No announcement yet.

September finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice finds there Sie mate, there's some great covers on that Frankie y Los Matadores, especially the James Brown one, did you score this locally?
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
      Nice finds there Sie mate, there's some great covers on that Frankie y Los Matadores, especially the James Brown one, did you score this locally?
      No - a blind ebay punt - cheapie !
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Great stuff there Sie - I've been looking out for that Elvis 45 for a while now - is it a cheapie if I go US - not had a sniff of the UK 45! Well Jealous of the Sorrows LP!!
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Go for the U.S - was about a fiver i think...lookin forward to your finds - will add some more later on to this thread.
          Rockwell
          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
            No - a blind ebay punt - cheapie !
            Result mate, it can be quite tricky to track down online.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
              Result mate, it can be quite tricky to track down online.
              wasn't aware of it mate...just bought it as filler to make the ever increasing U.S postage worthwhile
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

wasn't aware of it mate...just bought it as filler to make the ever increasing U.S postage worthwhile
                Good punt then mate, I never punt on anything online, too much of a risk for me as loads of stuff looks interesting!

Comment

• Nice stuff Sie (and awesomewelles).

Funny you should have just got that Hello People. I just had it on a few days ago after forgetting all about it and enjoying it.

I always intended on getting that Harlan County LP and was surprised to see it getting a reissue. I hope the OG is still a cheapie...used to be sealed BINS on ebay for $10.
                  "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• not seen a og harlan county for a bit Nige , some of the represses that are about right now are just so nice...i'd score an og if it came up cheap but i'm happy with this for now / have you got any other hello people albums mate?
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• I have an OG which I might be up for trading. I just don't dig it for some reason. Just re-listening again now to see if there's owt I'm missing.
                      "As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

Couple of cheapies by the Music Machine and 2 by the prog band One - now to find the album !
                        sie, i love "don't listen to me" to death for years now!

to me its one of my most precious 45s for some odd reason.

now that i think about it, its also one of my most favorite bands.
                        Last edited by effi_deep; 22-09-2011, 01:23 AM.
                        Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

not seen a og harlan county for a bit Nige , some of the represses that are about right now are just so nice...i'd score an og if it came up cheap but i'm happy with this for now / have you got any other hello people albums mate?
                          Nope, just that one Sie. Again, I always intended picking up the other one but never got round to it. Type of LP I'd hope to find at Utrecht for a reasonable amount.
                          "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
                            sie, i love "don't listen to me" to death for years now!

to me its one of my most precious 45s for some odd reason.

now that i think about it, its also one of my most favorite bands.
                            Have you got the album Sevi?
                            missed a really cheap one years back and never had another sniff
                            Rockwell
                            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Recent Finds

Couple of Frenchies

Couple of Choo Choo's

Comment

• Nearly fell over when passing the British Heart Foundation shop and saw that, after five years of looking, they've suddenly started stocking some records.

In amongst The Bachelors back cat, I grabbed --

Nice folk pop song with, I believe, Jimmy Page on guitar, and I've heard, on Miss De Shannon too.

Decent beat track with wonky guitar solo.

& this daft flexi disc.

Yes, that's a young (!) Denis Norden.

When I went to pay the lady said 'these are popular today, another man bought about twenty of these an hour ago'. 'Oh' I said, dying inside, 'what were they?' 'Kylie Minogues and, what do you call 'em? Banana girls. Said he wanted 'em for the covers'
                                Last edited by ginghamkitchen; 22-09-2011, 11:42 PM.
                                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

Working...
                                X