Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr sayers
    replied
    Top finds as usual there Sie mate, do you reckon I would like that Ron Elliott then?

Leave a comment:

• Cacapo
    replied
    Its the one comped here:

London Look:

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/wind...990959,00.html

But as I said its a flexi and i was hoping there might be a proper release for that.

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
    is that london look the same as the german flexi with the two girls exchanging make up tips while listening to "tramp" for 6 minutes?
    No - just 4 Hermits tunes - no frills !!

Leave a comment:

• Cacapo
    replied
    is that london look the same as the german flexi with the two girls exchanging make up tips while listening to "tramp" for 6 minutes?

Leave a comment:

• BeatsDeluxe
    replied
    Originally posted by blue burt View Post
    Instant Don Ellis collection like that would keep me happy for a while. "Theme from French Connection"

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    It's all like that - total overload from start to finish - i was well chuffed and the guy i know was totally bemused that i liked,although i did try to play it down a little [as one does in these situations]

Leave a comment:

• Joe M'geek
    replied
    and onto the wantslist that goes...wow

Is the whole album like that or is that the lone original in a sea of covers?

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Been a while since i posted some finds,July seems to be dragging for some reason.....nothing mind melting but all cheap gear and a lot from boot sales and sourced locally [carbon footprint digger alert!]
    Last and least decent Buffalo Springfield album,Ron Elliott 'Candlestickemaker' - the side long suite on the flip side is lovely,Procol Harum debut and Big Brother - i love their cover of Moondog's ' all is lonliness'

John Philips for cheap,a favourite of mine...Youngblood,Exploito psych from the Firebirds [more about that soon] and Rhenium by Parliament,only the 1990 press but it was cheap and if anyone needs their mind expanded PM me !

Animal track was a quid - it had/has a torn front sleeve but i repaired it,such a good album,Rare Bird was from a junk shop around the coast that i need to revist and i must admit it did zero for me on first listen...sounded pretty much like prog by numbers but i'll try again,Arthur Brown american track issue and for my money the best Jefferson Airplane album.

Hollies is a later press,Deep purple is a german spare and the Rolling Stones is a boot [of course ] thought i was in for a treat but the version of 'shades of orange' included is actually The End version ! and nice to hear Bongwater again

some little ones -
    Uniques-i sure feel more [like i do than i did when i got here] - Mickey Newbury penned garage-soul type thing and it sound like Mickey on vocals-was he in this band?
    Boston Crabs-down in mexico [big barry striker spin!] killer brit r'n'b-beat job / richard and the young lions - open up your door - nuggets style garage killer / rare breed - beg,borrow and steal - garage / Chris Rayburn - i've cried my last tear over you - i got it because of the Hawkshaw song writing credit...nice moddy popcorn sound and that Hermans Hermits EP with the Graham Gouldman penned 'london look' that was mentioned on here recently.

Thanks to Ben for the Iris 45...Mike Berry and the Innocents 'on my mind' - nice mod sound and 'step out of line' by Twice as Much - US press of this lovely soft psych / harmony that came out on immediate in the UK - gotta big up the Roberto Mann 'love theme from witchfinder general' too - the cover of 'both sides now' on the flip is lovely

and now back to this - thanks to John K for the info - a guy i know who digs the ventures and the shads gave me this yesterday,said i might like it...well check the clip - it's a Jerry Cole related rarity with a sounds i can only descripe as HEAVY !!
    Kinda Hendrix jamming with the Deep and Blue Cheer...highlight of my week so far and it's only Wednesday !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqPIsm6NI6I
    Last edited by Sie-Fly; 27-07-2011, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rich Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    ...And Rich Hero playlisted the Laura J Martin...
    You're welcome Lee. That's quite some haul this month!

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Great finds as usual there Lee, the charities always treat you well mate!

Leave a comment:

• gogo
    replied
    Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
    Are you sure that document is real? I have my doubts, since it appeared on the people's cube site, a US-orientated 'humour' page, which itself appears to be ideologically questionable - lambasting progressive ideas and featuring pro-Tea Party stuff - might be best to tread with caution.
    No, but I am sure this one is real:

http://1968bg.com/images/stories/PDF...8_PROTOKOL.pdf

This is a meeting of the Central Comity of Bulgarian Communist Party - 14.05.1968
    Decision XXIV - "The Comity preparing the IX annual festival of the youth in Sofia (July 1968) has to find the appropriate way to do not allow The Beatles to come and participate in the festival".
    Sorry for the translation and the boring for some subject.
    Last edited by gogo; 25-07-2011, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LDJB
    replied
    While I can't compete with Go go's eye watering finds of late - I did have a wee bit of luck in a charity shop today (in fact in the charity shop round the corner from where I reside - see if you can spot the record in question.

45s first - all from a variety of sources - lots of these I was put ont by other VGplussers - cheers chaps.

Grat spot of exploito psych - the other side is 'Flights of Fantasy' also with ridiculous phasing

Vibrations

Flights of Fantasy

A Mr Sayers BIN - thank you sir

Johnny Ander

Yeah - it's 'Tramp' rip off but it's great

Country Girl

Strange lo-fi guitar shredder thing

its the music in the background - 45 does not contain the speech..sadly

A Fuz spin he found after the last Byker at a fairly ropey boot - sounds ace LOUD

this copy on youtube sounds a bit off centre!

Another VG+ BIN - this time I think it was Pete Beaver - thank you.

Fat Angel

Nice cheap fuzz slow burner

Hanna

Flippin' monster 45 - long time want - finally took the plunge - cheers Rich

Mind Machine

All VG+ related tip offs - Mr Flytipper played the Miles Kane at the last Mud - superb, Clearspot was a 1001 45s thread tip and Rich Hero paylisted the Laura J Martin - all much appreciated. Apologies - some of these youtubes have been posted before.

Miles Kane - A Girl Like You

great B side too

Miles Kane - Our Man Flint

Clearspot - moonman bop

Clearspot - Psychos Blues

Laura J Martin - Spy

LPs now

Managed to buy an MP2000 I already had - Yan Tregger - Pictures - luckily it's superb and I've got it on hold for another library freak

Hang It

A later Nilovic but still rather excellent! This is th eonly soundclip I could find

Nice Vic Flick Amphonic Library - cant find a sound clip - soz.

Groovy Themes Librabry including this track I really like (thanks Ben)

Kenny Salmon - get up and go

Waitraki in a trade from the Mighty Benicio - great LP with some nice fuzz!

Pop Will Eat Itself LP from a charity shop - not sure why I picked this up but I do have fond memories of seeing them supporting the Shop Assistants back in the day Candydiosis still akes me smile and their version of Like an Angel was always better than the Mighty Lemon Drops original due to the cheeky Teardrops steal

Luke Vibert LP picked up from a charity too - he's always worth a listen:

I Love Acid

Acidisco

Werner Baumgart was a freebie from Ben - cheers mate - a tad on the disco side for me but does have some interesting moments.

These from today's mini charity trawl.

Mike Westbrook Tanglewood 63 is a spare - it's minty too

Lulu - Love Loves to Love Lulu - another spare - great LP!

Love Loves to Love Love

The Boat that I Row

Daytripper

Morning Dew

Reissue of a Big Beat classic - Mantronix - King of the Beats - spare

Strange John Geilgud stage show LP thing - has a couple of 'rock' tunes on it.

Leave a comment:

• alanmck
    replied
    ta. what a strange list.

Leave a comment:

• Brainbomb
    replied
    Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    is that Bohannon at No 22? and what does he get accused of?
    http://verygoodplus.co.uk/showpost.p...&postcount=291

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    is that Bohannon at No 22? and what does he get accused of?
    Having a Pimp Walk.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X