Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sie's Chandni Chowk Experience - The Return (Delhi, February 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sie's Chandni Chowk Experience - The Return (Delhi, February 2012)

Back from Delhi, had a good wander around Chandni Chowk and Meera Bazaar and made a couple of new contacts. Hopefully you saw the pictures in the Day To Day Diggin' thread.

I woke early this morning (thanks jet lag!) and so made a start cleaning the 32 records I bought back with me. Clean the sleeve best you can with a wet wipe and repair as necessary. Clean the record on the Okki and then replace the inner sleeve (if there was one) with a new one. I had a quick listen to each album as I went along and I'm really pleased that there is at least one good track on each LP - apart from one which was a 100 rupee punt so that's not a problem. Took almost 5 hours to clean them all properly...

So here you go, take a peep I'll add some more info later, recommended tracks etc.

Cheers,
    Sie.

Last edited by Sie Vulture; 19-02-2012, 05:46 PM.
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Oh and I emptied out the Okki when I'd finished...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post

Hell !
      nice selection - i know very little about Bolly stuff - how about a top 10 / guide / introduction to some not so pricey sounds...recognise a few from your post but never really dipped my toe into the [dirty!] waters
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

"Essence of India"

well dirty

new SPOKE release: >>> SEE HERE <<< RKM LIBRARY BEATS

Comment

The Purab Aur Pachim album is the wrong album to pick up..! There's a double album issue that features the grooviness that the cover suggests, but I completely forgot that fact when I picked this up in the Meera Bazaar.

This would be forgiveable if Saint Jude hadn't reminded me of this fact but 3 days before I departed for Delhi. Schoolboy error.

D'oh.

Comment

Yeah... know too little about this. As you can see in the finds thread I recently picked up my frist Bolly og and the rest I have is just 3-4 comps and a reisuue of Shalimar...

So... how about you write up reviews for all of the above... and since these records appear to be quite patchy - preferably on a song by song basis?

Can you have it finished by tomorrow it would be great as I work the late shift, and things sometimes get slow in the evening I could use something to read....
            "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
            and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
              Can you have it finished by tomorrow it would be great as I work the late shift, and things sometimes get slow in the evening I could use something to read....
              Actually, I'll be in Copenhagen tomorrow, Sweden on Tuesday... What you say I pop round with my dissertation and put it in your hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                how about a top 10 / guide / introduction to some not so pricey sounds...
                That's not a bad idea Mr N, I reckon that'll go on the list for the things to add onto the new site content.

Comment

Not that I'm up on my Bollywood either but that's the first sleeve I've ever seen with 'shock' a naked lady on. I wonder if it was considered OK as long as it wasn't an Indian actress?
                  "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Great!

Work again?

Unforutnately - like said I work late shift these days. Other wise we could have met for a beer. Will you have time to do some record digging and need pointers? Because I kinda guess the Sweden bit will be in the south when combined with Copenhagen...

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                      Will you have time to do some record digging and need pointers? Because I kinda guess the Sweden bit will be in the south when combined with Copenhagen...
                      You guessed correct, but unfortunately I will not have any free time. Fly home after work Tuesday evening

Comment

that looks a rather pleasant haul si, & some intriguing listening due
                        any photos of the chowk itself? it's been 12 years since i was last there, & love to see how it's changed..
                        records-wise, you've got some good grooves there
                        collecting records taught me everything i never needed to know

soundtracks from collaborative projects :cool:

Comment

You guessed correct, but unfortunately I will not have any free time. Fly home after work Tuesday evening
                          Crappy.... even if you would've worked until after shops closed I could've tried to hook you up with a local dealer who is quite happy to keep the shop open at odd hours for "special customers" if he isn't busy doing anything else.

Made him keep open for Jim on a Monday (which he's normally closed) when he was here for example.

Comment

Hi Des, thanks for the words - the only pics I took were the ones added to the Day To Day Diggin' thread. There's a link above...

Personally, I doubt that part of Delhi has changed much in a decade. Just got busier.

Comment

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
                              Not that I'm up on my Bollywood either but that's the first sleeve I've ever seen with 'shock' a naked lady on. I wonder if it was considered OK as long as it wasn't an Indian actress?
                              phwor!

it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
                              take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Working...
                              X