X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by candiman View Post
    etc

Wild, fair, or letterbox could I ask?
    McCoy was from yesterdays carboot out of a pound box. The rest are a mix of market/carboot.
    record licker

Comment

Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
      oh yes thats the fellow,comes up with some interesting bits eh!
      evening gents.

Comment

Nice selection of 45s there Relkeel! What's that Clansmen one like? Certainly looks the part. I love that Mekons 45 - proper DIY punk builder.
        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by petehipwell View Post
          copy of Hare Rama Hare Krishna with Dum Maro Dum... the only one I recognized in the lot (I am no Bollywood expert).

I'm reading Jeet Thayil's Bombay junkie novel Narcopolis at the moment, and there's a whole chapter named after this tune.
          Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
            Got a spare of this lesser spotted Vulture classic from the market this morning -

Love it, never heard it before, now how to get it out of my head.
            My Mixcloud

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
              Nice selection of 45s there Relkeel! What's that Clansmen one like? Certainly looks the part. I love that Mekons 45 - proper DIY punk builder.
              Here you go mate, believe it originates from Singapore,was only fifty pees from the carboot. Had the Mekons on this morning brilliant intro.

The Clansmen.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW3LCly78yg
              record licker

Comment

Originally posted by Moogaloo View Post
                It's catchy isn't it, the LP is much easier to turn up.
                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                  Got a spare of this lesser spotted Vulture classic from the market this morning -

Just found a copy in a charity this afternoon !
                  "Cover condition:Is perfect except on back cover theres an area of dirty smudge dont know what it is and covers a bit wrinkled which im sure could be flattened out"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6018553&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy Ya Ya View Post
                    Just found a copy in a charity this afternoon !
                    Result mate.
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by Carlitos View Post
                      Is that Balsara and his Singing Sitar?
                      Probably the same fella, but on the EP it's more like Balsara and His Scary Stylophone.

Comment

Originally posted by Moogaloo View Post
                        You can have my lp when I get the 45 off Craig. Free and gratis likes.
                        "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Was in Berlin last weekend to DJ, didn't visit that many shops but got home with a few nice records:

Neoton was from Da Capo on Kastanienallee, right next to where I was staying. Great funky progpopsike on the title track.
                          Das Unsichtbare Visier was a tip-off, and later a gift, from one of the guys booking me. Great 1979 drama funk and disco braekz, Tentakel is probably the best track.

Kati Kovacs, nice to have on the 45, Puhdys is a nice funky prog doublesider. Both from Da Capo as well.
                          Adriano Celentano funker, from a crazy shop in the western parts (not Platten-Pedro) with records stacked everywhere:

None of the Selected Sounds or the other librarys looked very interesting, listened to one called 'folk with beat' or something like it with Okko Bekker on it but... nah.
                          I spent two hours in there and didn't feel like I had even begun to scratch the surface. I found some alright records but when he wanted 5 euro for every 45 it didn't feel worth it, and I didn't have enough cash on me anyway, so only left with the Celentano.

Before that I was at Spacehall and bought some house stuff:

New-ish apart from the reissue of Larry Heard's Disco D. Sex Tags Mania/DJ Sotofett leftfield dubbed out disco weirdness, Young Marco & Co is a couple of years old but amazing, deep yet slamming, Steve Summers is also fantastic, best I've heard from him.

And some 45s from before I went:

Papoose was a tip from a friend, great funky tribal-y prog that would go well with yamasuki's and ani-kuni... Ennio Morricone in a trade with Pencilface, thanks!
                          Last copy I saw and bought of Dave Cartwrights stupid folkfunk/popsike mod fave turned up in two pieces due to imbecille packing, finally a new copy. Still need to upgrade conditionwise though! Burano was posted in the great proto-disco thread, great moog freakout funk that turned up in a local shop for a decent price, along with Abaco Dream.
                          http://soundcloud.com/teaspoonsweden
                          http://www.mixcloud.com/SebastianFSorrow/
                          http://soundcloud.com/seb-f-sorrow

Comment

great looking finds there seb - particularly fond of that Das Unsichtbare Visier. Tried to find a copy for a bit a few years back and then it dropped off my searches – until about two minutes ago.
                            Back and to the left... back and to the left... back and to the left

Comment

Originally posted by jahshabby View Post
                              great looking finds there seb - particularly fond of that Das Unsichtbare Visier. Tried to find a copy for a bit a few years back and then it dropped off my searches – until about two minutes ago.
                              Gotta say it really didn't do much for me .. that "tentacle" tune can be ad on a pretty cheap 45 too.

Those shop pics look amazing - would love a visit there. I love shops that seem like an insurmountable task, loads more fun than '30 mins and you've seen everything' type places.
                              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                                Gotta say it really didn't do much for me .. that "tentacle" tune can be ad on a pretty cheap 45 too
                                So is it a soundtrack 45 then? I was going to buy the LP in Berlin last year for 25 euro but I was unsure of the all-round quality and without a deck in the shop I left it to remain dormant.

Comment

Working...
                                X