X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March finds 2013

Quite happy with my finds from the market this morning -

Bar-kays - Soul finger (Atco)
    Hammond classic, only took me 20 years to find a copy!

The Four King Cousin's - Introducing (Capitol)
    Chuffed to bits finding a minty copy of this great harmony pop LP, nearly bit the bullet a couple of times online. Finding three lovely black and white promo foto's inside was a nice surprise!

Mongo Santamaria - Mongomania (CBS)
    Not had it on yet but I'm pretty sure what it will sound like!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

@Craig - Four King Cousin - top score and with pics... been on the list a while... never seen a top copy at a decent price...

Bob Martin - Midwest Farm Disaster (RCA) - Can't remember who did the big-ups on this at the end of last year - pleased to get a copy by post yesterday... fantastic LP...

"It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Nice finds there mate - 2 great LPs that I know and 1 that I don't but would like to! Love 'Knucklehead' and 'Theme from Hells Angels' on the Bar-Kays. Can I bagsie a spare promo pic to frame?

I post up the week's finds later - I wouldn't hold yer breath!
      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
        Can I bagsie a spare promo pic to frame?
        Yeah, you sure can Lee mate, I'm giving the other one to Sie-Fly as I know he owns the LP.

Comment

Thanks John.

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post
          @Craig - Four King Cousin - top score and with pics... been on the list a while... never seen a top copy at a decent price...

Bob Martin - Midwest Farm Disaster (RCA) - Can't remember who did the big-ups on this at the end of last year - pleased to get a copy by post yesterday... fantastic LP...

I was buzzing, it looks unplayed!

No idea what your find is but it looks mighty interesting.

Comment

Cheers very much matey - well done Craigie - nice pulls
            Rockwell
            Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by MPFlapp View Post

I've mentioned this one a few times now and dearly love the whole LP.
              I know Tom B also has one and has spoken well of it too.
              To infinity - and beyond!

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
                I know Tom B also has one and has spoken well of it too.
                Absolutely - how can a record with that cover not be brilliant?

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                  Quite happy with my finds from the market this morning -

Very jealous of the Four Kings LP - been on my mental wants list for a long time - wow
                  Last edited by Sie Vulture; 03-03-2013, 08:32 AM.
                  "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

I made a house call this afternoon and found a couple of very nice bits.

Origin Unknown - Valley Of The Shadows - Ram

It's always safe to have a spare almost mint copy.

I can not begin to explain how essential this tune is ........ (well, at least in my opinion)

Citadel Of Kaos EP part III - Boombastic Plastic

Early A-sides production. Nice and mellow.

Bay B Kane - Guardians Of Ruff EP - Whitehouse

4 tracker, containing the track Rhythm '93. I was looking for this track for quite some time, but never knew what is was. Today I found out!

Only about 7 or 8 euro, that was also nice to hear.

Bagga Worries & Jooxie Nice - Legalize (Quiet Storm Remixes) - Labello Blanco

Lovely 10". Ragga vocals, amen drums. That's how we like 'em.

Skoffin Allsorts - Defcon 1 EP - PM recordings

1992 hardcore, sounded ok but not listened to properly yet.

Ekude - Don't Be Affraid/L's Theme - Boogie Times

Not super, but not really bad either. Mainly bought because it's on Boogie Times.
                    Other 12"'s by Ekude are better in my opinion.

Blapps Posse - Don't Hold Back '91 - Tribal Bass

The flipside is the track to check: Bus It (It's time to get b'zy).
                    Proper hardcore and in a nice picture sleeve!

Ray Keith vs David Rodigan - Murder - White label
                    Standard Ray Keith production from 2005 aimed at the dancefloor. Heavy drums and deep bass.
                    The thing with Ray Keith's tracks seems to be that you either hate them or like them. I love them.
                    Also bought because I never get tired of hearing the "Out in the streets they call it murder" sample.

And last but not least the find of the day:

X Project - Jah Calling/Sunshine - X project/Dubplate1

Congo Natty related, both sides black label.
                    This 10" was on my want list for a very long time, but I was never able to find a copy (outbid, already sold, misplaced, crazy price etc.....)
                    I spotted a 10" Music House sleeve on my way out and asked what it was. The seller didn't know it and put in on the turntable.
                    Within a second I heard it was Dubplate1, but couldn't believe he had this on a actual dubplate. As it turned out it wasn't a dubplate but a vinyl 10", but housed in a extremely nice Music House sleeve. I have never seen such a sleeve. It's in a rough condition, almost looks battered, but plays good enough for me. Not that I was going to leave without it ......

All in all a very good afternoon. I can buy stuff like this all day and still enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by djvw View Post
                      I made a house call this afternoon and found a couple of very nice bits.

Origin Unknown - Valley Of The Shadows - Ram

X Project - Jah Calling/Sunshine - X project/Dubplate1
                      Love that Origin Unknown - think I have doubles too... I don't know that dubplate you've found, but you seem well happy and it's always good to read about a plusser crossing a massive want of their list. So well done..!

Originally posted by djvw View Post
                      All in all a very good afternoon. I can buy stuff like this all day and still enjoy it.
                      Me too. I always pick up D&B 12"s if they are in decent nick. Look out for the Truper 10"s for me, I've been after those bastards for a decade-plus but refuse to pay top whack. Keep me in mind..
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by jakartajive View Post
                        Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                        Absolutely - how can a record with that cover not be brilliant?
                        I think may may have been both of you in the same "Today I've been listening to" thread - fantastic LP musically - top set of songs that are "land-folk-country" with tickle of ye olde Gibby Haynes dry humour - the tip was more than appreciated.
                        "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                          Me too. I always pick up D&B 12"s if they are in decent nick. Look out for the Truper 10"s for me, I've been after those bastards for a decade-plus but refuse to pay top whack. Keep me in mind..
                          I will, but those 10"s almost never show up.

I think the best change you have is finding a pile of cheap white labels (e.g. in a shop, not on Discogs) and remembering to look for SVDL07, SVDL08 and VDL 9.

Maybe someone could try Bukem?

Edit:

It seems I'm completely wrong.

Just read on Discogs that the number of pressed white labels of the Truper 10"s is 10 copies each, followed by 250 full release copies.

Hmmm .... back to the drawingboard

Comment

Quick trip to Mr Sundae's excellent Second Scene, a whirl around the charities (for the net sum of one LP), PO and a rubbish EH record fair has brought me:

LPs

Nice folk Rocky LP from Carolanne Pegg - I've learnt from the interweb that she was a member of Mr Fox. Really nice LP - puts me in mind of prime Pentangle.

Nice cheap copy of the Hollies Evolution - second issue I think though - it's not as psych as the sleeve suggests but it IS a great mid 60's pop lp! If anyone needs my US copy give me a shout.
                            Lovely blue label Stax copy of Albert Kings classic made with the MGs in tow. Crosscut Saw
                            Early funky Kool and the Gang on a UK Mojo issue - Electric Frog Love the Life You Live etc....
                            Spare of Los Puntos - bit of a one tracker I thought but upon revisiting I find it's a two tracker - Ya te has ido is my fave but En Otra Tierra is pretty good too - give me a shout if you fancy it.
                            Rejoice - S/T - lovely UK copy of this slightlydelic LP with the wrecking crew all over it. Great version of 'High Flying Bird' amongst others.

45s

Spooky skinhead reggae!

A gap filler - great tune!

Nice 2 sider from a great horn rock LP

Another shameful gap filled

Spare of this great popsiker - spoken for though.

Waxi approved xian psychy rock 45

8 track Mirage Man 'mini LP'

UKing up this doomy psych classic

One track wins out on this EP

whilst Polnareff delivers the splendid 'Beatnik' on this one

and always nice to get back to the original

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Killing it as usual Lee mate.

Wish I knew you wanted that Kool and the gang, I left a minty copy at the Newcastle record fair the other week.

Comment

Working...
                              X