• Show
Clear All

Some of my favorite finds from Tokyo:
    http://thejazzkid.tumblr.com

Comment

All from the market at the weekend...

LP's

The Flames - Soulfire!! (Rave)
      Blue eyed soul, with a splash sitar, and the odd hippy move...With this being the highlight -

Chris Montez - The more I see you (A&M)
      Bought it for the version of 'Spooky', which actually delivers, decent version -

45's

The Equals - Skies above (Parlophone)
      Very happy to land a copy for cheap...well known round these parts -

Los Brincos - Mejor/I try to find (Novola)
      Decent beaty pop B side.

Joe Damiano - Un solo amore (Blue bell)
      Crap 50p punt, going back to the wilds!

Zelio - Che importa/Io credevo (Sunset)
      See above!
      "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Equals is not a UK then Craig ? Been after that Flames for ages ... not that pricey is it ?
        Rockwell
        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
          Equals is not a UK then Craig ? Been after that Flames for ages ... not that pricey is it ?
          Equals is South African Sie mate, the dealer got a few bits in from there including the Flames, I paid £7 for it, seems to go for around a tenner. Need to find the first Flames LP now, a local dealer has had a copy sitting in his box for a good year now, but it's rough.
          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

I like that Flames LP. Great version of 'If you Think You're Groovy' and that long sitar led one on it is good too. Rutles bloke was in the band eh?
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Just a sealed spare of this Axelrod nugget:

Hej Jan! Don't be shy, register and start sharing finds
              LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Originally posted by Blast kid View Post
                Nice purchases Have that Black Fairy, but still look for the Dee Dee....
                "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blast kid View Post

... congrats on finding a copy with obi intact, the 2-3 copies I saw for sale in Tokyo earlier this year didn't have the much-loved little strip...

Great album..!
                  If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
                    Just a sealed spare of this Axelrod nugget:
                    Another great album. A sealed OG... jeez that's like 35 year-old air you were breathing in when you bust that seal...
                    If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I've not posted much up of late for a few reasons - found nowt, spending freeze until Utrecht and been on me hols! Anyways here's a wee roundup

Large platters

I got the Rationals free...that's right right - free - when I bought a Kinks LP of a friendly local dealer pal - great psych soul LP!
                      Betty Everett LP was v cheap and I love Betty Everett.
                      Blades of Grass - soft sike with a nice edge to it.
                      Dino, Desi & Billy - Lee Hazelwood at the controls and a couple of cool covers and an orig drum led track.

The aforementioned Kinks LP - that's me all UK'd up now up to 'Percy' - great LP!
                      Hal Mooney has a great groovy exotica track on it.
                      Merchants of Dream - these dudes had heard the Beatles and no mistake! Nice pop psych LP with some fuzz.

small ones

Bargain copy of this mod dancer

A Sayers tip off (one of three on here - thanks mate). Nice fuzzy version!

A trade with the Fuzster.

Jericho is almost on a glam tip and the cover of Liar Liar is superb!

...3 weeks 'til Utrecht!!
                      "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Day off work led to me checking out my local dealer and some charities.

Local dealer: 22 Disco 12" for the princely sum of £15

Tom Tom Club - Wordy Rappinghood
                        Kiss - You Were Made For Lovin Me
                        Garys Gang - Keep on Dancin
                        Newcleus - Jam On Revenge

Kurtis Blow - Christmas Rappin
                        Betty Wright - Cant remember now but bloody fast
                        Galaxy - Hey Senorita (other side is better)
                        West Side Mob - Breakdance

Charity shops

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post

The Jazzy Dee is a new one to me - really good tune...

It was on this comp from 1983:

Boy George knew my father

Comment

Quieter weekend thankfully on the buying front. I did buy 5 x 180g mojo crust LP's earlier in the week for good prices which have gone to Discogs.

Open Road - Windy Daze (Greenwich Gramophone Company) Google tells me these were the guys who backed Donovan on the Open Road period LP. Some nice tracks and although nothing ever quite rocks out I like the overall sound on the LP. This is probably the highlight...

Mose Allison - Western Man (Atlantic) The dealer had a lot of Allison LP's. These were from the auctions I mentioned a fortnight ago. I only seriously considered Western Man and Hello There Universe as the others would be too jazzy for me. In the end just got Western Man cos it has some quirky electronic keyboard moments.

Marjorie McCoy - The Other Side (Capitol)Great slow funky version of The Thrill Is Gone which unfortunately isn't on youtube. I see it got a 45 release....probably the best way to own it.

Blossom Dearie - Sings (Daffodil) I love Blossom's voice. I'm Shadowing You is a lovely tune. Years ago I went online and bought a copy of this for $20 from the States. This was rather cheaper from the market on Sat! My loss is Sayers gain

Denis Lopez Liquid Latin - Cinnamon Rock (Pye) Always nice to find a VV/VG+ record. I also paid more for this a few years ago....Mr Sayers scores again. If you were a real mate you'd let me have that Flames LP
                            "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                              I got the Rationals free...that's right right - free - when I bought a Kinks LP of a friendly local dealer pal - great psych soul LP!

The aforementioned Kinks LP - that's me all UK'd up now up to 'Percy' - great LP!

Merchants of Dream - these dudes had heard the Beatles and no mistake! Nice pop psych LP with some fuzz.
                              Result on the Rationals Lee. Those Edinburgh dealers seem very generous!

Nice one on the Kinks. Still missing one....my hunt for a spanking Arthur continues.

Kinda goes all over the place that Merchants LP doesn't it. The last track with fuzz is the most structured tune on there.
                              "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Hit another Dutch sale at 9 in the morning before work. Got a few treats...

Lollipops: s/t LP - rare Danish psych rock, incl. the beat-heavy Naked when you come
                                Edgar Broughton Band: Sing brother sing LP - on Harvest, looks like both groovy psych and lame blues, has titles like Aphrodite and Psychopath
                                Salloom, Sinclair and the mother bear: s/t LP - on Cadet Concept, looks interesting, hope it's a little like Rotary Connection

EDITED
                                LOST SOUNDTRACKS Mixtape

HOLDBAR HIP HOP Podcast

BUSYBODY FILMS

Comment

Working...
                                X