• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alanmck
    replied
    Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
    Are you sure that document is real?
    is that Bohannon at No 22? and what does he get accused of?

Leave a comment:

• Brainbomb
    replied
    Originally posted by eclectiktronik View Post
    Are you sure that document is real? I have my doubts, since it appeared on the people's cube site, a US-orientated 'humour' page, which itself appears to be ideologically questionable - lambasting progressive ideas and featuring pro-Tea Party stuff - might be best to tread with caution.
    While these days it seems you can trust very little, with propaganda and misinformation, conspiracy theories everywhere it does seem this is a genuine document as the source from where People Cube got it is a book by a professor in anthropology (or so it claims) published on Princeton University Press:
    http://press.princeton.edu/titles/8102.html

But then... there are some academics who believe no planes were involved in 9/11 but it was instead cruise missiles disguised by holograms, and I have made no further investigation of how much of a nutcase this particular academic is or isn't.

Leave a comment:

• eclectiktronik
    replied
    Originally posted by gogo View Post
    An official document from the Komzomol (The young Communist) about "What kind of music is dangerous and ideologically incorrect" and why:
    Long list but:
    1. Sex Pistols (punk, violence)
    2, B 52 (punk violence)...
    8 Styx (violence, vandalism)????
    12 Sparks (neo-nazi and racism)???
    15 Nazareth (violence, religious mysticism, sadism)???
    19 Pink Floyd 1983 - (against the foreign policy of USSR - Afghan war)
    20 Talking Heads - myth of the Soviet danger
    24 Donna Summer - erotica (very dangerous D. S.!)
    25 Tina Turner - sex (even more dangerous!!!)
    34 AND NOW THE TOP - Village People - VIOLENCE?!
    35 10 cc - neo-nazi
    38 Blondi punk, violence.

And the year is not 1955 but 1985

Are you sure that document is real? I have my doubts, since it appeared on the people's cube site, a US-orientated 'humour' page, which itself appears to be ideologically questionable - lambasting progressive ideas and featuring pro-Tea Party stuff - might be best to tread with caution.

Leave a comment:

• emperor tomato ketchup
    replied
    Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
    Yeah, I couldn't stick it for long.

Didn't get to look at any singles, but you did well. Went back y'day afternoon for a few minutes and picked up a few more bits, but again, nothing sensational.
    I've been enjoying this lp I got there. Reminds me of a wimpier Pacific Ocean Blue. I especially like the way that even though there's a fiddle player on some songs he isn't on Hoedown and instead this peaen to a "an authentic western hoedown" has a lumpy but attractive orchestral melody to drive it.

Leave a comment:

• d7bohs
    replied
    Originally posted by nlgbbbblth View Post
    Deadly!

Fair was very cramped. The cheap boxes on the floor were hell to look at it.

Picked up some 45s

Troggs - Little Girl (killer b-side Maybe The Madman)
    Yardbirds - Little Games
    Manfred Mann - 5-4-3-2-1
    Paul McCartney - Coming Up
    Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab Ya
    Fairport Convention - Si Tu Does Partir

and some collection filler LPs.
    Yeah, I couldn't stick it for long.

Didn't get to look at any singles, but you did well. Went back y'day afternoon for a few minutes and picked up a few more bits, but again, nothing sensational.

Leave a comment:

• john stapleton
    replied
    Nice 45!

No boot for me today unfortunately.

Will hopefully get a chance to post up some recent finds soon!

Made a disappointing house visit on Friday, looked through a large boxed of battered sleeveless Barry White/Supremes/Abba type 45s, and found a copy of this...

a bit rough (to say the least), but plays nicely - what was it doing there?

Leave a comment:

• highland cow
    replied
    Record fair this weekend a bit of a bust - a few collection fillers, but nothing wildly exciting. Found a nice 45 at a market on the way in though....

Irish pressing too.

Leave a comment:

• nlgbbbblth
    replied
    Record fair this weekend a bit of a bust - a few collection fillers, but nothing wildly exciting. Found a nice 45 at a market on the way in though....

Deadly!

Fair was very cramped. The cheap boxes on the floor were hell to look at it.

Picked up some 45s

Troggs - Little Girl (killer b-side Maybe The Madman)
    Yardbirds - Little Games
    Manfred Mann - 5-4-3-2-1
    Paul McCartney - Coming Up
    Nancy Sinatra - How Does That Grab Ya
    Fairport Convention - Si Tu Does Partir

and some collection filler LPs.

Leave a comment:

• d7bohs
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Bloody hell Hugh, we both go to South America and come back with the same LP's...

At the booter today I found one of these...

So have invited all the family to join me in a rendition of Da Da Da. Marvellous.

I also found a Zimbabwean album that has an amazing cover that'll make all plussers go shame the music ain't all that to these cloth ears. Someone here'll love it so I'll trade it on later...

Leave a comment:

• pmoru
    replied
    Originally posted by gogo
    The TYA Watt is a french advance copy before the right sleeve.

Leave a comment:

• mr sayers
    replied
    Love that T.I.M.E. LP, they did another if you ever get chance to grab it.

Leave a comment:

• Plainstone
    replied
    You people and your sanded & varnished floorboards

Leave a comment:

• jakartajive
    replied
    A few bits and pieces I grabbed during a very rushed dig in Sao Paulo last week.

Leave a comment:

• Crawdaddy Simon
    replied
    Originally posted by gogo View Post
    The first Arthur Brown and Brotherhood (does someone know something about Brotherhood) are really pleasant.
    Brotherhood were members of Paul Revere & The Raiders. They have one other album which is excellent:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X