December Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December Finds

Scooped up these reggae 12s in a junk shop all in top nick (barring storage dust). The Pablo Gad on FORM is the pick here.Almost a hip hop beat on this ,it isn't until the 'chicka chicka' style guitar riff kicks in that it becomes recognizably reggae.

Lou Rawls has a great mod/rnb/northern (delete as applicable) uptempo b side.Axlerod production.

Crisp sunny Saturday mornings and cheap 45s,can't beat it eh? Rough rider on the flip.

Transgender soft psyche garage?? Laughingly on Northern dealer lists (my a*se).

Preferred side to 'porcupine'.

Trade with a mate for this one ,high octane crossover,love it.
    Last edited by relkeel; 01-12-2012, 01:53 PM.
    record licker

Dear mr. flea market hustler. Please note you don't work in an exclusive boutique, you stand at a FLEA MARKET selling used records. So please adjust your prices and your attitude accordingly. That scratched and moldy soul record isn't worth 40 Euros just because it's on a label you haven't seen before. And stop trying to sign language your customers the prices while coordinating your grocery shopping on the phone. GTFOOHWTB!

Comment

Very happy indeed with my one and only purchase this morning from the market -

The Jarvis Street revue - Mr oil man (Columbia)
      Not sure what a sealed copy of this raer Canadian psych gem is doing in the north east.

Last edited by mr sayers; 01-12-2012, 06:59 PM.
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

^^^Whilst I'm not so happy...ha ha!

Sounded superb Craig....very jealous.
        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

I'm also jealous Nige mate...Your find sounded ace too!

Comment

Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
            ^^^Whilst I'm not so happy...ha ha!

Sounded superb Craig....very jealous.
            Mad find !!
            Rockwell
            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post

Not sure what a sealed copy of this raer Canadian psych gem is doing in the north east.

new one on me! bloody elalso im on the first train to newcastle to prize it from your cold......nice one craig!
              ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
                new one on me! bloody elalso im on the first train to newcastle to prize it from your cold......nice one craig!
                It was a new one on me too Phil mate!
                Last edited by mr sayers; 01-12-2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I've known it for quite some time and I'm VERY jealous!!

Nice score mate
                  "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Thanks man...

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                    I've known it for quite some time and I'm VERY jealous!!

Nice score mate
                    If it's any consolation I was VERY jealous of 'Maze - Armageddon' find a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post

Haha thats bizarre... how did that end up in Chester-le-street?

Baffling! I actually bought this and Marble Phrogg dodgy looking reissue CDs off Vern at the market many years back!!!

Did you pay big bucks for it mate?
                      Last edited by enrico chiesa; 02-12-2012, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Struggled to get the hands working at the car boot this morning. Found these three in a box of mainly classical stuff. Music from warmer climes to warm the cockles.

Gilberto Gil - Luar
                        From 1981. This is, I think, my first ever Brazilian press LP. Nice and minty. Album is dedicated to the memory of John Lennon. Has a nice lyric booklet, although not much use to me as I don't speak Protuguese. Side 1 has had a play, very nice (especially for a cold Sunday morning) although nothing to really get the heart racing.

Andres Batista - Guitarra Flamenca
                        I do like a bit of Flamenco guitar and this album doesn't disappoint. Some good variations of arrangement, especially on side 1. Great full deep sound on a Parlophone Mono release (the next release after Sgt Pepper I have just discovered after consulting a Parlophone discog). This copy started life in the BBC Gramophone Library according to the stamp on the back cover. Very happy with this.

Don Hilo & His Sounds Of The Islands - The Romantic Magic Of Hawaii
                        Well, I'm a sucker for the surreptitious nipple (possibly an unfortunate choice of words there! )
                        Last edited by candiman; 02-12-2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

And I'll just add that this one would have been mine if the dealer hadn't decided for the first time ever to ring Mr Sayers to see if he was interested in the LP. Not that I begrudge my best pal...ha ha!

This combined with not chasing up a Genesis - From Genesis To Revelation (stereo) with insert for £100 (and now bought by a dealer) means I had a thoroughly depressing vinyl experience this weekend.
                          "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

[QUOTE=candiman;504201]Struggled to get the hands working at the car boot this morning. Found these three in a box of mainly classical stuff. Music from warmer climes to warm the cockles.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8065/8...acbf3dc8_m.jpg

I'm still struggling to get the hang of the piccie thing. I managed it the other day, but can't remember how now! If I try to upload the jpg with manage attachments it keeps giving me an error. so i just pasted the url into the text and thought that would work. Confused now.

Comment

[QUOTE=candiman;504203]
                              Originally posted by candiman View Post
                              Struggled to get the hands working at the car boot this morning. Found these three in a box of mainly classical stuff. Music from warmer climes to warm the cockles.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8065/8...acbf3dc8_m.jpg

I'm still struggling to get the hang of the piccie thing. I managed it the other day, but can't remember how now! If I try to upload the jpg with manage attachments it keeps giving me an error. so i just pasted the url into the text and thought that would work. Confused now.
                              Best way is to save the pic to Photobucket or equivalent, then post the url of the link between the tags generated by the 'insert image' tool (third from the right over the reply box)
                              Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Working...
                              X