Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
    Pre Utrecht finds ...

Danger ST ... Recorded in The Hague in 1973 on the indie Cow Records label, Prog Monster, limited to 300 back in the days, sounds beyond Soft Machine, mint copy
    Gasp!!! What a find!!
    Fantastic LP, so hard to find.
    I've been looking for one for years.

The rest I'd have looked at for a long time before leaving.
    Dave Lee Roth, I Too Am Running With This Devil Of Which You Speak (sic)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
      Natural Reggae on Bamboo has rocky steady version of Tyrone Davis I think, It's either that or a version of Am I the Same Girl.
      Spot on fella, it's a version of the Tyrone Davis biggie, re-titled "Change Of Plans" by Alton Ellis.

Listening to the Natural Reggae album as I type - it's a solid LP...
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
        Silvertones was produced by Lee Perry and has a couple of his original compositions on it...
        You'll have already guessed which are the two best tracks on this album...

Silvertones - Rejoice Jah Jah Children (plus skanking dub) - 6 minutes of pure Black Ark pressure..!

So good...
        If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• A good November...

After a pretty barren late summer Ive had a great November, a lot of calls from my reliable established contacts..... Ive been turning collections down!

Highlights here, Ive also acquired a load of 7"s but too many to list here.

1. Some nice beat and jazz lps; kinks, small faces, stones etc (mostly trades)

2. Some nice reggae, including Laurel Aitken Ive been after for ages.

3/4. A RnR LP and EP collection I couldnt refuse as they were all stunning condition...

5. A spectacular find in the wild.... a £1 'speculative' 10" Private Press (had the feeling it was good but never heard of it...) turned out to be Ptolomy Psycon 10". Apparently only 50 made too.

Listened to it last night and I can see why its so sought after.

Looked to be unplayed too :~)
          Attached Files

Comment

• Bloody hell..!

Comment

• Here are a couple of finds from the charity shops of Telford (where I'm working at the moment)

Quinteto Violado - S/T (Philips, Brazil, 1972). Pleasant enough acoustic guitar & flute. I wonder if either Roger Dean or Paladin had anything to say about the design for the Paladin LP 'Charge' being nicked/modified? And how on earth did this end up in Telford? Nothing of similar content in the shop, sadly.

No problems with the origin of this next one, it's on a Telford-based record label ...

Peter Chandell - So Deep Is The Night (Zero Records, 1978, UK). Standard club band fodder, I was attracted by the inclusion of Itchycoo Park, and Whiter Shade of Pale - alas, not the bonkers versions I'd hoped for
              OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

• Originally posted by e3sa934 View Post

Quinteto Violado - S/T (Philips, Brazil, 1972) ... how on earth did this end up in Telford?
                Is that the Brazilian issue cassette then..? Like you said, pleasant enough listen...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                  Is that the Brazilian issue cassette then..? Like you said, pleasant enough listen...
                  Yes, it's definitely the Brazilian issue.
                  OK: ready; let's do it ...

>>> Hobbies Of Today - RU12 EP: Unreleased South Yorkshire Post-Glam/Proto-Punk from 1977 <<<

Comment

• Ptolomy Psycon wow
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                      Ptolomy Psycon wow
                      spectacular find - congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by richwax View Post
                        5. A spectacular find in the wild.... a £1 'speculative' 10" Private Press (had the feeling it was good but never heard of it...) turned out to be Ptolomy Psycon 10". Apparently only 50 made too.

What an amazing record to turn up in the wild. Only heard a couple of tracks on compilations, is it really by 16/17 year olds with a school orchestra backing them?

Comment

• What an amazing record to turn up in the wild. Only heard a couple of tracks on compilations, is it really by 16/17 year olds with a school orchestra backing them?

Got no idea.

The rear sleeve just denotes personnel:

(lead, violin, vox)
                          (bass, vox)
                          (guitar flute)
                          (piano organ vox)
                          (drums)

also 'orchestra for azreal' - 9 musicians plus conductor.

Sound Engineer - Tim Kendell.

Havent had a proper find in wild for two years so Im really made up..

Comment

• Originally posted by richwax View Post

Unbelievable find! Congratulations
                            some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• <What an amazing record to turn up in the wild.>

Was amongst a huge pile of easy listening / classical too, and I was not first to them :O)

Bought it with a violin concerto, a moog lp and childrens lp(!)

Comment

• I've never heard of this record before but based upon everyone's responses it is obviously some find!

Could someone give me some background info on the record. Are there clips anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                                X