No announcement yet.

November Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After sweet talking the ladies at the local charity shop I was given access to the local warehouse distribution centre, with the promise of 'thousands' of records (!!!) Of course it was never going to live up to expectations.....

There were a LOT of records, all quite literally stuffed up in metal cages. After a couple of hours of searching and sorting the stuff for them I did manage to snag a stack of well known stuff as collection fillers (dylan, neil young) as well as some other bits.

couple of 45s

Back in December to make some headway into the other room full of cages
    http://peachfuzzforest.blogspot.com
    www.the-onyx.co.uk
    www.kernowbeat.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
      ... and among a lot of 80s commons was a copy of

for a euro.

So that was nice.
      (gives the lad a round of applause...)

Nowt much for me this weekend - time restricted due to flights, fog and family. But, did find 5 mins to walk past a market stall and walk away with this...

... so an evening of flutey French prog awaits me..!
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by d7bohs View Post
        Record fair was a bit of a bust: spent a little too much on a minty copy of Edgar Broughton's Wasa Wasa because it'll be a long time til I see another copy like it, and that was it: nothing else I was even remotely tempted by.

Ambled home to avoid the pile of essays waiting for me to correct, and into a charity shop as you do......lots of new stuff out since earlier in the week, and among a lot of 80s commons was a copy of

for a euro.

So that was nice.

Those essays are still there though
        Very jealous...great find. Still alludes me that one and I'm certainly prepared to pay more than 1 euro.
        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post

Nowt much for me this weekend - time restricted due to flights, fog and family. But, did find 5 mins to walk past a market stall and walk away with this...

... so an evening of flutey French prog awaits me..!
          After reading the review here that's now the record I want to hear most....
          Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
            Very jealous...great find. Still alludes me that one and I'm certainly prepared to pay more than 1 euro.
            I've never found one in the wild - ended up trading with Boney for a copy...

There was one on the wall in Shinjuku Disk Union last month - 24,200 Y and it's yours...

(I'll let you do the math)
            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
              I've never found one in the wild - ended up trading with Boney for a copy...

There was one on the wall in Shinjuku Disk Union last month - 24,200 Y and it's yours...

(I'll let you do the math)
              Great LP that Ame Som Sie - we done my man.
              How long ago was that byker trade? Good times that day
              You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

• Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
                Ah, many moons my friend - seem to remember it was the evening our ladies destroyed everyone at pool...

Comment

• Originally posted by gogo View Post
                  no great things
                  surely some great things in there Bingo Miki etc

Comment

• I think my copy came from you as well...

Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
                    Great LP that Ame Som Sie - we done my man.
                    Did I not end up buying a copy off you at some point Mark mate?
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• feeling the need to curb my spending after a bit of a blow out in NYC recently...so took a load of ol' crap down to flashback in islington to trade - and found this beauty in the racks!!!

Not everyday you get a score like that roun' these parts - and I didn't even have to include money into the transaction.
                      MOSTLY MELLOW

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                        Did I not end up buying a copy off you at some point Mark mate?
                        I think you might be right Craig
                        It sounds like I was literally tripping over them once upon a time!!

I wish!!
                        Still got my keeper hard filed
                        You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

• Originally posted by captainwilloughby View Post
                          feeling the need to curb my spending after a bit of a blow out in NYC recently...so took a load of ol' crap down to flashback in islington to trade - and found this beauty in the racks!!!

Not everyday you get a score like that roun' these parts - and I didn't even have to include money into the transaction.
                          Shit! Passed up on that one at Feedback...it said it was warped and had surface noise and thought the asking price was a bit much for a record in such condition...

Then went to Haggle for the first time with no idea of his reputation, boy was I in for a shock...

Comment

• should have checked it mate, had a small dink but only notice it in the gap between 2 tracks, otherwise vg to vg+, sounding niceeeee!
                            MOSTLY MELLOW

Comment

• Cool! Was really impressed by Feedback...will defo go again when in the smoke...nice guy, fair prices, listening posts, vg+!

As for Haggle, there was one record i'd like to buy...considering his un-orthodox 'business model', do you think mail order would be a waste of time? I don't wan't to suffer his wrath again...but I would like the lp!

Comment

• flashback? yeah, they're good guys and the stock is updated really regularly. didn't fancy the £500 Arzachel on the wall then?

Haggle...I've given up with that place, personally can't be arsed and his prices aren't great.
                                MOSTLY MELLOW

Comment

Working...
                                X