September finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bud Peyote View Post
    Yup sorry for the strategically placed fingers! Possibly my fave electro track. German issue but nice pic sleeve.
    Great 12" mate, I should really check on discogs as they're probably sitting on there dirt cheap.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
      Good 12", one you own Nige mate?
      Aye, I have them both. Sound is at the tailend of what I like but it is Tony D (RIP) production and I always liked his stuff. B side is the better of the two sides.
      "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
        ^ that Jamose 12" is great, what's the profile one mate?
        Crusaders for real hiphop: That's how it is - Tony D project from 1992, pretty cool if a bit of the time

Comment

• Originally posted by alanmck View Post
          ah, Double Barrelled Soul was always in my bag when i first started DJing, mainly for "Duffin' 'Round". must dig that out again, great record.
          Yes one of my favorite organ soul jazz tracks even if it's not so trendy anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
            Aye, I have them both. Sound is at the tailend of what I like but it is Tony D (RIP) production and I always liked his stuff. B side is the better of the two sides.
            Tony D was great (RIP). From YZ to Poor Righteous Teachers. My fave of his must be the remix of this track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68kLL...eature=related

Comment

• Mostly from the market today...

Moog at the movies - S/T (PYE)
              Vulture classic, digging their version of 'Superfly'.

Sounds incorporated - S/T (MFP)
              Minted up.

Various - Here is youth praise (Reflection)
              Spare, coming your way Lee mate.

The mothers of invention - Absolutely free (Verve)
              Very pleased to get this as it had been on my mental wants list for years, now to find 'We're only in for the money".

Pro arte - Zlante pjesme (Suzy)
              Yugoslavian record with a couple of nice tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                Tony D was great (RIP). From YZ to Poor Righteous Teachers.
                WORD

Comment

• Today I found nothing for myself. But I did find "Red Niemen", a Swedish xian themed jazz record (Wallin plays Wallin), the Sabu Martinez Black Sugar and a xian funky soundtrack for Headless Mermaid. That's how it sometimes is when you go digging together - one brings home a bag full of goodies and the other naught.

About two weeks ago though I found a reasonably priced Staffan Abeleen Sweet Alva in a NM/M- condition so that's nice.

Left Hand Corner played me an amazing groovy jazz tune with eerie moog sounds and I've been looking for a copy since. Imagine: an Englishman living in Denmark showing me Swedish jazz goodness I had no idea existed.

Link to allmusics sound sample of the eerie moog jazz in question: http://www.allmusic.com/sample/t5502653
                  Last edited by Brainbomb; 24-09-2011, 08:50 PM.
                  "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                  and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                    Today I found nothing for myself. But I did find "Red Niemen", a Swedish xian themed jazz record (Wallin plays Wallin), the Sabu Martinez Black Sugar and a xian funky soundtrack for Headless Mermaid. That's how it sometimes is when you go digging together - one brings home a bag full of goodies and the other naught.
                    Yes, thanks for showing me those. Looking forward to wallow in the goodies the next few weeks.

Here are pics of the goodies in question + a few others:

Comment

Here are pics of the goodies in question + a few others:
                      Ahh, that Lou Donaldson contains one of the finest groovy jazz tunes ever committed to wax: the wonderous 'Rev Moses'. Heat with a Baptist beat
                      Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

• Originally posted by Knitwearfan View Post
                        Ahh, that Lou Donaldson contains one of the finest groovy jazz tunes ever committed to wax: the wonderous 'Rev Moses'. Heat with a Baptist beat
                        Ah yes. I remember playing at a café at my university a couple years ago

Comment

Maybe I should've picked it up after all, few weeks ago when it arrived. Think it came in the same "new arrivals" that gave me 2 Blue Mitchell records...
                          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Two years ago, today, in twenty years time, it matters not. Classic. One of my all time faves in case you couldn't tell...
                            Things ain't getting no brighter, load ain't getting no lighter.........

http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Barker/

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                              Maybe I should've picked it up after all, few weeks ago when it arrived. Think it came in the same "new arrivals" that gave me 2 Blue Mitchell records...
                              Or maybe you can take my used copy...
                              Can't belive it stayed in the new arrivals bin for weeks?!

Comment

• Jazz...

Got back home this weekend, popped out for lunch and picked up these as I passed through the market...

Grant Green "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (Blue Note)
                                4202 New York 43 West 61st St Microgroove pressing with Van Gelder and the ear symbol pressed in the run-out grooves. I think this is the first pressing (mono) of this mid 60's album. Featuring Hank Mobley and Larry Young. Currently enjoying the version of Jobim's "Corcovado (Quiet Nights)".

The Horace Silver Quintet "The Cape Verdean Blues" (Blue Note)
                                I think this is the first stereo pressing (Van Gelder stamp & ear) in a paste-back 43 West 61 St sleeve. Classic blue/white New York USA label. Check out Bonita and Pretty Eyes for some of those classic Blue Note sounds..!

Last edited by Sie Vulture; 25-09-2011, 09:28 AM.
                                If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Working...
                                X