October Finds 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October Finds 2012

G'wan then, I'll kick it off with yesterday's £1 boot fair finds...

The Animated Egg - S/T. Long term want nailed. Will be hopping back and forth from Astro Sounds to compare...

Grandmixer D.St - Cuts It Up. 30 year old hip hop from outer space.
    Screaming Lord Sutch - Alive And Well. 1980 rock/horror schtick from the chief Monster Raving Looney, with Pat Travers providing guitar widdling.
    Bee Gees - 1st. Those red lines are the electrical tape holding the sleeve together. Oh well.
    The Rezillos - Mission Accomplished. Some punky fun.

The New Sounds Dance Orchestra - Modern Ballroom Dances. What can I say, it has Jerry Allen arrangements and a version of Sump'n Else, but there's no organ, and it's as terrible as the cover suggests.
    Ray Miranda Orchestra - Latin Ole. Easy Latin numbers, but nothing special.
    Jona Lewie - Heart Skips Beat. Guess truckloads of this should have sold off the back on the strength of Stop The Cavalry, but first copy I've seen. This is really excellent and engaging eccentric pop, he seems to have just fallen off the radar after this, which is a real shame.
    Phil Manzanera - Primitive Guitars. Interesting guitar textures.

Clive Sarstedt - S/T. Peter's brother, also known as Robin. Need to play this rock-ish album again, but sounds like there are some interesting arrangements and ideas here, not sure it quite jells though.
    Rhodesia Safari On Sound. Great cheesy travelogue voiceover, with a variety of library type backing music and safari sound FX. Not got to the "Wankie Game Park" track yet...
    Blue Magic - Thirteen Blue Magic Lane. Soft soul including "Born On Halloween" with wolf and witch effects... right time of year for it.
    Chi Lites - Letter To Myself.

Boris Midney - Music From The Empire Strikes Back. Disco versions, surprisingly good inventive arrangements. If you ever wanted to hear a funky version of Darth Vader's theme, it's here.
    Last edited by Sonovox; 01-10-2012, 03:48 PM. Reason: Phil, not Ray! D'oh!

Originally posted by petehipwell View Post
    £1 boot fair finds...
    Whoa! noice!

Ray Manzanera - Primitive Guitars. Interesting guitar textures.
    Doors meets Roxy?

Boris Midney - Music From The Empire Strikes Back. Disco versions, surprisingly good inventive arrangements. If you ever wanted to hear a funky version of Darth Vader's theme, it's here.[/QUOTE]

I want ...
    https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
    https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
    https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
      Doors meets Roxy?
      Oops, fixed that!

Comment

UK Animated Egg for a quid is a score!!! Nicely done sir.
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by Plainstone View Post
          I want ...

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
            UK Animated Egg for a quid is a score!!! Nicely done sir.
            Was about the say the same!

Personally paid lots more for Animated Egg and still haven't gotten around to playing it back to back with The Black Diamonds - Fire Music too see if they are exactly the same recordings under different name,
            "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
            and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
              Was about the say the same!

Personally paid lots more for Animated Egg and still haven't gotten around to playing it back to back with The Black Diamonds - Fire Music too see if they are exactly the same recordings under different name,
              Exactly the same songs just different names - cheeky buggers!
              "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

I miss my Animated Egg! great find indeed.

On my way back from Leicester today a Cheshire charirty yielded this
                It's a little poorly, but plays

+
                You can't take a stocking offa bare leg

Comment

Originally posted by BoneyVotel View Post
                  On my way back from Leicester today a Cheshire charirty yielded this
                  It's a little poorly, but plays
                  Limbus - I might do that run weekly if those are the scores on the doors - high number even if it looks a little poorly..!
                  "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Crikey - Cheshire kraut raer Mark - cap is doffed mate.
                    "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Thought i'd share these with you all, as seen on that Pye late night listening LP, but smaller.

Scary lady come kill you soon....or her puppet will anyway.

I haven't forgotten this is a record finds thread. Highlight of last week 45 wise. Some other nice stuff with it.
                      -
                      You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever,
                      but you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by peter sundae View Post

Scary lady come kill you soon....or her puppet will anyway.
                        Which one is Marcy?
                        some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

I know for a fact that Daddy Ya Ya likes looking at old business card from a former Island rep who came in couple of months back, the rest of you as you were
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                            Which one is Marcy?

We are all one in the eyes of god. Repent or Marcy will find you. Look how tired her mummy is from digging holes in the garden at night times.
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by peter sundae View Post
                              We are all one in the eyes of god. Repent or Marcy will find you. Look how tired her mummy is from digging holes in the garden at night times.
                              Which one is the Stepford Wife?
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                              X