No announcement yet.

September finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The weather was nice yeaterday, so took the bike to the countryside outside Århus and vissited a couple of charity shops. One of them was this old factory, now charity shop with lots of old furnitures and lots and lots of realy bad and realy smelly records. Mantoviano and friends, but in the back of one of the crates i managed to find a small selection of soul an funk records in great condition. I dont know much about soul and such but took theese 3.

Ceasar 75 is quite good. Organ funk? The castor bunch is good fun. Haven´t listened to Buddy Miles, but it looks promissing.
    I left behind some Black Smoke, Black heat and Ben. E. King albums, was that a mistake?
    Frank Sinatra is from a different charity shop.

Comment

• ^Judging from your buys I think you may have dug the Black heat LP, which one was it, and how much was it mate?
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
        did you know it John?
        I found it had been comped on a garage comp so my £3 was well spent
        £3 cor bleedin cheap that,killer tune that

like that angel 45 n all
        ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• spent the last 2 days stalled out at olympia/croydon fairs

wasnt in the buying mood on sat,got this rarity tho..

day blindness-s/t usa studio 10

today/sunday/croydon

very quite today,bought a few cheap lp,s best being

brian bennett-change of direction+best of illustrated london noise uk see for miles

chemical brothers-dig your own hole 2lp

jimi hendrix-joker 3lp sagapan box set

was nearly tempted to buy that vic flick lp,think the time has been and passed on that one
          ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• Originally posted by fnoev View Post
            The weather was nice yeaterday, so took the bike to the countryside outside Århus and vissited a couple of charity shops. One of them was this old factory, now charity shop with lots of old furnitures and lots and lots of realy bad and realy smelly records. Mantoviano and friends, but in the back of one of the crates i managed to find a small selection of soul an funk records in great condition. I dont know much about soul and such but took theese 3.

Ceasar 75 is quite good. Organ funk? The castor bunch is good fun. Haven´t listened to Buddy Miles, but it looks promissing.
            I left behind some Black Smoke, Black heat and Ben. E. King albums, was that a mistake?
            Frank Sinatra is from a different charity shop.
            Well done on the Ceasar Frazier. Thats a pretty rare one, has a tune called 'Funk it Down' wich is great!

Comment

did you know it John?
              I found it had been comped on a garage comp so my £3 was well spent
              I did know it, keep putting things on watch then forgetting about them...
              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

• Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
                I did know it, keep putting things on watch then forgetting about them...
                Well - that'll teach ya !
                I can't find much reference to this record online...i'll xmas mix it for you John !
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                  I found a very nice jazz record today that I didn't know about. Another Swedish one - just goes to show how much more I have to discover.

Jan Wallgren & Bengt Ernryd - Love Chant

Listen to a sample from the LP on Ernryds own homepage: http://www.ernrydmusik.se/Khalida%20kortversion.mp3
                  I love this one Anything with Ernryd or Wallgren is worth checking out imo. Ernryd "64-65" is a must (recordmania has a copy with soundclip up right now)
                  Last edited by BeatsDeluxe; 26-09-2011, 08:44 AM.

Comment

A Japanese Roy Ayers Ubiquity - 'we live in brooklyn baby' is a dark menacing piece of edgy psychedelic soul and a long time favourite - anyone know the score on this Japanese press...i bought it as an 'original' ? ?
                    Discogs states that the Jap issue was a contemporary release:
                    http://www.discogs.com/Roy-Ayers-Ubi...elease/1431154
                    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                      Ta H - i think i got it for a decent price in that case - hope you are keeping well mate
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by fnoev View Post
                        This one?

I don't think it's very good....

Any of the Black Heat albums are worth picking up for cheap
                        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
                          Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                          Ta H - i think i got it for a decent price in that case - hope you are keeping well mate
                          not sure that Discogs is right on this occasion. Pretty sure the Japanese Lexington stuff came out early 90s, there was certainly plenty of it around Soul Jazz/ Bongo at the time, obi's and all. At the time, originals of the "Ubiquity" and "He's Coming" albums were going for a LOT of money at the time, and the Lex presses were about £30.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat record, regardless. We Live in Brooklyn, He's A Superstar, etc.

Comment

• I Paid £20 / Guy told me it came it in Japan at the time?
                            Dunno?
                            Rockwell
                            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

I Paid £20 / Guy told me it came it in Japan at the time?
                              Dunno?
                              i'm not sure either. i guess i tend to treat discogs like wikipedia, a useful guide to stuff but not always an absolute source of verified/ moderated/ 100% accurate content. but i definitely remember seeing the Lex presses of stuff in Soho when i was spending far too much time/ money in record shops, maybe they were just plentiful rather than new, cos the US OGs were scarce and £100 pricey...

anyway, it's great and it's got Harry Whitaker aaaaaaaaaaaalllll over it.

Comment

• anyway, it's great and it's got Harry Whitaker aaaaaaaaaaaalllll over it.

That'll do nicely
                                Rockwell
                                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Working...
                                X