July finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post
    I for one am glad you got prodded into further exhibition of your finds, because I'd never heard that Gloria Hunniford before, and it's great!

Pricey?

Er...ditto on Live Five. Awesome track
    Agreed
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by lord dunsby View Post
      hammer: san francisco labelsters was expecting more from this, as i'd known the track "tuane" for donkeys, was massive on the jazz dance scene late eighties ... but still really the only track that stands out for me.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M09wOsXF0u4
      I felt the same about the Hammer LP. Flogged it on and just kept the cheapo San Fransisco sampler LP with "Tuame" on...
      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

I for one am glad you got prodded into further exhibition of your finds, because I'd never heard that Gloria Hunniford before, and it's great!

Pricey?

gloria, no not too bad defo under £20 if i recall ... german only i think.

Comment

gloria, no not too bad defo under £20 if i recall ... german only i think.
          I too have a German copy (thanks to the Divine one) but there is supposed to be a UK release on the collectable Tangerine label (45cat entry)

Pretty rare but it could turn up cheap given who the record is by!?
          www.45cat.com
          http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by highland cow View Post
            I too have a German copy (thanks to the Divine one) but there is supposed to be a UK release on the collectable Tangerine label (45cat entry)

Pretty rare but it could turn up cheap given who the record is by!?

You'd think so innit...only reason I clicked the link is through incredulity, really...
            "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

hammer: san francisco labelsters was expecting more from this, as i'd known the track "tuane" for donkeys, was massive on the jazz dance scene late eighties ... but still really the only track that stands out for me.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M09wOsXF0u4
              I was disappointed with the Hammer too, I found it a one tracker as well.

I love the Philamore Lincoln, I'm sure you've got the LP, if not I'm sure you'll dig it mate.
              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

A big fuzzy warbles spin!!!!

Ive only got the US single, what else is on the EP then?

Comment

&quot;c&quot;

From "c" I took all the Coltrane's records that the guy has. I have done the same with Miles, Monk, Mingus and Rollins albums. I don't know if here (Coltrane) there is something rare. If someone can tell me. And I have no time to listen all in the near future - I'll be grateful if someone tolds me with which album to begin my introduction with Coltrane.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                    Ive only got the US single, what else is on the EP then?
                    my mistake it's the terry winter that's the (ep)

Comment

I was disappointed with the Hammer too, I found it a one tracker as well.

I love the Philamore Lincoln, I'm sure you've got the LP, if not I'm sure you'll dig it mate.

no, not got the LP ... only a matter of time, nice to have "you're the one" on 45 though.

edit: just needed the extra nudge, just BIN 'd meself a copy.
                      Last edited by lord dunsby; 09-07-2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

my mistake it's the terry winter that's the (ep)
                        Phew....I know they did another single, not quite as good, but still worthy if you can grab it for cheap.

Comment

Phew....I know they did another single, not quite as good, but still worthy if you can grab it for cheap.
                          it's the rolling beat that sold me on this.

Comment

Yeah, it's great mate, theres a couple of other good garage singles on the label.

*EDIT* Just noticed yours is on Piccadilly, mines on a different label, still theres great stuff on both!
                            Last edited by mr sayers; 09-07-2011, 02:33 PM.

Comment

it's all good, but the Harpsichord is the thing that made me go wow.
                              "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

Found today for pence Earl Bostic's well known number "Flamingo", backed by "Sleep"; great stuff

http://www.45cat.com/record/v2145

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3qY3...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjwxD...eature=related
                                Last edited by medlar; 09-07-2011, 04:12 PM.
                                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                                X