X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawdaddy Simon
    replied
    Originally posted by Aggie View Post

Latest purchases (Dennis Wilson and Bob Lind are from Simon's trade list; both are lovely! Many many thanks mate!). The other albums are from stores.
    Cheers Aggie, and nice floor too!

Leave a comment:

• ROCKPROF
    replied
    While were waiting for more gogo stuff. Here's some stuff

Pat Kelley from the boot from a box that was supposed to be rinsed by dealers. Traffic is a French pink island from a charity and the Can lp was in amongst a load of classical just come in. Chuffed it was the orig in nice condition.

A few more from the reggae stash cleaned up that were interesting.

Promised Land - Gaytones great percussive reggae.

Odd Dillinger on Steady JA 7 with sound effects etc. Cant find anything on google with this one.

Leave a comment:

• pmoru
    replied
    Originally posted by gogo View Post
    No great things according the information I found, but some honest (only the Vertigo B.S. "with black gatefold sleeve and lyrics printed on cross" seems to be the first edition (I bought Record Collector 2010 for the information I can not find here in VGP)
    The Blue Things is an excellent thing!

Leave a comment:

• gogo
    replied
    around monk and mingus

Leave a comment:

• d7bohs
    replied
    [QUOTE=gogo;448488]
    Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
    Whoa, instant Miles collection! I'm especially fond of Seven Steps to heaven. How's the sound quality on those Euro pressings?

I can compare Columbia mono CL 2051 - "2 eyes" USA and French CBS S 62 170.
    The french has more highs and lack of middle sounds. Not so dynamic. Feeling of emptiness but my opinion of profane is that in this case the stereo is a +.
    I never knew that French retitled version of 'Seven Steps.....' existed until your post, and then I found a copy today.......

Leave a comment:

• Aggie
    replied
    OK - Before 2 hours I took the available copies + some "B" that I have done a list.

Which editions/versions are the two 666? I bet one is french

Leave a comment:

• gogo
    replied
    [QUOTE=Headless mermaid;448383]Whoa, instant Miles collection! I'm especially fond of Seven Steps to heaven. How's the sound quality on those Euro pressings?

I can compare Columbia mono CL 2051 - "2 eyes" USA and French CBS S 62 170.
    The french has more highs and lack of middle sounds. Not so dynamic. Feeling of emptiness but my opinion of profane is that in this case the stereo is a +.

Leave a comment:

• rprest
    replied
    Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
    damn willow......."ace man"........."postcards".........how come i've never heard of them? this is wrong. anyone has a copy for me? i need this bad!
    That's exactly how I felt Thankfully both LP's can be picked up cheap off the bay and other places.

I'm amazed the debut isn't more well know, it's a beautiful piece

Leave a comment:

• gogo
    replied
    The first Arthur Brown and Brotherhood (does someone know something about Brotherhood) are really pleasant.
    Last edited by gogo; 22-07-2011, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• john stapleton
    replied
    No great things according the information I found, but some honest (only the Vertigo B.S. "with black gatefold sleeve and lyrics printed on cross" seems to be the first edition (I bought Record Collector 2010 for the information I can not find here in VGP)
    The Blue Things LP! Nice work sir!

Leave a comment:

• Brainbomb
    replied
    Maybe not but the Graham Bond and the Arthur Brown are great records.

Leave a comment:

• effi_deep
    replied
    damn willow......."ace man"........."postcards".........how come i've never heard of them? this is wrong. anyone has a copy for me? i need this bad!

Leave a comment:

• gogo
    replied
    Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
    this has allready become a ritual.
    coming home in the evening, starting up the computer...excited to see what gogo picked up today...i do it before i check the emails

very interesting post about those forbidden titles as well.
    OK - specially for you the last (for this July) founds:

Leave a comment:

• ninja simone
    replied
    Originally posted by Boursin View Post
    Oh, that Canned Heat and their homosexualism!
    Surprised that Boy George seems to have slipped under their radar if it was 1985.

Nice to see Julio Iglesias outed as a neo-fascist at last though.

Leave a comment:

• effi_deep
    replied
    Originally posted by rprest View Post
    Willow Both great LP's, but the first is beautiful soft pop with occasional groovy moments. New discovery for me but fast becoming one of my new favourite records. Perfect summer piece http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_h23ILmJ08
    wow, love that birdman track. and the rest on youtube (seattle for example) sounded spot on...but then i'm a sucker for soft harmony-west-coast vibes.
    thanks for enlighten me mate! i had never heard of them...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X