No announcement yet.

Utrecht 2012 - the finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff there John, that 'The January Tyme - First Time From Memphis' Looks mighty interesting.

What no singles this year!?
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
      Great stuff there John, that 'The January Tyme - First Time From Memphis' Looks mighty interesting.

What no singles this year!?
      The January Tyme would be right up your street Craig...

Have to agree - poor show on 45s - I did get one other via Andy D - nice Mike Berry - need to follow you and Lee round next year... I think you pair and Fuzz were hoovering up the 45 action well before I got there
      "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
        Units - Digital Stimulation (415 Records) - Early SF New Wave band - can't recommend this or the 45 off the LP "Warm Moving Bodies" enough
        Great - I loved 'i-night' from Hayes' swap CD - this is more of that self-same good stuff I presume?
        Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by eine View Post
          this is more of that self-same good stuff I presume?
          It is - At same time as last years WFMU fair Anthology Film Archives did a series of film screenings to go with the book "Radical Light: Alternative Film and Video in the San Francisco Bay Area" - It featured two of the Units training films from the era - well with checking - Brad Saunders & Rachel Webber were in attendance... fantastic night... no live set, but great to see the people in person with an outlook not a million miles from the period...

That SF period has a nice cross over between film/video and music...

Comment

great thread chaps, thanks for all the pics and amazing write ups.

Comment

!

Thought I'd trainspotteringly point out that the Units 45s aren't exactly 'from the LP' - they're alternate takes.

Great LP though.

I also love the 39 Clocks - their first two longplayers are storming!

Rather puts my pair of keepers from this weekend's Bristol fair to shame!

Although both were cheap post punkers - the Some Bizarre Album and a cheap copy of the Grauzone LP, which I was surprised got a UK pressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Viva Chiba View Post
                Thought I'd trainspotteringly point out that the Units 45s aren't exactly 'from the LP' - they're alternate takes.
                Top spot fella... I didn't want to say anything as I'd like a second copy of the 45 as cheap as the first one

The video/film mix is different too - I need to correct myself - the screening for the Units films were in April last year and not in October at Anthology Film Archive - I kind of forgot what things happened at the same time... still the "Radical Light" book is a must...

The 39 Clocks second LP is on my list... The 45 of DNS was a score and a half... There is a comp on vinyl (for anyone interested) of "Hannover" post-punk 45s a la the theme of "Nuggets" from the region - well worth checking

I'd well pleases with a Some Bizzare comp (mine looks like it was DJ'ed by an elephant and hot rocked by cheech and chong ) and the Grauzone LP... Swiss press of the later would be a treat... good thing at moment is this stuff seems to go quite cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                  Osmium - decent price for a near perfect copy....and from a very nice UK dealer!!!
                  Yeah, I also met one very nice UK dealer

Great find that Osmium. I've never actually seen one for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post

Cane And Able – S/T (Epic) I bought two wall records (Yankee Dollar) and this but 30 Euro seemed a really good deal on a mint copy. Saw loads of copies and even a couple exceed a 100 Euro just to give you an idea of the extremes at the fair. Good soulpsych I guess in the Norman Whitfield vein.
                    Love that Cane and Able album! I got mine cheap as well, but indeed saw it hanging on walls for +100 €.

So good score I'd think

Comment

Working...
                    X