X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, LordNo
    replied
    Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
    Do black people in the South find it offensive? Genuine question.
    Black people in the South are not monolithic in their attitudes - we're talking about a ton of people in many different communities. Some are offended by it, I've seen some black folks fly it, wear it, etc.

Leave a comment:

• ginghamkitchen
    replied
    Originally posted by Agnes_Guano View Post
    The follow up single is even worse...

This fascinates me. So it's a beach party, right? Russ is there with some of his creations, along with George Michael, one of ZZ Top, Strawberry Switchblade, Elton John and Mike Read? Is everyone else seeing this? Who's the woman behind Russ, is that Madonna to the left and who's is the severed head in the sand?

Strawberry Switchblade only really had a profile in Nov/Dec 1985 and early 1986, so I wonder when the decision to include them was made, as they would have been long gone by the time the album came out?

Leave a comment:

• d7bohs
    replied
    Originally posted by No, LordNo View Post
    It represents a lot of things to a lot of people. As a southerner I wouldn't fly one personally, but I wouldn't be so simple-minded as to assume it's only a racist symbol - there was much more at stake in the civil war than just the issue of slavery.
    Do black people in the South find it offensive? Genuine question.

Leave a comment:

• No, LordNo
    replied
    Originally posted by dreskieboogie View Post
    I'm sure there's a lot to be proud of but what the flag represents to most people is not one of them.
    It represents a lot of things to a lot of people. As a southerner I wouldn't fly one personally, but I wouldn't be so simple-minded as to assume it's only a racist symbol - there was much more at stake in the civil war than just the issue of slavery.

Leave a comment:

• Agnes_Guano
    replied
    Originally posted by medlar View Post
    Worst cover ever
    The follow up single is even worse...

Leave a comment:

• Kratgraver
    replied
    Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
    this looks very good. never heard of them.
    any info?
    soft machine might be my favorite band ever, so i'm very intrigued

There is not much info on this. Asked a few friends. The three who are playing on the record worked at Paard. It's also recorded there.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paard_van_Troje

Here is one for sale.

http://www.psychedelicstorm.com/records.asp?start=101

Leave a comment:

• richwax
    replied
    [QUOTE=AlanP;463898]at risk of sounding like a Philistine and with all due respect to those involved...is that Ptolomy Psycon sort after simply because it's rare?

of course there's nothing that says you have to like something because someone else is willing to pay huge amounts for it, but aren't there some basic flaws riddled throughout that Azreal track? Three minutes of headscratching was enough for me.

Probably mainly collectible due to its rarity, but I thought it was pretty spectacular when I first put it on, maybe because I found it tho>?

Leave a comment:

• dreskieboogie
    replied
    I'm sure there's a lot to be proud of but what the flag represents to most people is not one of them.

Leave a comment:

• vinylarchive
    replied
    Proud of my southern heritage.

Leave a comment:

• dreskieboogie
    replied
    @obscurevinyl...

Why do you have the confederate flag as your picture?

Leave a comment:

• AlanP
    replied
    at risk of sounding like a Philistine and with all due respect to those involved...is that Ptolomy Psycon sort after simply because it's rare?

of course there's nothing that says you have to like something because someone else is willing to pay huge amounts for it, but aren't there some basic flaws riddled throughout that Azreal track? Three minutes of headscratching was enough for me.

So I assume there's some historical context or summat at play here as well?

Leave a comment:

• vinylarchive
    replied
    Ptolomy Psycon what a find. Being at the right place at the right time.

Leave a comment:

• kenneth
    replied
    rad find on that private ting mate well jell

Leave a comment:

• kestrel blazer
    replied
    Originally posted by richwax View Post
    Could someone give me some background info on the record. Are there clips anywhere?
    Here's the infomation I came across last year:

http://cdreissuewishlist.blogspot.co...n-england.html

Also a member of the band did sell one on popsike, I think it is mentioned in a previous thread somewhere on here.

Leave a comment:

• john stapleton
    replied
    Ptolomy Psycon!!!!!!!!!!!

I was pretty pleased with recent private press pickups, but wow!!!!!!!

One of the band - Nigel Jones - sold a few copies on ebay last year, big money!

Well done!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X