• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effi_deep
    replied
    Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
    Pre Utrecht finds ...

Danger ST ... Recorded in The Hague in 1973 on the indie Cow Records label, Prog Monster, limited to 300 back in the days, sounds beyond Soft Machine, mint copy
    this looks very good. never heard of them.
    any info?
    soft machine might be my favorite band ever, so i'm very intrigued

Leave a comment:

• richwax
    replied
    Could someone give me some background info on the record. Are there clips anywhere?[/QUOTE]

all i can find is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JWBLZqqhMY

and I think the name was taken from an ancient Egyptian King.

Leave a comment:

• llmod1
    replied
    I've never heard of this record before but based upon everyone's responses it is obviously some find!

Could someone give me some background info on the record. Are there clips anywhere?

Leave a comment:

• richwax
    replied
    <What an amazing record to turn up in the wild.>

Was amongst a huge pile of easy listening / classical too, and I was not first to them :O)

Bought it with a violin concerto, a moog lp and childrens lp(!)

Leave a comment:

• medlar
    replied
    Originally posted by richwax View Post
    5. A spectacular find in the wild.... a £1 'speculative' 10" Private Press (had the feeling it was good but never heard of it...) turned out to be Ptolomy Psycon 10". Apparently only 50 made too.

Listened to it last night and I can see why its so sought after.

Looked to be unplayed too :~)
    Unbelievable find! Congratulations

Leave a comment:

• richwax
    replied
    What an amazing record to turn up in the wild. Only heard a couple of tracks on compilations, is it really by 16/17 year olds with a school orchestra backing them?

Got no idea.

The rear sleeve just denotes personnel:

(lead, violin, vox)
    (bass, vox)
    (guitar flute)
    (piano organ vox)
    (drums)

also 'orchestra for azreal' - 9 musicians plus conductor.

Sound Engineer - Tim Kendell.

Havent had a proper find in wild for two years so Im really made up..

Leave a comment:

• kestrel blazer
    replied
    Originally posted by richwax View Post
    5. A spectacular find in the wild.... a £1 'speculative' 10" Private Press (had the feeling it was good but never heard of it...) turned out to be Ptolomy Psycon 10". Apparently only 50 made too.

What an amazing record to turn up in the wild. Only heard a couple of tracks on compilations, is it really by 16/17 year olds with a school orchestra backing them?

Leave a comment:

• Tom B
    replied
    Originally posted by flytipper View Post
    Ptolomy Psycon wow
    spectacular find - congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• Sie-Fly
    replied
    Ptolomy Psycon wow

Leave a comment:

• e3sa934
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Is that the Brazilian issue cassette then..? Like you said, pleasant enough listen...
    Yes, it's definitely the Brazilian issue.

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by e3sa934 View Post

Quinteto Violado - S/T (Philips, Brazil, 1972) ... how on earth did this end up in Telford?
    Is that the Brazilian issue cassette then..? Like you said, pleasant enough listen...

Leave a comment:

• e3sa934
    replied
    Here are a couple of finds from the charity shops of Telford (where I'm working at the moment)

Quinteto Violado - S/T (Philips, Brazil, 1972). Pleasant enough acoustic guitar & flute. I wonder if either Roger Dean or Paladin had anything to say about the design for the Paladin LP 'Charge' being nicked/modified? And how on earth did this end up in Telford? Nothing of similar content in the shop, sadly.

No problems with the origin of this next one, it's on a Telford-based record label ...

Peter Chandell - So Deep Is The Night (Zero Records, 1978, UK). Standard club band fodder, I was attracted by the inclusion of Itchycoo Park, and Whiter Shade of Pale - alas, not the bonkers versions I'd hoped for

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Bloody hell..!

Leave a comment:

• richwax
    replied
    A good November...

After a pretty barren late summer Ive had a great November, a lot of calls from my reliable established contacts..... Ive been turning collections down!

Highlights here, Ive also acquired a load of 7"s but too many to list here.

1. Some nice beat and jazz lps; kinks, small faces, stones etc (mostly trades)

2. Some nice reggae, including Laurel Aitken Ive been after for ages.

3/4. A RnR LP and EP collection I couldnt refuse as they were all stunning condition...

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sie Vulture
    replied
    Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
    Silvertones was produced by Lee Perry and has a couple of his original compositions on it...
    You'll have already guessed which are the two best tracks on this album...

Silvertones - Rejoice Jah Jah Children (plus skanking dub) - 6 minutes of pure Black Ark pressure..!

So good...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X