August 2013 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 2013 Finds

I've not been turning up much in the wilds of late so it was nice to get a call from one of the car boot grippers to go through a large collection of records he'd had in - so I took some time off work and had a look. The added bonus was that everything (with one exception) was a quid or less

First up a few LPs.

Nice Reggae comp - some proper skinhead tunes on it. A brace of early 80s De Wolfes - a bit electro for me but I thought somebody will want them - the Simon Park one has a rip off of the 'Knight Rider' theme tune The Katie Lee is a gift for Fuz and his wall of odd. The Silk was the sole PO box arrival.

..but the visit was all about the 45s for me

Selected highlights

This was the only one which wasn't a quid but it was vastly less than the going rate

loving it!

cover of the Grassroots / Rokes tune

some minty reggae

..talking of the Grassroots tune

don't know this but the needle drop on the B sounded good

A later release from Oz band the La-De-Das I think - nice version anyway

I like John Fred and this is a good uptempo stomper

Minting up on this weird glam version

a bit of gentle

nope - no idea - again the B sounded good on needle drop

Rude reggaesploitation thing

Manc popsike

Plain odd - a Hugh Jakartajive spin I think

Another nice Beatles cover - bit of a warp on this but I'm hoping my decks will be forgiving

Stompy glam / new wave crossover

more oddness

A brace of great Trems Bs

A later Troggs stomper

Roy does fuzz - spare

One of three Herd 45s I picked up

Schroeder related funky thing

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

I like that Continental Uptight Band 'b' side. Had it on a really nice Dutch Radio Veronica comp.
    record licker

Comment

wow,tops find there lee,just had the silk lp thru the door myself,its a great lp,skitso blues,foreign trip....living daylights 45 is a tough one recently,always with him is even tougher,both never turn up,the tremeloes 1st 45 is prob the hardest one out the lot you have there,not worth as much as some of your finds but,still...fuzz
      ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

Found a box full of rarities all one euro each on a small market near my house. Only 10-13 stalls, I go there every year for 10yrs never found a record before.

Rare german prog record ... Zomby Woof ... Magma is well known I think ..

http://youtu.be/3EX1EpVA3_I

A bit rough but very welcome ... and a later JB

A nice CAN record and a Westbound funk classic

Nice Portugees Disco exploitation, cheesy it is.

Nice kraut jazz with sitar ...

http://youtu.be/xpuhSccgnUc

And too much reggae to mention, mostly rare and roots ...

Some Afro

Some Brasil

My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Nice finds..would be interested in those dewolfes if they're going spare mate
          www.raysmith.bz

www.mixcloud.com/COSMICSLOP/

Comment

Originally posted by DRSMITH View Post
            Nice finds..would be interested in those dewolfes if they're going spare mate
            Yes sir. Drop me a pm.

Comment

Some great 45's there Lee , I'm a big fan of the Living Daylights 45 too and am also on the lookout for always with him like smashingcheese says just never comes up!
              i remember when it was all fields round here....

http://www.mixcloud.com/groovywoovy/

Comment

Good work Lee! Some corkers there. I with you on John Fred. Can't go wrong, Up And Down always gets our cats running for cover
                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

That Zomby Woof is nice and not an easy find. I have it on CD. Well done. If you don't like it, and fancy a trade, lemme no.
                  https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

Originally posted by Galtee Mountain Casual View Post
                    Some great 45's there Lee , I'm a big fan of the Living Daylights 45 too and am also on the lookout for always with him like smashingcheese says just never comes up!
                    Great single always loved it since i heard it on the Rubble comps, the US one is easier to turn up...Nice finds as usual Lee mate.
                    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                      Great single always loved it since i heard it on the Rubble comps, the US one is easier to turn up...Nice finds as usual Lee mate.
                      think I have the Rokes version - lovely tune ... nice finds Lee and Cees ...
                      Rockwell
                      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                        think I have the Rokes version - lovely tune ... nice finds Lee and Cees ...
                        I think you gave me a copy too - somebody did So if I have the Rokes, the Grassroots and the Living Daylights do I have any other versions to find?

Comment

Depends how desperate you are really.
                          Steer clear of the Tempest version, can't bring myself to post it.
                          Back in the early 80s (yes, that psych revival!) there were a few versions floating about.

I think you have the versions that matter, so relax
                          Everyone tear down your own little wall
                          That keeps you from being a part of it all
                          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                            I think you gave me a copy too - somebody did So if I have the Rokes, the Grassroots and the Living Daylights do I have any other versions to find?
                            Think the Rokes do two versions, one in Italian and one in English.
                            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Let's live for today has a fascinating story you can read herehttp://www.musicaememoria.com/let_s_...ay_history.htm
                              Honestly, i've heard it first by LOTNC but i wouldn't recommend it
                              Also read some years ago that Sylvie Vartan covered it in french back in the 60's but still haven't found any clue (even if she has a song called "Sha La La")
                              For some reason, I ride for the Slickee Boys version, anachronic (1978) & lovingly weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X