No announcement yet.

November Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread makes me want to watch the Dukes of Hazzard.
    "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

• Originally posted by RobLilley View Post
      Hate to tell you this, but the black (plane/bird) isn't on my copy, so may be an imagination of a certain person with their black felt tip pen/marker
      Are Strawberry Switchblade on your cover? That's the bit I'm struggling with.
      SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe M'geek View Post
        This thread makes me want to watch the Dukes of Hazzard.
        Daisy Duke meant a lot to me when I was twelve.
        http://hidingplaceplace.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by beddoes View Post
          Daisy Duke meant a lot to me when I was twelve.

Boss Hogg is the real star of that show. His high waisted white suit is as much an icon of style as Daisy and her tiny shorts.

I also want to eat some of the exotic foodstuffs he has. 'pickled pigs feet' 'grits' 'chitlins' etc. Foreign food is ace.
          "Not only that but the WHOLE COVER is UNCREASED with only 2 or 3 TINY creaselines near the opening edge about half way down!!!! In the same place (about half way down the opening edge), there is an absolutely TINY and PERFECTLY repaired split" (xxxrecords)

Comment

I also want to eat some of the exotic foodstuffs he has. 'pickled pigs feet' 'grits' 'chitlins' etc. Foreign food is ace.
            With the possible exception of the grits, you can get all that in Suffolk.

Comment

Boss Hogg is the real star of that show. His high waisted white suit is as much an icon of style as Daisy and her tiny shorts.
              For some dude from England to come out of the woodwork lecturing someone about who is the real star of Dukes of Hazzard... doesn't sit right with me.

Comment

• I watched Live and Let Die the other day, and, speaking as someone who once spent a weekend in South Carolina, Sheriff J.W Pepper seemed to be a far more accurate portayal of the southern lawman than Boss Hogg, spitting tobacco juice, calling everyone 'Boy', hitching up his britches, giggling and going apoplectic with rage as a flying speedboat comes off the levee and destroys another of his police cars.
                Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ginghamkitchen View Post
                  Are Strawberry Switchblade on your cover? That's the bit I'm struggling with.
                  Sadly So, Loved "Since Yesterday" when they appeared on TOTP

Don't get me started on the back of the sleeve

Comment

Anita Dobson, that rubbish comedian holding Kim Basinger, Jose Mourinho, Susan Sontag, Billy Bremner, Robbie Savage and the legendary 'third Switchblade'.
                    Vardy.....¡¡¡PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Hate to tell you this, but the black (plane/bird) isn't on my copy, so may be an imagination of a certain person with their black felt tip pen/marker
                      That's what I thought when I saw the photo. See the faint trail off it to the right.
                      https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

I live in Ohio, and that stuff is definitely "foreign food."
                        https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

• Originally posted by moecurlythanu View Post
                          I live in Ohio, and that stuff is definitely "foreign food."
                          No grits in Ohio? I live in Philly and eat grits all the time...

Comment

• Originally posted by beddoes View Post
                            Why not? When did our country stop screwing the rest of the world?

The irony, of course, is that most Americans aren't in a position to comment on domestic matters in other countries, being entirely ignorant of such. Even our presidential candidates can't be bothered to learn what's going on outside our borders.
                            He's not referring to the US flag, during the Civil War the Americans were so busy killing each other they didn't have time to screw the rest of the world. My guess is he's spent at most a couple months in the south and fancies himself an expert now. I've been to Denmark and know well the dangers of the ascendent right wing there but I'm not so presumptuous as to lecture the Danes about it, so your point doesn't apply to me.

And yes, I was thinking about it and I believe some kind of Dukes of Hazzard gear (gloves, I believe) was the only instance of my rocking a rebel flag.
                            Last edited by No, LordNo; 23-11-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Sadly So, Loved "Since Yesterday" when they appeared on TOTP

Don't get me started on the back of the sleeve

Is the man in the bow tie supposed to be Keith Floyd? I think the person next to Boy George might be Marilyn. Or Rick Parfitt. In my mind, that helicopter is fully armed and the whole beach party is seconds away from becoming a massacre. Mike Ryan has a massive amount to answer for.

Comment

• Found the Deutsche Grammaphon box set "Avantgarde Vol 1" but it's missing the Stockhausen disc
                                A dash back to the chazza failed to locate it, bah!
                                Nonetheless, the set treats us to all your faves, Berio, Kagel, Lutoslowski, Ligeti etc
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by medlar; 23-11-2011, 11:42 AM.
                                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                                X