• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for "I"

Only 3

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
      The Heldon is quite good for late-night listening. I have tried, but the Hardy Boys leaves me cold.

Comment

• "j"

The missing top is Glass bead games by Clifford Jordan (signed?)c-sorry for the bad picture
        and The Jaggerz. I took all the signed records I saw - no importance that most artists are unknown for me.
        Last edited by gogo; 11-07-2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
          Go go - you're killing it with these finds - so much good stuff - love that Graffiti LP! You've nabbed tons of stuff I'd like to own - good work fella!!
          What he said, also a big fan of the "Edwards hand", and the "Fallin' angels".
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• @ gogo - - crazy - I've bought the rough guide for Bulgaria and a plane ticket - keep them coming... there must be a few more out of 1700
            "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• Shite and bollocks! With GoGo rocking up with a once-in-a-lifetime score, my stuff's gonna seem like a major anti-climax.

But I've got the odd item here that I was particularly pleased with, so thought I'd share.

All the usual sources have once again been frequented, as well as very brief jaunt down Nottingham Cattle Market before my train up to Sheffield the other Saturday (I was in 'counselling friend whose life is quickly turning to shit' mode, but managed to fit in a quick vinyl hunt even then!).

Must say, I've been pleasantly surprised lately by how many of the old VV/VG+ classics have suddenly found their way back into my grubby mitts. There's still plenty that I could do with seeing again due to ill-placed assumptions that they were easy to turn up, but it's reassuring to feel that they're still out there somewhere.....

Anyhoo:

The above pic has a few spares (Rasa, Yesterday's Dreams and Touch 'Em...) but it's the first time I've had the Bobbie Gentry 'Patchwork' LP. I keep wondering whether I should go completist on Bobbie's stuff, or just wait and let the various missing titles come to me. There's certainly something on each album to justify acquiring it, or so it seems. Verily, she was the business.

The second pic betrays a spot of e-digging. Rumplestiltskin was acquired cheaply off GEMM, think it was another one where the seller had mis-spelt it or summat, meaning it hadn't been hit very often. Can't understand why I'd not tracked this down well before now as it's right up my street. TNTH came off the 'bay, for a song - excellent stuff. Spare Grumbleweeds and spare Rock Steady Hits. Nice to have Ellen McIlwaine again after my old copy went a-wandering some time ago (the suspect is no longer on my Christmas card list). And a nice bit of swappage with Mr P. Face - thankyou sir.

All of the above were dirt cheap. Starting to get my Kristofferson on properly now, but need to know what year or album should be my cut-off point? Some East Midlands big band jazz that sounded pretty decent on needle drop. Performance mainly for the sleeve as the vinyl's pish. That was when Jagger looked amazing. In man crush terms, only Johnny Depp and Georgie Best can challenge Jagger in Turner mode. Francis Monkman getting a bit dark and Numan-esque, not my cuppa. Always nice to get that Lynsey LP for pennies and another Japan 12" to add to my burgeoning collection.

Best Blue Mink LP by a mile and one that I hardly ever see, so this one's a keeper this time. Proper library funk to be found on here and tons of drum breaks. Has anyone ever peeled the sticker illustration off the cover out of pure curiosity? Owt behind it? Portal to Narnia perhaps? Pleased to get the Silver Jade LP on my visit up to Sheffield, got it from Record Collector which I have to say has lost it in my eyes. Still plenty of good titles, but so clued up on eBay and Popsike now that the old days of finding bargains and feeling willing to spend three figures in there as you knew you were getting a deal are long gone. Sad, but I can see their angle. Another copy of the Working Man's Soul type PP with the fired up version of 'Day By Day' think it's Ivor Raymonde Orch on the backing, can't be arsed to check right now! Then another VV classic for pennies. OG Funkadelic from Record Collector, I still love my Funkadelic and am only too happy to replace the shiny 90s reissues where possible - job done! Then the Rabold LP duped me into thinking it could be a Release Music Orchestra type thing. It isn't. Far too 'free' and only the very last track reaches any sort of Placebo-esque cohesion, won't be hanging on to this!!

The above mostly came from my 20mins visit to the Cattle Market. With the exception of the fun and fuzz of Wiatraki (spare). Great to pick up clean copies of the old favourites, most of which are spares.

Can't compete with Mr GoGo though and am on the edge of my seat to see what the rest of the alphabet brings. Nor can I believe the incredible frequency with which Moody seems to be littering these Finds pages, summat like two this year? Fuck's sake! It's like an onslaught of the boggers!

Who will get one next? Like Alberto Frog "Hmmmmmmm..............I think it will be.................Campag." It won't be sodding me, that's for sure!!
              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

• Great stuff there Ben - nice to see the VV classics on parade! Try 'Memo from Turner' on the Performance ost again - I really rate it - best thing the Stones never did IMHO. I'm no big fan of the stones to be honest but I did seek out that tune on a 45 got play out purposes.

OK to drop you a pm about the Wiatraki?
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Great finds there Ben, as Lee says good to see a lot of the trickier vulture finds in there. Nice one on the T.N.T.H. I love that LP.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                    Great stuff there Ben - nice to see the VV classics on parade! Try 'Memo from Turner' on the Performance ost again - I really rate it - best thing the Stones never did IMHO. I'm no big fan of the stones to be honest but I did seek out that tune on a 45 got play out purposes.

OK to drop you a pm about the Wiatraki?

Oh, sorry, I meant that the vinyl is in pish condition!

Memo From Turner has been going on my mixes/comps for years and years.

Feel free to get in touch mate, always good to hear from folk. Especially if they follow up their interest!!
                    Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
                      The above pic has a few spares ...Yesterday's Dreams

Who will get one next? Like Alberto Frog "Hmmmmmmm..............I think it will be.................Campag." It won't be sodding me, that's for sure!!
                      Ha ha....you must be joking Ben. I've got no hope of finding one. Think me and Craig missed our chance when Kestrel Blazer pulled one from a local shop earlier this year (being used as a door stop).

Great finds as always mate. Still need a copy of that Yesterdays Dreams if someone hasn't already nabbed it off you.

Gogo's finds are leaving me drooling though.
                      "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Thanks for the interest.

Thanks to all for the good words and information. It is the luck of the beginner
                        Steve, I really do not understand what you want in your e-mail. My English is poor and in this case even Google Translator can not help me. But if you need details about this album, the simpliest thing I can do is to show you the cover. I can tell you nothing more. The album is "Made in Australia"

Comment

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
                          Still need a copy of that Yesterdays Dreams if someone hasn't already nabbed it off you.
                          As you know Nige mate, got mine from Tynemouth many years ago, and never had a sniff of another, surely it can't be that rare can it!?
                          Last edited by mr sayers; 12-07-2011, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Time for K

Comment

• How did this end up in archway

http://youtu.be/bK0uodC_vJA
                              Found This In Archway for 50p

Comment

• That'll be the immigans tekkin ooor jobz

I always seem to find interesting foreign stuff on the odd occasion I dig in archway...
                                "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

Working...
                                X