No announcement yet.

August Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found Zoot Sims live at Ronnie Scotts on Fontana today, 2nd issue. Absolutely storming jazz from 1961, really good lp IMHO
    Yusef Lateef

Comment

• Originally posted by Greedy Boy View Post
      I found Zoot Sims live at Ronnie Scotts on Fontana today, 2nd issue. Absolutely storming jazz from 1961, really good lp IMHO
      Great LP, featuring Harold McNair.... got the 1st Press on Fontana many moons ago.

Comment

• Yesterday, last day of August, crate digging in Columbus:

Penny Nichol -'Penny's Arcade'
        Nektar -'A Tab In The Ocean'
        National Health -'D.S. Al Coda'
        Mooseheart Faith Stellar Groove Band -'Mooseheart Faith'
        https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

• Anybody ever get offered a job and find records in the same place? When I was leaving after my job interview last week I noticed about 10 crates with records sitting in a corner in the company's courtyard. I asked the caretaker about the records and he said sure they're for sale, just look through them and pay me 10 DKR each for the ones you want. Then after spending 40 mins. looking through the lot and picking out a few the caretaker had disappeared so instead I asked a woman at the reception who told me in rather strong language no those were definitely not for sale and I couldn't touch them. Then I told her but the caretaker had said so so then she said she'd ask another woman who owned them to call me next week when she returned from her holiday. Then today the woman called me and let me buy the records. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
            Anybody ever get offered a job and find records in the same place? When I was leaving after my job interview last week I noticed about 10 crates with records sitting in a corner in the company's courtyard. I asked the caretaker about the records and he said sure they're for sale, just look through them and pay me 10 DKR each for the ones you want. Then after spending 40 mins. looking through the lot and picking out a few the caretaker had disappeared so instead I asked a woman at the reception who told me in rather strong language no those were definitely not for sale and I couldn't touch them. Then I told her but the caretaker had said so so then she said she'd ask another woman who owned them to call me next week when she returned from her holiday. Then today the woman called me and let me buy the records. Thanks.
            Nice! A job with apes and cheap records in one instance - must've been your lucky day.

If you don't like the Earth Opera I'm interested.
            "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
            and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
              Nice! A job with apes and cheap records in one instance - must've been your lucky day.

If you don't like the Earth Opera I'm interested.
              Cool. I'll bring it to Crillo today if you're coming? Feeling better?

Comment

• So, here I am, out in the back end of beyond, in Jasper, Alberta, with no record shops spotted for the last two weeks -when I noticed that the local 'dollar and up' store had a basement with a guy selling retro & vintage items. Plenty of old clothes and baseball cards, but only one box of records. Weirdly, the box contained uk staples such as Englebert Humperdinck and Roger Whittaker LPs, but I spotted this sealed item amongst the forty or so records

Don Jewitt: Between hello and goodbye

Turns out to be a lost Canadian pop gem. Hope it keeps in one piece during the journey home, or that's three dollars up the chute...
                Last edited by e3sa934; 02-09-2012, 06:38 AM.
                OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

Working...
                X