Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Finds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A) The severed head is surely Phil Collins.

    B) I think the term lectured is being used incorrectly. Unless I missed something some quite reasonable questions were asked. It seems overly OTT and sensitive to style that as "lecturing".
    Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

    John Peel

    Comment


    • Is that Noel Edmunds in the helicopter that everyone's fleeing from? There's NE1 written on the side.
      http://www.mixcloud.com/garethhayes/
      http://www.mixcloud.com/BangShangALang/
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/197897397221/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by the real hayes View Post
        Is that Noel Edmunds in the helicopter that everyone's fleeing from? There's NE1 written on the side.
        There's no end to it, is there? It's up there with the 'Garden Of Earthly Delights' in my book.
        SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by medlar View Post
          Found the Deutsche Grammaphon box set "Avantgarde Vol 1" but it's missing the Stockhausen disc
          A dash back to the chazza failed to locate it, bah!
          Nonetheless, the set treats us to all your faves, Berio, Kagel, Lutoslowski, Ligeti etc
          What on earth has that got to do with the symbolism of the confederate flag and attempts at identifying badly depicted eightes popstars? Please, try to keep on topic or start your own thread.
          http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
          http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
          http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

          Comment


          • Originally posted by No, LordNo View Post
            He's not referring to the US flag, during the Civil War the Americans were so busy killing each other they didn't have time to screw the rest of the world. My guess is he's spent at most a couple months in the south and fancies himself an expert now. I've been to Denmark and know well the dangers of the ascendent right wing there but I'm not so presumptuous as to lecture the Danes about it, so your point doesn't apply to me.

            And yes, I was thinking about it and I believe some kind of Dukes of Hazzard gear (gloves, I believe) was the only instance of my rocking a rebel flag.
            (Sorry, I didn't mean to turn the finds thread into something political...)

            I don't fancy myself an expert on many things and it doesn't really matter how much time I have spent in the South, or elsewhere for that matter. There's a lot of cool things in the South that one can be proud of like I pointed out before. With that said the Confederate Flag is a symbol of racism and should be seen as such. To use it to represent Southern Pride™ excluding racism is denying history.

            The idea that one can't speak on events in other countries is laughable at best. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Have a nice day!

            By the way, I would love to hear about some of the observations you made in Denmark if you want to share them. I'm sure you're an expert.

            P.S. I haven't found a decent record in a long time...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dreskieboogie View Post
              (Sorry, I didn't mean to turn the finds thread into something political...)

              I don't fancy myself an expert on many things and it doesn't really matter how much time I have spent in the South, or elsewhere for that matter. There's a lot of cool things in the South that one can be proud of like I pointed out before. With that said the Confederate Flag is a symbol of racism and should be seen as such. To use it to represent Southern Pride™ excluding racism is denying history.

              The idea that one can't speak on events in other countries is laughable at best. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. Have a nice day!

              By the way, I would love to hear about some of the observations you made in Denmark if you want to share them. I'm sure you're an expert.

              P.S. I haven't found a decent record in a long time...
              No hurt feelings here. You're just being overly reductive. The confederate flag is identified with racism, I'm just insisting that's not all it stands for. Maybe that's splitting hairs to you but to me it's a point worth making.

              I like Denmark, I have no reason to make an ass of myself by pretending to be an expert on a place I have limited experience of.

              Good luck finding a decent record...

              Comment


              • Today's Find - Does Anyone have any information on this record.....



                Uploaded with ImageShack.us

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RobLilley View Post
                  Today's Find - Does Anyone have any information on this record.....



                  Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                  That's a blast from the past. I got £25.00 for that photo session.
                  SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by No, LordNo View Post
                    No hurt feelings here. You're just being overly reductive. The confederate flag is identified with racism, I'm just insisting that's not all it stands for. Maybe that's splitting hairs to you but to me it's a point worth making.
                    But since that flag does also, and mostly, stand for racism, I believe there's no reason ever to use it. Our Danish friend isn't being overly reductive --you're being overly defensive.
                    http://hidingplaceplace.com/

                    Comment


                    • 13.500 kg of vinyl

                      I paid the vinyls by kilogram in one second hand shop for clothes - no great things but really not expensive











                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by No, LordNo View Post
                        No hurt feelings here. You're just being overly reductive. The confederate flag is identified with racism, I'm just insisting that's not all it stands for. Maybe that's splitting hairs to you but to me it's a point worth making.

                        I like Denmark, I have no reason to make an ass of myself by pretending to be an expert on a place I have limited experience of.

                        Good luck finding a decent record...
                        I'm glad that we can agree on the symbolism of the flag and that it shouldn't be used outside of historic contexts.

                        It was genuine when I said I would like to know what you thought of Denmark. This might be the wrong thread though. Sometimes an outside view can help broaden one's perspective.

                        I actually found a decent $1 record earlier this month. It's this one:

                        George Melvin Quintet LP

                        http://recordmania.net/index.php?ref...recid=JFN74979

                        I enjoy it.

                        Comment


                        • gogo, whats that CMYGUO B record?
                          Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

                          Comment


                          • Студио "В"

                            Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
                            gogo, whats that CMYGUO B record?
                            Bulgarian group "Studio W" - not something special:

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdg-Ceo7J1w

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWXvg...eature=related
                            Last edited by gogo; 23-11-2011, 08:16 PM.

                            Comment


                            • A few more to cram into this month's litany of the deranged and deluded, each and every one rescued from the bargain bins of this country's forgotten emporia, scrubbed clean with Mr Sheen and then lovingly glued back together with child-friendly glue.

                              The Grumbleweeds (no psychedelia of any description by this stage) - Comedy from their Radio 2 Series:



                              Rory Bremner's finest vinyl moment so far and the best cricket record until The Duckworth Lewis Method, The Commentators - N-n-nineteen Not Out:



                              Tony Hancock (in a cheap rip-off of another album cover) - Golden Hour of Tony Hancock:



                              Jasper Carrott - Carrott in Notts:



                              Steptoe and Son - Love and Harold Steptoe:



                              Roy Hudd - Hudd Dunnit!:



                              Norman Vaughan (bought in Leeds, a record of his was featured in the Leeds Museum even though he was born in Liverpool) - A Touch of the Norman Vaughans:



                              Johnny Morris - It's a Dog's Life:



                              Kenny Ball (from the Carry On stage show) - Smile, Smile, Smile:



                              And well, this isn't a recent acquistion but it has lain unphotographed and uncatalogued since last year when I entered into some unscrupulous trading activity with someblokecalledfuz. So let's pretend it's new, certainly the photograph is new. It's a lovely record by the way and many thanks for passing it on!

                              Morecambe and Wise - Happy Birthday

                              The Downstairs Lounge
                              http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                              http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

                              Comment


                              • Agnes, I got a couple of records you might be interested in during the 2010 Charity Shop Challenge. Here's the thread --

                                Scunthorpe

                                Let me know if you want any of this stuff, free to a good home.
                                SPIRIT DUPLICATOR Est 2015.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X