No announcement yet.

August 2013 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again mainly new releases bought this month, but a few used bits - more than the last few months - few from some beer action with Iain in Frankfurt... top day out sir..!

Naz Nomad And The Nightmares – I Had Too Much To Dream (Big Beat) - Bought based on Lee's post from earlier this - Cold Turkey on the flip rooks

Singcircle - Mouth Music (LP) (Hyperion) - Pulses and gurgles - bought for the Denis Smalley track

Voice Of The Seven Woods – The Holy Harbour (Twisted Nerve) - second copy - first had a paper pressed in to one side - cheers Iain

Scott Walker – Scott 3 (Philips) - LP
    alt="Scott Walker – Scott 3 (Philips) - cheers Iain

Hell Preachers Inc. – Supreme Psychedelic Underground (Europa) - minted at last

Muslimgauze – Uzi (Parade Amoureuse) - top percussion

All That The Name Implies - S/T - (ORO/ESP-Disk) - scored at last after being outbid for years $20 well spent - cover looks like been run over by track - record fine

Leonardo Marletta - Percussioni Ed Effetti (Cenacolo) - top percussion and electronics...

Francesco De Masi - Sartana Non Perdona ((Beat Records Company) - Fine bit of western action

S. Montori / G.P. Chiti / L. Romanelli - Original Soundtrack Music From The Following Films : Attenti Ragazzi, Chi Rompe Paga / Paura In Citta' / La Poggia Cancella Ogni Traccia / Sfida Sul Fondo (Beat Records Company) - OST action comp

Stelvio Cipriani - Squadra Volante (Digitmovies) - Gave up on and OG

Ennio Morricone & Bruno Nicolai - Ok Connery (Digitmovies) - Gave up on and OG - top groovy moves

M. Akers – Tough To Kill (Retrograde Tapes/Cylindrical Habitat Modules) - this is a new one - John Carpenter shuffles and moods...
    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• I don't post up finds much but was made up to find these Vera Gray in one of my local chazzas last week amongst a pile of records donated from a primary school's music library (All had stamps on from a school in Stockport).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9647129872/

Comment

• Dutch market in Copenhagen this afternoon put some bread and butter in my cupboard:

Curtis: Roots LP
        Donny: Extension of a man LP
        Herbie: Mwandishi LP
        Les: Talk to the people LP
        Rosetta Hightower LP w Rocking chair
        Shubidua: Rund funk 12" - Danish novelty funk just because

Comment

• Originally posted by treeboy View Post
          Amazing stuff Pitch. Reading the comments following the article was quite moving. Wonder if they got together?
          Thanks very much for that, paints a bit of a picture around the 45.
          Yes, we did get together again and a great reunion it was.

Unfortunately, it was only Brian Webster, Rum Runner Katz and Cinnamon Quill lead guitar, and myself, Ted Lancaster, founder member of The Vacant Lot and Rum Runner Katz bass guitarist, that made it.

Lead guitarist - Vacant Lot, Fred, alias Howard Williams had severe health issues and was prevented, but we still live in high hopes for has eventual arrival.

Brian hung up his guitar in the early seventies but has taken it up again just recently, playing classical Spanish finger-style.

Fred has appeared as a session musician countless times backing top acts on 'Top of the Pops'. He is still gigging but suffered a massive heart attack on stage a short time ago. His son is a major rock drumming coach.

A nostalgic glimpse of the Katz can be seen here;-

http://youtu.be/VPqwhAR5dDg

Comment

Working...
          X