No announcement yet.

November Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got a copy of that 'Electronic Organs Today' somewhere Nige mate, I'lll have to dig it out.

Your finds aren't that bad by the way....
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Few finds from last couple of weeks.

First time I've seen any of these. At 10p a go I didn't bother to check the records and got home to find Play Away has another copy of Bang On A Drum in it.
      Bang On A Drum - Comp (BBC)
      Play Away - Comp (BBC)
      Happy Monsters - Comp (Happy House)

The Ultravox are Ebay purchases and Serge is a trade with Willy-Fogg (cheers mate).
      Ultravox! - Ultravox! (Island). Great album.
      Ultravox! - Ha! Ha! Ha! (Island)
      Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire de Melody Nelson (LITA). Genius stuff.

This lot and the next ones were from a vintage fair £1/record but the guy did me the seven I picked up for a fiver.
      The Rolling Stones - Big Hits (Decca)
      Funky Junction - Tribute to Deep Purple (SGA)
      Tangerine Dream - Cyclone (Virgin). Never had any of theirs before and not sure this is for me.

Kris Kristofferson - Border Lord (Monument). Aware this one gets a lot of love here so going to give it a go.
      Labi Siffre - S/T (Pye)
      Walker Brothers - Portrait (Philips)
      Pharoah Sanders - Karma (Impulse). Sleeveless and not even sure a good clean will rescue it but it was effectively free so worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Melter View Post
        Few finds from last couple of weeks.

First time I've seen any of these. At 10p a go I didn't bother to check the records and got home to find Play Away has another copy of Bang On A Drum in it.
        Bang On A Drum - Comp (BBC)
        Play Away - Comp (BBC)
        Happy Monsters - Comp (Happy House)
        Always good, love both LP's

Comment

from the street

Going home I found those from a seller specialized normally in books.
          I have the pretentious to know well the Balkanton's products, but this is the first time I see this:

Strange record - they try to do "Novi" but on really rural way. Absolutely rare - 150 copies for this group "Haskovo"
          The same for this but more kitsch - the band of "Bulgarian Popular Army: Silver Stars":

And GREAT insert

For you Iain Gunther Fisher:

"Pas mal" - Mimi Ivanova and Start:

Few good 45:

Elektra from Amiga really good!

Demo copy - never see demo on the East records before ?

The Songwriters Workshop - Maggie Britton

CSNY on mono Balkanton - I have few spares copies - if someone needs
          The first 45 of Alla Pugatchova - if someone needs...
          The Merrymen and Beau Dommage

And if someone loves ost this one:

Allmost 20 minutes "Filmmusik" of Hans Posegga - 1966 - "Es" and "Schonzeit Fur Fuchse"

The others 45 are on the same style... but I don't love sps and eps.
          Last edited by gogo; 10-11-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Snatched up these two bits on the way home.
            Herbie Mann should be well-known here - lovely latin jazz arr by Oliver Nelson.
            Gotta love those Euro PC rap 7"s.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post

Roger & Jan - Down to earth (Church missionary society)
              Nice beat/pop Xian action.
              Nice track indeed - as featured on my 2010 swap CD

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                Nice track indeed - as featured on my 2010 swap CD
                I knew you were a fan mate.
                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

The latest Lps I bought

from top left to bottom right

Paolo Ferrara - "Ritmico" Flower LEW 0051 (197x)
                  Piero Umiliani - "Polinesia" Omicron LPS 0028 (1975)
                  Piero Piccioni - "Colpo rovente" OST Easy tempo reissue
                  Armando Trovajoli - "Seven gold men" OST United artists records UAR 5193 (1969)
                  Armando Trovajoli - "Softly" Japan RCA Italiana reissue
                  I Marc 4 - "New sound N°2" Nelson GLP 1013
                  Orlando Kimber / John Keliehor - "East meets West" Bruton Music BRR 18 (1984)
                  Le streghe - "L'iniziazione" Spaghetti 44041 (1978)
                  Franco Potenza - "Musica per parole, lezioni e ritmi di dattilografia - metodo Olivetti lettera 22" " RCA (1959)
                  Last edited by quidtum; 11-11-2011, 08:35 AM.
                  divovano

Comment

The Cocktail Cabinet - Puppet On A String / Breathalyser (Page One) 45

Today picked up a grimey copy of this vg+ classic that cleaned up nicely (washing up liquid, not pva)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqO1ZG-HiLQ
                    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Great fun single - i've been hoping to find a cheap copy for yonks but never seen one outside of a record fair.
                      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                        Great fun single - i've been hoping to find a cheap copy for yonks but never seen one outside of a record fair.
                        Bit surprised myself to find it in an well known chazza emporium that routinely overprices for the miserly sum of 99p
                        It did need a good clean though
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• I did warn that it had been a busy month... A few more from November, I have found quite a few elusive singles this month.

First off, a bizarre football record that I never knew existed. I thought Scotland plumbed the depths with Rod Stewart and Del Amitri but no! Here is the Jocks' 1982 World Cup Final anthem, The Krankies - We're Going to Spain:

The single that inspired the album Nigel Planer - Hole in my Shoe:

Angus Deayton and Phillip Pope get their hair dryers out for Hee Bee Gee Bees - Meaningless Songs (in Very High Voices):

Featuring Bruce 'Iron Maiden' Dickinson Mr Bean and Smear Campaign - (I Want to Be) Elected:

Roy Hudd - Roy Hudd's Very Own Music Hall:

Mike Berry - Memories:

Anita Harris - Loving You:

Two Ronnies - Volume 4:

Kenny Cantor - Try These On For Fun:

Monty Python - Teach Yourself Heath:

Brown Sauce - I Wanna Be A Winner:

The Downstairs Lounge
                          http://downstairslounge.wordpress.com/
                          http://soundcloud.com/agnes-guano/

Comment

• I hope it's OK to update my November miss - the copy of Bejart I found and then tossed back without giving it a proper hearing as discussed on page 1.

anyway, as I said it then disappeared from the section I'd been looking in, but undetered I returned today to scour all the other bargain bins in case it'd been misfiled.

So, after 90 mins..nothing but dirty fingertips. Just in case I had a look in non-bargain soundtrack bins - and lo, there it was, bold as brass and all dressed up in a plastic sleeve with a $45 price tag on it.

Eh? It'd been $3 last I looked. is that even legal? sheesh.

Still, to cheer me up, I stumbled across a nice copy of Gene Pitney's She's a Heartbreaker. Kind of appropo I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGBollard
                              I got a signed copy of this LP from Manchester Vinyl Exchange for £1:49 in 2002 (marked down from £2:99). I remember this album sold so few copies that back in my late teens me and a friend/fellow collector would debate whether it actually existed as the only evidence we had was a mention on the inside gatefold of some "Now" type album. Of course now such knowledge is only a couple of clicks away, but then...

Incidentally I remember said friend eventually finding the CD reissue in Manchester HMV Megastore meaning I didn't have to buy a copy for myself just to prove a point. Maybe I should have done.

This looks interesting. Never seen it before.
                              Neil's Infamous Album always hard to find as you said....

The Monty Python Flexi was originally a magazine giveaway or with some copies of the previous album!

Comment

• I seem to remember "Neil" performing "Hole in my Shoe" on The Young Ones.
                                https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Working...
                                X