November Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainwilloughby View Post
    are they different? I have it and haven't noticed the difference!!
    It's mainly the mix but I'm pretty sure the drums are a little different on at least one of the two, also.

<edit>

The Hip Sound 'Far Out'
    Pierre Henry 'Teen Tonic'

Aside from the obvious differences between two different rips and uploads, there's a prominent double kick in the drum pattern of 'Far Out' that's absent from 'Teen Tonic'. From memory there's a difference between the other two sides in the way the track kicks in after the intro but I can't compare those right now.

</edit>
    Last edited by Rich Hero; 03-11-2011, 02:22 PM. Reason: nerds
    You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

'The Seasons' BBC Drama Workshop

Pretty chuffed finding this as it's an lp I've only ever heard about, sleeves a little ropey but the vinyl is superb, from memory the beeb pressings are not too bad with clear audio, will be happy to burn a cd for anyone interested

Still beaming

Comment

Originally posted by wax on View Post
        Pretty chuffed finding this as it's an lp I've only ever heard about, sleeves a little ropey but the vinyl is superb, from memory the beeb pressings are not too bad with clear audio, will be happy to burn a cd for anyone interested

Still beaming
        nice find mate
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by flytipper View Post
          nice find mate
          Cheers.. i think it's the one eludes many fans

Comment

Not technically a find at all but didn't know where else to post this: My neighbor is playing some arabic chanting music right now and call me ignorant but it sounds like the singer is crying. Just saying.

Comment

cheers for the offer IIMod1, I'll PM you once my hangover has settled down a tad.

I'd have thought I'd be good at dealing with these by now.

Comment

Originally posted by wax on View Post

Still beaming
                You lucky bastard! I love that record! Don't suppose you'd want to ... no, I didn't think so

"As technology has advanced, vinyl records are outdated as they are music from the 19th Century so only hipsters and elderly people buy vinyl records".

Mixes for your delectation: http://www.mixcloud.com/danmatic/

Comment

It was MY turn this morning. £££ bin 45 haul.

I Roy - Jah Come Here - Third World
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1BFrIGrJko

The Slickers - Fussing and Fighting - Punch
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGlEh-fQ9fU

Enos McLeod - Lonely Teardrops - Orbit --great dub flip
                  Trinity -Heng On Sloopy(sic) - Well Charged---two nice sides
                  Ernie Smith - Key card - Wild Flower - calypso feel ,song about dominoes.

The Mob - Give It To Me - Colossus ---another Jerry Ross production
                  Oscar Toney Jr -Turn On The Love Light - Bell---needs cleaning
                  Family Child - He - Nami---- gospel choir strong soulful male lead 1973
                  Jesse Morrison - Loving You - A Bet ---flutey hammond double header, great.

Sugar Pie (De Santo) and Pee Wee - One Two Lets Rock -Aladdin
                  Shirley and Lee - I Feel Good - Aladdin---loving the winsome female vocal.
                  Lucky Cordell -A Great Day -Halo---gospel,Chicago,needs a clean
                  Smiley Lewis - Someday - Imperial
                  Lonnie Mack - Memphis - Buccaneer
                  The Dubs - Could This Be Magic - Gone

Last edited by relkeel; 05-11-2011, 01:43 PM.
                  record licker

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                    Just returned from my annual Euro dig with Grope.

Visited Wiesbaden, Mainz, Saarbrucken, Metz, Nancy, Dillingen, Frankfurt, Karlsruhe, Pforzheim, Stuttgart and Brussels. (if you want any info on these cities check out Grope's entries on Soulstrut's city guides.)
                    Was the L'incomparable Tita really 6 euro Mark? If so, that's a bargain!

What's with the American Gypsy sleeve? I usually see this one in Europe:
                    it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                    take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Slow start for November, great titles though ...

Sunbirds ST ... Longtime want, great MPS with Klaus Weiss, Funky Kraut Jazz, bit shocked when I saw the latest price on Popsike, I didn't pay something like that

http://youtu.be/NC-3yVhdVSY

Pyrymyd ST ... Great Boogie record, 80's funk

http://youtu.be/RBuqJtaG2Nc
                      http://youtu.be/-rI86EUqKbA

Pheeroan Aklaff Fits Like a Glove ...Another Boogie record from the 80's, great production

Modulations It's Rough Out There ... Great soul record on Buddah, sounds like Curtis at times

http://youtu.be/CDTjDLkk-f0

Buddy Miles All the Faces ... Finally a mint record, the others I found before had problems, soft soul record by Buddy

http://youtu.be/XhbtufEPEKA

Last edited by Kratgraver; 05-11-2011, 12:39 AM.
                      My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Popped along to Spitalfields at lunchtime - had 20 minutes only - so checked out a few 3 for £10 boxes. Came out with:

A spare Paul MacCartneyII (Temporary Secretary); The Burning (classic 80s slasher, with a classic burning cover!) soundtrack by Rick Wakeman, World Of Trumpton - Tick Tock with Brian Cant, and a Paul Nero record I haven't seen before - Pure Bubblegum - more pop medleys that are great fun, especially the opening fanfare!

Steve Ashley - Stroll On, one of my favourite Gull albums, from the guy who sang harmonies on the Collins' Anthems In Eden (spare) - check out this wonderful track Fire & Wine which has a Wolf People cover all over it (please). Another Christmas compilation (double) from A&M - Merry Christmas Darling (their second one) featuring all the classic artists from the label (including Shawn Phillips singing A Christmas Song - bonkers). Bert Kaempfert's 'A Man Could Get Killed' soundtrack - from 1966 - didn't know it - love 'Beddoes Shadows' and 'Down To The Docks'. John Barry's Alice film soundtrack - with a rather nice souvenir programme for the film premiere (I guess?).

Lastly - a copy of John McLeod produced Pickettywitch underrated album with some lovely sunshine pop 'n' folk - stand out track 'Maybe we've been loving too long' (spare)
                        Last edited by pitch; 05-11-2011, 12:43 AM.
                        "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post

Steve Ashley - Stroll On, one of my favourite Gull albums, from the guy who sang harmonies on the Collins' Anthems In Eden (spare) - check out this wonderful track Fire & Wine which has a Wolf People cover all over it (please).

Anne Briggs's original recording is a killer too...
                          We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
                            Anne Briggs's original recording is a killer too...
                            You're not wrong I hadn't heard this before - Steve Ashley's version is certainly heavier! That looks like a rather lovely Anne Briggs album (I don't have any ) - The Time Has Come - is it her best?

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post
                              That looks like a rather lovely Anne Briggs album (I don't have any ) - The Time Has Come - is it her best?
                              They're all good - the Topic one is largely unaccompanied (don't have that one yet), this one and the third LP (unreleased at the time, issued by Bo Weavil in the 90's) are both lovely things.
                              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
                                They're all good - the Topic one is largely unaccompanied (don't have that one yet), this one and the third LP (unreleased at the time, issued by Bo Weavil in the 90's) are both lovely things.
                                Thanks for that - I'll start looking for them...... shouldn't you be playing loud music to kids by now? Friday night, gone 12?

Comment

Working...
                                X