Ohr Balloons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohr Balloons

I crossed "Floh de Cologne-Fliesbandsbabys beatshow" of my wantslist today. It made me realize that the first run of Ohr LPs all used the same Babydoll for the coverartwork and had a Balloon attached.
    Anyone ever seen one?

All the Wolpertingers

just checked my "fliessbandbaby" lp and there doesn't seem to be a an opening for a balloon in the cover.
    had the opal lp without the balloon, former owner must have removed it very carefully though as there wasn't any sign of it ever being touched.

but no, never seen a copy with the actual balloon.
    Autobahn vas ein Monster: here she is, mit 7 others

Comment

anyone ever tried to actually attach a balloon to the lp and sell it for double the price?

Comment

Yes I am thinking about starting a career as a balloon bootlegger.
        I am sorry to inform you that your floh de cologne is a second press.
        It should have a little lash where the red lips are printed on the inside. If you want to save yourself 50 ChF use a knife instead.

See there it is. in the upper right corner.
        All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by Cacapo View Post
          I am sorry to inform you that your floh de cologne is a second press.
          done. threw it out the window!

Comment

But seriously, balloons dont get that old do they? That one in the picture up there can't be real? 40 years? Come on!
            All the Wolpertingers

Comment

its interesting but doesn't really answer your question... hmmm

Comment

My research led me to this. If I ever find an Ohr balloon I will send it to him.
                All the Wolpertingers

Comment

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to tell a first press Ohr lp after they stopped doing the balloons? The Crack in the Cosmic Egg book mentions there are quite a few variations but fails to mentioned them apart from the reissues on zyx and pop import in the 80s.
                  http://soundcloud.com/anthroprophh

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKPROF View Post
                    I was just wondering if anyone knew how to tell a first press Ohr lp after they stopped doing the balloons? The Crack in the Cosmic Egg book mentions there are quite a few variations but fails to mentioned them apart from the reissues on zyx and pop import in the 80s.
                    even within the balloon first pressings are first and second pressings, sometimes. i've found a site once with a good list of matrixes and all but can't remember it.

Comment

Working...
                    X