Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November Finds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LDJB View Post


    A long time coming and it weren't cheap but it was worth every penny - a sublime 45

    i'm very very jealous lee!

    maybe my most wanted 45 as well...
    Last edited by effi_deep; 14-11-2011, 09:20 PM.
    Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

    Comment


    • I went out on Saturday to buy some milk & came back with one of these from the local junk shop. And very nice it is too.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Tom B View Post
        I went out on Saturday to buy some milk & came back with one of these from the local junk shop. And very nice it is too.

        what is it tom? looks intrigueing...
        Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tom B View Post
          I went out on Saturday to buy some milk & came back with one of these from the local junk shop. And very nice it is too.

          Wow! Superb record and a great find!
          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by effi_deep View Post
            what is it tom? looks intrigueing...
            I am the Cosmos

            You and your sister

            A Jakarta Jive favourite I believe

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tom B View Post
              I went out on Saturday to buy some milk & came back with one of these from the local junk shop. And very nice it is too.



              I've loved the Ryko Chris Bell CD for many many years - never happened upon a copy of this - isn't this the only thing released at the time?

              Amazing 45 - well done sir!
              We know when a mate buys it for you too.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by effi_deep View Post

                i'm very very jealous lee!

                maybe my most wanted 45 as well...
                That Pawnshop is indeed elusive and fab... had my eye on one earlier in the year but couldn't justify the £££... might save up my santa claus tokens and treat myself in the new year if another one comes along - good stuff man!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by john stapleton View Post
                  I've loved the Ryko Chris Bell CD for many many years - never happened upon a copy of this
                  I remember first time I went to that shop in London in the late 80s which was split down the middle (Standout?) and seeing the Chris Bell 45 on the wall. Being an excitable youngster I spluttered "how much is it?" to be told £50. Thoroughly deflated, I turned round to see ANOTHER copy on the OTHER wall. "Wow, how much is YOUR Chris Bell single?" £50. Ah, happy days...

                  Didn't know the 45 was re-issued a couple of years back... still love the Ryko CD.
                  Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

                  Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

                  Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                    I went out on Saturday to buy some milk & came back with one of these from the local junk shop. And very nice it is too.

                    junk shop?!
                    fuck- mad...a 45 that will stay with me always - 2 immense sides of anguish stained pop perfection - nice one Tom
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
                      I remember first time I went to that shop in London in the late 80s which was split down the middle (Standout?) and seeing the Chris Bell 45 on the wall. Being an excitable youngster I spluttered "how much is it?" to be told £50. Thoroughly deflated, I turned round to see ANOTHER copy on the OTHER wall. "Wow, how much is YOUR Chris Bell single?" £50. Ah, happy days...

                      Didn't know the 45 was re-issued a couple of years back... still love the Ryko CD.
                      i had a similar thing happen to me...i did pay what seemed like a shit load in the end but it's well worth it...and not sure if the label did release anything else - maybe H.Cow can shed some light
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                        I am the Cosmos

                        You and your sister

                        A Jakarta Jive favourite I believe
                        wonderful! thanks tom.
                        i knew the a-side for some reason.
                        no idea where from. probably a swap mix or so...or hugh somewhere on the board.
                        anyway...on the wantlist it goes
                        Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

                        Comment


                        • from the local chazzer this morning:



                          great French comp with lots of early tunes



                          without the sleeve but no matter - it's straight in the outpile...

                          Comment


                          • Not the cleanest copy in the world, but nonetheless...



                            You're holding me down


                            Last edited by john stapleton; 15-11-2011, 01:18 AM.
                            We know when a mate buys it for you too.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bud Peyote View Post

                              I seem to remember a clip from the show where the song was played. Maybe it was the video.
                              Yeah, me too. Neil in his room Hmmm...
                              https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by flytipper View Post
                                i had a similar thing happen to me...i did pay what seemed like a shit load in the end but it's well worth it...and not sure if the label did release anything else - maybe H.Cow can shed some light
                                There's a rather fine Chris Stamey of the dB's 45 on that label too - I'm looking for a copy in a half arsed way (i.e. I won't pay more than £10 he he)

                                Will have to do some investigation to find out what the first 5 releases were.

                                CAR

                                The Chris Bell is one of my favourite 45s ever - can't believe it turned up in a North London junkshop. luckily I have a copy or I'd be sick with envy.

                                Nice one Tom.

                                www.45cat.com
                                http://www.45worlds.com/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X