Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

November 2013 Finds

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
    vinyl sherpas!
    Great term Andy mate, think I'll be getting some usage out of it in the future!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

    Comment


    • I found yesterday a few nice bits:

      Tippett - Second Symphony (Argo)
      Stravinsky - Pulcinella (Argo)
      Monteverdi - Mass (Argo)

      What a great label Argo is All 3 are clean and cost pence

      Finally got a cheap copy of that Amazonas plays Santana exploito album, it doesn't seem to turn up that often in the wild anymore.
      Also found a decent cha cha album:

      http://www.discogs.com/Carmen-Fernan...elease/2950887

      This one is actually quite good, with some nice flute action.

      Also found "Funny Game, Football" by The Group on the Charisma label. Some Monty Python involvement with Arthur Mullard!
      Further investigation reveals that the 45 taken from the album goes for around the £30 mark

      Agnes, if you are reading, do you know why this is?
      some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

      Comment


      • slim pickings for me this week...


        ace 1979 power pop from belfast. worn sleeve but vinyl is great. a guy with a lot more knowledge than me had already been through the singles boxes but missed this.




        metal. nuff said.




        already got a couple of these on london (from '83) but this is the '76 french issue. vinyl only vg but plays fine after i cleaned it.




        never seen this or the label before, turns out to be the only release documented. mint condition u.k. boogie from '83.
        vocals ain't up to much but the instrumental is a killer. signed as well...to chris, lots of love, cheryl lucas xxx

        Last edited by ivan_smackhead; 28-11-2013, 04:17 PM.
        "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by medlar View Post
          I found yesterday a few nice bits:

          Tippett - Second Symphony (Argo)
          Stravinsky - Pulcinella (Argo)
          Monteverdi - Mass (Argo)

          What a great label Argo is All 3 are clean and cost pence

          Finally got a cheap copy of that Amazonas plays Santana exploito album, it doesn't seem to turn up that often in the wild anymore.
          Also found a decent cha cha album:

          http://www.discogs.com/Carmen-Fernan...elease/2950887

          This one is actually quite good, with some nice flute action.

          Also found "Funny Game, Football" by The Group on the Charisma label. Some Monty Python involvement with Arthur Mullard!
          Further investigation reveals that the 45 taken from the album goes for around the £30 mark

          Agnes, if you are reading, do you know why this is?
          Regarding the "Group" 45

          Think its the Neil Innes / Monty Python Link... not sure £30 is a true value now, lucky to get more than a fiver for a decent copy

          Comment


          • Just popped into an isolated charity shop en route back home and hey presto, a Carol Lee Scott.



            My vulture-classic-ometer is still twitching.

            Comment


            • What is it with Grotbags, I have never seen this LP anywhere.... everyone else seems to own at least 15 copies of it.....

              Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
              Just popped into an isolated charity shop en route back home and hey presto, a Carol Lee Scott.



              My vulture-classic-ometer is still twitching.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RobLilley View Post
                What is it with Grotbags, I have never seen this LP anywhere.... everyone else seems to own at least 15 copies of it.....
                First time I've ever seen it in the wild...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                  First time I've ever seen it in the wild...
                  Looking on Discogs, most copies on there are signed, so if you have an unsigned one its raer!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RobLilley View Post
                    Looking on Discogs, most copies on there are signed, so if you have an unsigned one its raer!!
                    It's signed on the back

                    Comment


                    • Went to look at a collection for work today which was bonkers - Mike Taylor Trio, Human Beast, Neil Ardley etc.

                      Quite a mental evening!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by wipers View Post
                        Went to look at a collection for work today which was bonkers - Mike Taylor Trio, Human Beast, Neil Ardley etc.

                        Quite a mental evening!
                        tease.

                        we want proof.

                        what'd you buy?

                        and is there a phone number you can share

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                          tease.

                          we want proof.

                          what'd you buy?

                          and is there a phone number you can share
                          Nothing for me as of yet - but the Mike Taylor LP is very tempting. 2 Bread, Love & Dreams LPs in there too!

                          You could always try xxxxx xxxxxxx
                          Last edited by alanmck; 29-11-2013, 12:23 AM. Reason: prob not a good idea on a public forum...

                          Comment


                          • You wrote the xxxxx xxxxxxxx down first didn't you Alan?
                            "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

                            www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by pitch View Post
                              You wrote the xxxxx xxxxxxxx down first didn't you Alan?
                              no.

                              might have typed it though.

                              Comment


                              • Haha it wasn't a real number - it was a sausage help line!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X