• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• february finds 2013

time to start this month,s thread with these couple from a local chazza

crunch-let,s do it again-uk youngblood 1974 junk shop glam stomper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETouoZfaW2w

van shipley-express 707-india angel/dum dum 1968 instrumental film scores,havent played this yet,dunno if any good

------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Found one of these yesterday

Last edited by RobLilley; 03-02-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post

crunch-let,s do it again-uk youngblood 1974 junk shop glam stomper

One of my very favourite glam 45s that. What a thumper!
      Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Part of the haul from another 100 yen sale at Disk Union ... plenty of Jazz and soundtracks this time.

OK Jazz - Merveilles du Passe 1961. French comp of early singles
        Osmosis - Osmosis. RCA Victor, 1970. Jpn promo of Charlie Mariano-led Acid Rock project.
        John Scott - Inseminoid OST. Citadel 1981. Synthy horror bizniss
        Various - WKQX Hometown Album. WKQX-1, 1977. Chicago radio station comp
        The Real Sounds - Harare. ZML 1015, 19?? Kenyan press.
        Georges Delerue - The Borgias: The Music from the BBC TV Series. BBC Records REP 428, 1981.
        Georges Delerue - An Almost Perfect Affair OST. Varese Sarabande STV 81132, 1980. Monica Vitti.
        Vladimir Cosma - L’As des As OST. Disques Carrere 67 929, 1982. Belmondo
        John Coltrane - Coltrane Jazz/ My Favorite Things. Nihon Victor MJ-7005~6. Jpn press of Atlantic two LP compendium bound in jacket with insert.
        Elmer Bernstein - Walk on the Wild Side OST. Choreo A/AS-4
        James Last Sampler. Polydor 7 inch gatefold.
        Micheal Prophet - Economical Crisis/ Vivian Jackson (Yabby You) Version. Jamaican 7.
        Sly & the Family Stone - Greatest Hits. Epic PE 30325, 1980s. Repress (barcode) of 1970 comp.
        Mundell Lowe et al - Satan in High Heels OST. Charlie Parker Records PLP-406, 1961. w/Clark Terry, Oliver Nelson.
        Thelonius Monk - Himself. Victor/ Milestone SMJ-6053. Jpn press of Riverside RLP 12-235, 1974.
        Jackie Mclean - New Wine in Old Bottles. East Wind EW-8057, 1978. W/Ron Carter, Hank Jones, Tony Williams.
        https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
        http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
        https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
        https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

Went to my local fair today and picked up the following:

Tina Britt - Blue All the Way - Spare copy of the funky soul LP. Sadly this copy does not come with the added sticke that my copy I found in Rotterdam had on the front cover!

Dusko Goykovich - Swinging Macedonia - Long time euro want that I can finally cross off of the list! Beautiful jazz!

Thought it was time I upped my Sun Ra game.

What other Ra releases do you guys consider as essential. Nothing too out there please!!

As well as these I have Angels and Demons, Space is the Place, Nubians.

What else do I need?

Comment

Dusko Goykovich - was this a bargain punt?
            don't tell me it was a cheap box !!!
            Nice pull sir - never had a sniff ....
            Rockwell
            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Not in the cheap box but a good price I think for an LP, like you, I've not had a sniff of in the wild!

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                Not in the cheap box but a good price I think for an LP, like you, I've not had a sniff of in the wild!
                Lovely
                Rockwell
                Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Thought it was time I upped my Sun Ra game.
                  Bad news.

That 45 isn't by that Sun Ra.
                  www.45cat.com
                  http://www.45worlds.com/

Comment

Originally posted by highland cow View Post
                    Bad news.

Awesome.
                    some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by highland cow View Post
                      Bad news.

Someone on waxi told me earlier!

It's the British Sun Ra!!

Comment

Slim pickings from the weekend.

Best sellers from uni part (British Layland)
                        Always pick up stuff like this when I see it, was hoping it would sound like the Volkswagen transporter one, unfortunately its lame!

Rufus Thomas - Crown prince of dance (Stax)
                        Well known funky soul, Ive got a feeling I already own a copy!

The 18th century concepts - in a 20th century bag (Sidewalk)
                        Always good to find a US explioto LP in a charity shop, odd ball covers of 'Eleanor Rigby' and 'Reach out I'll be there" etc.
                        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

What other Ra releases do you guys consider as essential. Nothing too out there please!!

As well as these I have Angels and Demons, Space is the Place, Nubians.
                          I'm don't know how any of these Sun Ra records sound except having a fair idea about Space is the Place because I have some memories from when I saw the movie. I'm just poking him a little bit with stick myself so far, with such an extensive output and so many phases and excursions in various sounds it's quite a task to become familiar with him. That said - I don't know how far you consider too far out to be, but the two most acciesible records (and I really like them) I've encountered are

Cosmos:

Lanquidity:
                          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

If you're dipping your toe into Sun Ra, I think the best place to start is A Joyful Noise documentary. It's probably on Youtube in full, but worth getting on DVD if it's cheap. Features my favourite period Sun Ra tunes performed live with interviews with band members and locals when they lived in Chicago. It's a real converter, especially the John Gilmore part.
                            MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Mainly from the generous 50p boxes of Mr Muench. Will review them properly after i've given them a good blast tomorrow.
                              MUSHRUMPS Daily party-prog MP3 blog

Comment

Working...
                              X