November Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danielandhisorchestra View Post
    I turned up this great little t*ttyshaker/stomper/notsureofgenre a week ago and have been caning it ever since

Kitty White - I'm gonna be a fool next Monday
    Now that is a good un.
    A Sound Awareness

Comment

Picked these up today....

Principal Edwards magic theatre - The asmoto running band (Dandelion)
      Enjoy this as I write...

Roger & Jan - Down to earth (Church missionary society)
      Nice beat/pop Xian action.

The four Kingsmen - Wherever he goes" (Herald)
      See above.
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Pretty decent jazz come-up today

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
          Pretty decent jazz come-up today
          Nice work.

Comment

All real world 'cept one 45 - BIN thanks to Mr Sayers

Lovely copy of a stone classic from a charity

cheers Craig - I prefer this side

Rest of the 45s from a really interesting box of 45s at the boot - wish I'd got to it first

interesting pop psych thing

nice bit of RnR

interesting country soft sike

bit of pop soul

Don't know how to describe this? Countryrocksikepop? Diggin it though

Early bit of Patti

All the these big 'uns from the boot.

Duane Eddy comp for the missus to play in the living room - killer collection though.
            Marcia Griffiths would have been the find of the day if it had been in better nick but it's in usual 70's Trojan car boot LP condition plays not bad though.
            Chess comp for my Daughter.
            Jefferson Airplane is a nice UK original with a bit of a 'previously loved' sleeve - ashamed to say I didn't own this previously - I'm still not all that convinced by it to be honest
            Bob Crewe is a spare - groovy easy stuff!
            Ron Cornelius was picked up due to the love it gets on Waxi - need to spin it again I think - didn't grab me straight off but really liked the first track. Proper downer SSW.
            Jan Akkerman is a spare - mod guitar instro RnB action!
            A Sergio I've never had before - its pretty darn good too!
            Tolonen is swedish prog with some sitar action - quite nice on first listen

Next lot were from a charity and I couldn't resist some old skool VV classics in mint condition - all spare so holler if you need. NYJO gone though I think.

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
              Roger & Jan - Down to earth (Church missionary society)
              Nice beat/pop Xian action.
              Great track dude!
              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
                Great track dude!
                never mind that Nige - show us yer chuff!!

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                  Don't know how to describe this? Countryrocksikepop? Diggin it though

Ron Cornelius was picked up due to the love it gets on Waxi - need to spin it again I think - didn't grab me straight off but really liked the first track. Proper downer SSW.
                  The Harlan County LP gets a lot of love on here Lee.

I got that Ron Cornelius from Steels when I was getting the £1 records. Give it a few more listens (grower) but if you decide to flog it I'm sure you'll have no problem in shifting it.
                  "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                    never mind that Nige - show us yer chuff!!

Will have to be tomorrow Lee. Did a 40 mile bike ride today as opposed to surfing the net all day

Comment

Great track dude!
                      Yeah, Ive had it on a few times tonight, great production, great song.

Comment

Hey Lee them finds aren't that bad mate, I'd be chuffed if I found that lot!

I left a 'Braziliania' today as well as a 'Voodoo party'....

Comment

Will have to be tomorrow Lee. Did a 40 mile bike ride today as opposed to surfing the net all day
                          Your creating some suspense here Nige mate, this chuff better be worth the wait!

Comment

That Two Much track is very nice, thanks for sharing Lee!
                            http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
                            http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
                            http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

Comment

Another mixed bag from me.

Jon Pertwee - Sings Songs for Vulgar Boatmen:

Larry Grayson - What a Gay Day:

Nigel Planer - Neil's Heavy Concept Album:

Jeff and Keith Chegwin - More To Love:

The Downstairs Lounge
                              http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                              http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

So on Saturday at the market I was able to check the leftovers from the collection of jazz/jazz funk/easy that the dealer nabbed from the skip guy the previous weekend. Did overhear one record guy saying he'd got 30 or 40 records the previous week and some good mod hammonds amongest them Lots of records and pretty much all of it easy but very cheesy easy. Stacks of organ LP's I've never seen (even by the likes of Harry Stoneham and Klaus Wunderlich) on private labels but I'm afraid all of them had the look of the Blackpool musichall about them. The few punts I took pretty much sounded as expected and I could have lived without them all.

Electronic Organs Today (Ad Rhythm) A comp which I bought solely for the Hal Vincent track Funky Nashville off the Ad Rhythm Baldwin Soul LP. Good track...makes me want the Baldwin Soul all the more.

Tony Back - Hammond Dance Party (Ad Rhythm) Shame it wasn't Baldwin Soul but not a bad two tracker with the two originals Finger Trouble + Soul Organ 70. I already own it so I think LDBJ is getting this one (soz Craig but I really do owe Lee some records)

Michael's Music - Hammond On Velvet Strings (Polydor COS) Easy tracks with hammond. Fairly syrupy but I've heard worse. All slow numbers and no originals but highlight is probably We've Only Just Begun.

Antonio Ma Mayolas - Martilleando (EDI) All OG tracks and some are nearly there but don't quite make it.

Brian Sharp - Mainly Hammond (Grosvenor) More naff covers and an OK stab at Aquarius but not sure I really need another cover of that song

Otto Weiss - At It Again (Joy) Crap medley's but one was titled 'Rock Beat Potpourrie' so I had foolish hopes but no surprise that it's pony.

Brian Hazelby - Sounds Good (Hollick & Taylor) Like the Brian Sharp LP....ie naff covers and end of the pier organ noodling. Not a bad take on 2001:A Space Odyssey but again lacking the funk and do I need yet another cover.

Soul Flutes: Trust In Me (A&M/CTI) Couldn't leave this I guess and stellar jazz guys on the LP. Not something I'd put on the deck often but quite a nice gentle listen if you're in the mood.

Comment

Working...
                                X