September finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by someblokecalledfuz View Post
    I'll be in the US in October - Texas to California.
    In and out of New York (WFMU) - East cost mainly as I aim to do in betweens by train as much as possible... Bus if required, but "More Miles Than Money" put me off that idea a bit

ARC was an initial idea, but connecting the dots was a bit of a nightmare as I can't drive - most of it I have booked, but have held off a few bits pending research of non record bits and best route options - looking forward to it...
    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
      just behind the US micro-brewery tour in priority
      Wise move. Where ya goin? Need any pointers?

Edit: Just read the prior post re East Coast itinerary. If it works out for you, hit Dogfish Head in Delaware for microbrews.
      Last edited by moecurlythanu; 04-09-2011, 05:47 PM.
      https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Originally posted by moecurlythanu View Post
        Edit: Just read the prior post re East Coast itinerary. If it works out for you, hit Dogfish Head in Delaware for microbrews.
        Dogfish Head - that was on the list

Weyerbacher - high on the agenda - three tours on a Saturday - arrive early according to the web site
        "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

@Pitch, thanks for sharing your trip the foto's are great, the records ain't bad either!

I'm a big fan of the Collectors I'm sure you'll dig their other LP too.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
            Dogfish Head - that was on the list

Weyerbacher - high on the agenda - three tours on a Saturday - arrive early according to the web site
            Weyerbacher is outstanding. Unfortunately not much of a Brewpub. I think they only have a tasting room onsite.

Victory and Troegs are other good Eastern PA micros. Otto's if you get into the central part of the state.
            Southern Tier if you travel in New York. Brooklyn Brewing in NYC area. Roosterfish if you get out and about in NY.

I'd be more help for Michigan, which imo has the best breweries in the USA, despite the hype for California & Colorado (which are quite good as well.)
            https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Heres some of my finds over the last month although the last week has been great.

Car boot and charity stuff from a box that arrived yesterday. Missed an orig Saucerful of Secrets from the box at the car boot I got the Eno and Equals from but you cant have em all. The Eric Burdon lp is a uk copy, bit battered but plays. That Jungle Drums lp is an odd and varied mix of 60s beaty beat.

Various EPs and pic sleeves from charities. Esso 69 includes Mike Sammes.Some metal and punk here.

3 free jazz/experimental lps from Payback including the very minimal ashbury stabbins duo and at a cool price. Rest charity and car boots. Been after the Eclection lp for a while so glad to get it cheap. Ramases swirly, lps a bit rough but sleeve nice. Another copy of Hanged Man found at the boot later on. I think a lot of the usual punters don't bother with this.

Heres some cheapo singles found in the wild south of Bristol.

Easy with fuzz. Skyliner Mitch Murray. What an awful photo.

Sleeveless 62 electronics from Dissevelt.

Pre- Man 60s beat.

That's Norman Johnson and the Showmen.

Anyway, thats enough bad photo record action for now, more later.
              Last edited by ROCKPROF; 04-09-2011, 07:18 PM.
              http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

LP

Mireille Mathieu - Les bicyclettes de belsize
                One decent track in the shape of "Celui que J'aime". SPARE.

45's

Rhinoceros - Apricot brandy/You're my girl (Electra)
                Been after this a while, so was happy to pick up a UK copy.

Curtis Knight Zeus - The devil made me do it/Oh rainbow (Dawn)
                Great Aside comped on 'Black chains and exhausts', this is coming your way Lee mate.

James Brown - Talkin' loud and saying nothing (The rock version) (King)
                So what the deal here, did this come out at the time, and is there a story behind him rerecording it and doing it as a 'rock' version?
                Last edited by mr sayers; 04-09-2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Cool mate - no i didn't have the Curtis Knight !
                  Is it on the album on Dawn ?
                  Had that and couldn't get into it...keep the french job for me please if poss?
                  Rockwell
                  Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                    Cool mate - no i didn't have the Curtis Knight !
                    Is it on the album on Dawn ?
                    Had that and couldn't get into it...keep the french job for me please if poss?
                    The Curtis Knight is on this LP Sie mate -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmgXy4baOjk

Ive put the 'French jobbie' aside for you.

Comment

Here's a few more blurred photos of 7s for you . Travelled 30 miles south after a car boot tip-off. Hypochondria nearly got the best of me but I came back with about 59 singles from a bloke who was given a DJ's collection of about 2000 singles. Need a clean but all nice enough.

Popsike shocker. Vernon Allen ska from 64 with out of tune flute which makes it sound nice and odd.

The School Boys.

I need a break. More later.
                      Last edited by ROCKPROF; 04-09-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                        The Curtis Knight is on this LP Sie mate -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmgXy4baOjk

Ive put the 'French jobbie' aside for you.
                        i found the album really patchy - found it when i was with Neil / i think it had a future Motorhead member playing on it...seemed pretty OTT
                        Rockwell
                        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Ace stuff prof - looked the tip off paid off then mate ?
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Final part.

Last lot of the highlights. Mostly reggae again. Glad to get the Iron Virgin single at last and the Moon Hop.

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                              Ace stuff prof - looked the tip off paid off then mate ?
                              Yes, one of my better ones. I seem to be coming a reggae\ska collector by default.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post

James Brown - Talkin' loud and saying nothing (The rock version) (King)
                                So what the deal here, did this come out at the time, and is there a story behind him rerecording it and doing it as a 'rock' version?
                                Rerecorded with Dave Matthews (and under his influence) around the time of the Grodeck Whipperjenny and Sho' is Funky Down Here LPs. Probably my fave JB 45 - much tougher and grittier than the 'normal' funk version. I was under the impression that it never got past the demo stage but I think someone on here posted up an issue version of it a while ago!

*edit* after a brief tootle about on the net it would seem that the 'rock' version is the original recording and the 'funk' version is the rerecording!

Never knew there was a track on that Meirelle LP Craig! Always been disappointed by her in the past so I've left that LP behind on many occasions - not next time Cheers for the 45 too mate.
                                Last edited by LDJB; 04-09-2011, 09:23 PM.
                                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Working...
                                X