April Finds 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LDJB View Post
    I missed this post - sorry - yes you can have it (and the Eurythmics if you want) - pm me your address.
    Just sent a PM, thank you much appreciated sir!!
    Let me know what I owe you P+P wise and ill send that...

Comment

• Originally posted by d7bohs View Post

You know when you find one really good record amid a pile of crap and you've no idea how it got there because there's nothing remotely similar in there?

In one of those *charity* shops where you've never heard of the charity and you suspect that the only beneficiary is behind the counter......

Wow, amazing!
      http://thejazzkid.tumblr.com

Comment

• Originally posted by d7bohs View Post

You know when you find one really good record amid a pile of crap and you've no idea how it got there because there's nothing remotely similar in there?

In one of those *charity* shops where you've never heard of the charity and you suspect that the only beneficiary is behind the counter......
        I wish I could say that happens to me all the time - but it doesn't happen often enough!
        It looks fantastic - give us a quick review
        And I love your gold brocaide table cloth
        "Record collecting is no mere hobby, no innocuous leisurely diversion. It is a feverish passion bordering on dementia, driving those under the influence to irrational, compulsive, fanatical extremes."

Night of the Living Vinyl

Comment

• Originally posted by Expiry2011 View Post
          I wish I could say that happens to me all the time - but it doesn't happen often enough!
          It looks fantastic - give us a quick review
          And I love your gold brocaide table cloth
          It's my couch actually - but now I want a matching tablecloth. There's record collector psychology in a nutshell: the slightest suggestion and you're off wanting stuff.

It's a lovely little record - slightly anaemically recorded compared to US stuff from the same time, but really highlights Gryce's compositions as compositions rather than as blowing vehicles.
          Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

• Went a bit overboard at the local booter yesterday and scored this lot

Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

• nice coming up on a bit of jazz like that.

Comment

• oops just realised that went into the April finds. Silly me! Mods where you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                  nice coming up on a bit of jazz like that.
                  yeah still grinning.

in fact they were a lovely old couple. Told me about their dad who used to run a record shoppe back in the day. They got my email so hopefully I can go over and check the rest out over a cup of tea and stories of their dads vinyl empire.

Comment

• Appreciate the little journey-by-DJ round your house too

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Um View Post
                      Appreciate the little journey-by-DJ round your house too
                      had fun doing that

Comment

Working...
                      X