Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sie's Chandni Chowk Experience - The Return (Delhi, February 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got that - you got it too H..? It's not that great, all electronic cheese...
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

So here's at least a fun game. Imagine I found all of the above somewhere and only had money to buy 5

Which ones would I - with my little knowledeg - pick up and why?

Geeta Mera Nam - think I recognize the title so it could be because it's been mentioned as good somewhere, just can't remember any details but I'd still take a chance.

Jani Dushman - looks a bit like it could be a horror movie of some kind? So maybe moody moog sounds and weird electronics? Also - recoginxe Laxmikant Pyarelal from comps and the OG I bought last week.

Puraub Aur Pachhim - looks trippy in a 60s mod/au gogo style.

Shalimar - obviously. Like mentioned I have the reissue so I know it's good.

Yadon Ki Baaraat - looks like action, know RD Burman from comps and Shalimar.

So - how much crap would I come home with? And how much killer records would I have left behind?
      "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
      and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
        So here's at least a fun game. Imagine I found all of the above somewhere and only had money to buy 5

Which ones would I - with my little knowledeg - pick up and why?

Geeta Mera Nam - think I recognize the title so it could be because it's been mentioned as good somewhere, just can't remember any details but I'd still take a chance.

Jani Dushman - looks a bit like it could be a horror movie of some kind? So maybe moody moog sounds and weird electronics? Also - recoginxe Laxmikant Pyarelal from comps and the OG I bought last week.

Puraub Aur Pachhim - looks trippy in a 60s mod/au gogo style.

Shalimar - obviously. Like mentioned I have the reissue so I know it's good.

Yadon Ki Baaraat - looks like action, know RD Burman from comps and Shalimar.

So - how much crap would I come home with? And how much killer records would I have left behind?
        Two good ones out of five
        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
          phwor!
          Ha ha...phwor indeed!
          Last edited by Sie Vulture; 19-02-2012, 07:08 PM. Reason: made the quote work
          "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Jude View Post
            Two good ones out of five
            Yup. Two...

(the last two on your list - both essential)
            If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
              Yup. Two...
              That's why we need a guide to this shit....

Comment

Sorry for got to mention, the copies of Deewaar and Zehreela Insaan are both pressings by Triumph Records of Malaysia, so Bolly fans may not recognise the album covers. Who would have thought these OST's were released in Malaysia too...

Deewaar is an essential purchase. As with Purim Aur Pachhim, there is a potential obstacle that you have to avoid. But, when you get the right verion of the LP, this awaits you. I think this track is bloody brilliant.

Ursula - I Am Falling In Love

( by the way, it doesn't end how it starts.. )

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                  the only pics I took were the ones added to the Day To Day Diggin' thread. There's a link above...
                  i saw!! ))))))

you're right si. it's one of the oldest (& most vibrant) parts of the city..

doubtless we'll reminisce when we next meet.

byker groove?
                  collecting records taught me everything i never needed to know

soundtracks from collaborative projects :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                    Hell !
                    nice selection - i know very little about Bolly stuff - how about a top 10 / guide / introduction to some not so pricey sounds...recognise a few from your post but never really dipped my toe into the [dirty!] waters
                    How about checking the two Fringe Download Swaps and Sie's entries there? All great stuff!
                    I know quite a lot of tunes from here and there, but have no idea what movies they come from (apart from a bunch of classics) and what the covers look like. Very annoying. Not that I come across many bolly's over here anyway.
                    http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
                    http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
                    http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

Comment

So... how's the one with the bass player who looks like an Indian version of supremely awful Swedish "comedian" Krister:

?

Comment

Killer haul Sie - very jealous. You always seem to come back with equal measures of my firm favourites and ones i've been looking for for ages...

How's that ZEHREELA INSAAN? I've been idly looking for one, but can't remember why
                        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Quick question aimed mainly at Sie V but equally applicable to others on this thread:

With this type of gear do you take blind punts or do you go with a specific list of wants?
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

As a Bolly-enthusiast I grab anything i've seen for buttons in carboots/charity shops (as i'm sure we all would)... but they are few and far between and mostly boring (although grabbed a few disco-bangers a couple of months ago).
                            Mostly it's buying a stuff cheap from Indian ebay sellers i know and trust and adding a few punts to the order to make use of postage. Lame, i know - one day I may manage a Sie-style Delhi-record-raid.
                            Last edited by pencilface; 21-02-2012, 09:20 PM.
                            Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

As I'm reliant on what I see out and about, I know very little about Billy stuff but I would second the recommendations of Sie's mixes. One of the few good ones I've stumbled across is the Ek Baar Phir that Sie found. It's got one storming track, plus an instrumental version.
                              Mixes, compilations and the like

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                                Quick question aimed mainly at Sie V but equally applicable to others on this thread:

With this type of gear do you take blind punts or do you go with a specific list of wants?
                                I usually watch the movies first...

Comment

Working...
                                X