September 2013 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rich Hero View Post
    I think there's a quad press of the LP, as well as stereo.
    Yes - that's the one I have. One of those 'mastered at half speed' audiophile pressings. Released later, 1977 I think...
    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
      Yes - that's the one I have. One of those 'mastered at half speed' audiophile pressings. Released later, 1977 I think...
      I never did manage to get a soundclip of the "other" track on that album which I decided to listen to AFTER selling it. Doh! But I seem to remember a track that sounded "exactly" like Loaded by Primal Scream...
      Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

• "The Seventh Plane"

EDIT: Note to self - why have you put this album in 'out' pile? Dolt!

Comment

• Blimey that's 3 or 4 songs ive got/heard that sound like Loaded now!!!?!

Comment

• Only two this month... blew the budget on the first one - seven year quest end..!

Anal Magic & Rev. Dwight Frizzell ‎– Beyond the Black Crack (Cavern Custom Recordings) – Originally pressed in an edition of 200 copies by Cavern Custom in 1976 with a set of inserts, finding a mint copy has been a nightmare. An odd mix of free jazz busts, field recordings and odd sketches it’s not the easiest listen.

Philippe Sarde ‎– Max Et Les Ferrailleurs (Pema) - top sound track to a fantastic film with Michel Piccoli & Romy Schneider - worth checking the trailer

"It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• Anal Magic

!

Dare one ask what you paid??
              "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
              and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Originally posted by wipers View Post
                Went down to Kent this weekend for my brothers wedding. Had no luck in Broadstairs charity shops (and couldn't believe the price has gone from 20p to 1.25 in the Pilgrims Hospice but the stock is still absolutely terrible!).

Canterbury was good however. From Canterbury Rock I got

Ed Rush & Nico - Technology 12"
                Ed Rush & Nico - Sector 3 12"

no luck in the charity shops (not even Oxfam).

From Third Eyes I got

Cognac - How High 12"
                Hank Mobley & His All-Stars - S/T LP (70s Stereo issue)
                James Brown - Reality LP (US original)

nothing over a fiver (in fact I spent £18 all together).
                glad to see jims still there at canterbury rock :0) aint been there in ages,also i see you went to see cat weasel at third eye (rod),might see him on sunday,not surpised you got nothing from chazzas in canterbury,gets hit everyday,come back dave radford i say ;0)
                ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
                  glad to see jims still there at canterbury rock :0) aint been there in ages,also i see you went to see cat weasel at third eye (rod),might see him on sunday,not surpised you got nothing from chazzas in canterbury,gets hit everyday,come back dave radford i say ;0)
                  I wish he'd open another shop, I got so much good stuff there when I went to college there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                    Dare one ask what you paid??
                    PM'ed... not as much as you would think... but still a few quid
                    "It's all just one big plastic hassle..." - Psych-Out

Comment

• Originally posted by wipers View Post
                      I wish he'd open another shop, I got so much good stuff there when I went to college there.
                      yes i know,dave is not well at the mo,but he closed shop as the rent was getting to high,sad i know,i used to get some great stuff also in the 90,s,he has just done another gizmo lp,
                      ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
                        yes i know,dave is not well at the mo,but he closed shop as the rent was getting to high,sad i know,i used to get some great stuff also in the 90,s,he has just done another gizmo lp,
                        I heard. I did see him in the George & Dragon not that long ago. Meant to be a new shop opening in Ramsgate soon. New one in Margate was a bit ropey.

Comment

• Spoke to Dave last week and he is ok. He hasnt been turning much stuff up but you just never know what he gets as ive had some of my best finds in his old shop.

Comment

Working...
                          X