No announcement yet.

November Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will do. Oh and truly hideous architecture by the way. If there's ever an 'ugly library' thread I know what photo to post.
    The Downstairs Lounge
    http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

• Tribe on a 45?

sort of...

deeep oof-ness and very very

Comment

• a couple of nice charity finds yesterday - only records I'm afraid, the availability of sundry American symbolism of yore has flagged of late.

Johnny Desmond, Swinging (Gala) - think Always-era Bobby Darin featuring a groovy bongoed version of Old Devil Moon that immediately took my fancy. They called him 'the creamer' and I can hear why.

Nelson Riddle soundtrack for What A Way To Go (Capitol, I think) - aside from the title track, Giggling Girls is a revelation. Swinging jazz rhythm leading into some tasty solos as a space-age lounge choral vocal. Very cool.

various Cillas (Decca natch).

Gary Puckett & the (non-Dixie waving) Union Gap, Lady Willpower 7'' for the Daylight Stranger b-side.

Button Down Brass, Why Can't We All Get Together (Pye), Truckin' rocks along nicely.

and a spare of Andy Williams' 7'' House of Bamboo.

Comment

• from a Scandinavian friend

4 great albums - if you can find them - don't miss, but only 500 copies

Comment

• Nice bike ride from work to my daughters school. Saw the truck in front of the thrift store and went in. They had a nice box of vinyl. In this shop is everything 0.25 € each ...

Lots of classics, like Clockwork Orange (Orange Mecanique: french press), Superfly, Car Wash etc

Very happy to find this LP rack, nice for new finds ... filled it with the Utrecht finds

... and a new one ...

Henry Mancini The Latin Big Band of ... Great cover and lots of good tunes, Magnificent Seven, Touch of Evil, The Good The Bad and The Ugly, Hang 'm High and mission impossible

http://youtu.be/idIwBpc98Zg
            http://youtu.be/vjQhoeJow7w
            http://youtu.be/U1Zb1VrPxG0

Jimmy Castor Hey Leroy ... A young Jimmy without the bunch, Latin breaks allover

BANG BANG!!
            http://youtu.be/yuxVvdtukZE
            http://youtu.be/l2aPS1Hx5RY

Milt Jackson Plenty, Plenty Soul ... A nice original and very clean Atlantic, killer line-up, Art Blakey, sahib Shihab, Frank Foster, Horace Silver, Oscar Pettiford etc

Atomic Rooster Made in England ... Without the denim sleeve but in excellent condition, if you want to upgrade let me know, it's up for trade

Tee-Set In the Morning of my Days ... Dutch band, clean copy for trade

Sergio Mendes Live at Expo '70 ... Great live recording from 5-4-1970 Osaka Japan, filled with classics

3 times Ravi Shankar and 5 times Etnic Field recordings from Java, Chant du monde, Unesco, Ocora, and Tangent label ...

This was a surprise, hidden in the Ravi Shankar cover, Theme of the persuaders by John Barry

two sets of new Nagaoka Inner Record Sleeves No.102 , not that I would normally buy them for 20€ (50 sleeves, 100 found), for 0.25€ it's nice to have ...

And last but not least ...

Dual C505-3 in an excellent condition, fully operational and flawless. Only need to repair the plugs ...

My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

• Nice finds sir!

I'm interested in the Tee Set Cees - I'll PM you
              "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Are the tee set not crap then Iee? I've had various bits by them over the years (a few 45s, a comp of their best stuff and a few appearances on other comps) and it was all rubbish but maybe I was unlucky. I suppose maybe they could be like Marmalade or Vanity Vayre or any other late 60s mainly awful pop group.
                Enthusiastic vagueness passes for scholarship in the twilight world of the disc-jockey.

John Peel

Comment

• Originally posted by emperor tomato ketchup View Post
                  Are the tee set not crap then Iee? I've had various bits by them over the years (a few 45s, a comp of their best stuff and a few appearances on other comps) and it was all rubbish but maybe I was unlucky. I suppose maybe they could be like Marmalade or Vanity Vayre or any other late 60s mainly awful pop group.
                  In short - yes - you are correct. However that LP is their attmept at pop sike and some of it is rather good - I have a beat up copy you can have if I sort this trade with Cees.
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• In lieu of sufficient time and funds to go to Utrecht I scored greatly in a local shop this weekend:

Modern Lovers - S/T
                    OG to replace my reissue. Excellent all through and Roadrunner is one of the best rock songs ever.

Magma - S/T
                    Great prog - very composed (which I normally don't like) but in a good way. Also - this first album is a little bit more loose and jazzy.

Friend and Lover - Reach Out of the Darkness
                    Great trippy folk/vocal pop thing on Verve Forecast, that seemed to have an eye for finding interesting non-jazz acts - don't think I've encountered a bad album on that label yet.

Berndt Egerbladh - Nybyggarland
                    Swedish folkjazz, all round nice but two great tracks that stand out.

Sorry - no pics, I'm lazy today.
                    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• In lieu of sufficient time and funds

to go to Utrecht I ... trades, purchases etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                        In lieu of sufficient time and funds to go to Utrecht I scored greatly in a local shop this weekend:

Modern Lovers - S/T
                        OG to replace my reissue. Excellent all through and Roadrunner is one of the best rock songs ever..
                        Part of the soundtrack to my teenage years Excellent
                        Back to Neuuuuuuuuuu!

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
                          I paid the vinyls by kilogram in one second hand shop for clothes - no great things but really not expensive
                          Am I reading that right
                          The records and clothes were weighed and a certain sum was the going rate? Hope they were as cheap as chips
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Originally posted by medlar View Post
                            Am I reading that right
                            The records and clothes were weighed and a certain sum was the going rate? Hope they were as cheap as chips
                            Monday - around 4 euros for 1 kg
                            Tuesday - 3.80
                            Wednesday - 3.40
                            Thursday - 3.00
                            Friday - 2.50
                            Saturday (until 12.00) - 2.00
                            Sunday - closed
                            But really rare to find records.

Comment

• Got a few bits in the charity shops

Kinks - Waterloo Sunset / Act Nice And Gentle - Pye
                              Yardbirds - Heart Full Of Soul / Steeled Blues - Columbia
                              Rolling Stones - 19th Nervous Breakdown / As Tears Go By - Decca
                              Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want / Honky Tonk Women - Decca
                              Terry Lightfoot - Big Noise From Winnetka / Long Gone - Columbia

and some recent buys

Rhinoceros - Apricot Brandy / You're My Girl - Elektra
                              Children Of The Mission - Tears / Lord Release Me - Hansa (a long time want)
                              Brigitte Fontaine - Le Goudron / Les Beaux Animaux - Saravah
                              Rockers All Stars - Pablo Meets Mr Bassie / Mr Bassie Special - Rough Trade
                              Uta - Baudelaire / Hier Aujourd'Hui Demain - A-Z

Comment

• Record fair was a bit of a bust: spent a little too much on a minty copy of Edgar Broughton's Wasa Wasa because it'll be a long time til I see another copy like it, and that was it: nothing else I was even remotely tempted by.

Ambled home to avoid the pile of essays waiting for me to correct, and into a charity shop as you do......lots of new stuff out since earlier in the week, and among a lot of 80s commons was a copy of

for a euro.

So that was nice.

Those essays are still there though
                                Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Working...
                                X