklo Duo - The Warrior - Northern Spy - 7" - monster free jazz skronker

Laura J Martin & Simonsound - Inside Your Bones - Battered Ornament - 7" - lush beats

Laura J Martin - Spy - Static Caravan - 7" - original mix - fantastic flute action

Various - 60s Punk Volume 3 - Moxie - 7" - classic boulders 60s 33rpm

Various - 60s Punk Volume 2 - Moxie - 7" - classic boulders 60s 33rpm

The Cynics - I'm in Pittsburgh (and it's raining) - Get Hip - 7" - ace take on classic

Apple Glass Cyndrome - Going Wrong - Sundazed - 7" - re-issue of well over price punker

Bloomsbury People - Madeline / Have You Seen Them Cry? - Page 7" - mellow psych

The Beckett Quintet - (It's all over now) Baby Blue - gemcor - 7" - top double sider flip is a pebbles gem "No Correspondence" but the version baby blue is fantastic

MC5 - Looking at You / Boardeline - A-Square - 7" - solid big clicks rocker - just in case - this clip is possibly their finest moment

Ron Wary Light Show - Speed - Eceip - 7" - fuzzed to the max

The Jefferson Hankerchief - I'm Allergic to Flowers - Challenge - 7" - bit of a tongue in cheek flower number

The Affection Collection - Time Rests Heavy on My Hands - Maudz - 7" - classic groove and vocal - Nige xmas mix gem - cheers for the introduction fella

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    Great finds Sie! Have a listen to 'Natures Fruit' on the Rare Bird LP - I really like that tune.

Must dig out and give the Firebirds LP another spin - I remember being not too impressed when I got it but that YouTube clip is ace

Leave a comment:

• smashingcheesegromit
    replied
    Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    Been a while since i posted some finds,July seems to be dragging for some reason.....nothing mind melting but all cheap gear and a lot from boot sales and sourced locally [carbon footprint digger alert!]
    Last and least decent Buffalo Springfield album,Ron Elliott 'Candlestickemaker' - the side long suite on the flip side is lovely,Procol Harum debut and Big Brother - i love their cover of Moondog's ' all is lonliness'

John Philips for cheap,a favourite of mine...Youngblood,Exploito psych from the Firebirds [more about that soon] and Rhenium by Parliament,only the 1990 press but it was cheap and if anyone needs their mind expanded PM me !

Animal track was a quid - it had/has a torn front sleeve but i repaired it,such a good album,Rare Bird was from a junk shop around the coast that i need to revist and i must admit it did zero for me on first listen...sounded pretty much like prog by numbers but i'll try again,Arthur Brown american track issue and for my money the best Jefferson Airplane album.

Hollies is a later press,Deep purple is a german spare and the Rolling Stones is a boot [of course ] thought i was in for a treat but the version of 'shades of orange' included is actually The End version ! and nice to hear Bongwater again

some little ones -
    Uniques-i sure feel more [like i do than i did when i got here] - Mickey Newbury penned garage-soul type thing and it sound like Mickey on vocals-was he in this band?
    Boston Crabs-down in mexico [big barry striker spin!] killer brit r'n'b-beat job / richard and the young lions - open up your door - nuggets style garage killer / rare breed - beg,borrow and steal - garage / Chris Rayburn - i've cried my last tear over you - i got it because of the Hawkshaw song writing credit...nice moddy popcorn sound and that Hermans Hermits EP with the Graham Gouldman penned 'london look' that was mentioned on here recently.

Thanks to Ben for the Iris 45...Mike Berry and the Innocents 'on my mind' - nice mod sound and 'step out of line' by Twice as Much - US press of this lovely soft psych / harmony that came out on immediate in the UK - gotta big up the Roberto Mann 'love theme from witchfinder general' too - the cover of 'both sides now' on the flip is lovely

and now back to this - thanks to John K for the info - a guy i know who digs the ventures and the shads gave me this yesterday,said i might like it...well check the clip - it's a Jerry Cole related rarity with a sounds i can only descripe as HEAVY !!
    Kinda Hendrix jamming with the Deep and Blue Cheer...highlight of my week so far and it's only Wednesday !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqPIsm6NI6I
    really love the firebirds lp,got mine at reading record fair off damian,he said he hates it! oh well,like this then youll like the 31 flavours,their second in the 3 lp series,basically a rework of the 1st one,where the firebirds list "free fuzz" its not on there!its on the 31 flavours lp,firebirds shouldnt be that hard nowadays,but 31 flavours is tough tho!great heavy fuzz

Leave a comment:

• smashingcheesegromit
    replied
    the chances of finding anything before the weeks out are very doubtful,due to work overtime,etc.. july been pretty quite,for boots and chazzas,the highlights were..

pentangle-solomons seal
    mr fox-the gypsy
    kinks-village green preservation society uk mono

and one off the bay,to fit in my collection

bang-s/t usa capitol og

if you need a write up,its featured in this months rc magazine,which has a small feature on usa psych/proto metal lp,s

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Thanks, I'm digging it mate.

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    some snippets here -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Candlestickm.../dp/B000025VW0

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    Like i said mate...would recommend you listen,i'll fetch it up - it's nothing like Bradley's Barn,very laid back - and not an immediate gem,but its growing on me...not psychy is anyway at all.
    Thanks Sie mate, Ive just had a look on Youtube and I couldn't find anything!

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
    Top finds as usual there Sie mate, do you reckon I would like that Ron Elliott then?
    Like i said mate...would recommend you listen,i'll fetch it up - it's nothing like Bradley's Barn,very laid back - and not an immediate gem,but its growing on me...not psychy is anyway at all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X