November 2013 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mang View Post
    Is this not Vangarde/Kluger - the people behind The Yamasukis and, er, Ottawan?
    It is - I would never have made that connection. I salute you!

Comment

Originally posted by Headless mermaid View Post
      No, this was Helligåndshuset, a church used for social/commercial functions where they have a record and book sale every 2-3 months.

You're probably thinking about Beat-Bop owned by Merciful Fate-member Michael Denner. Often they don't have that many BG+ friendly treats.

No, it was the Accord chain storefront or whatever they use to liquidate stuff. I guess it would always have to be super difficult to find nice records there. Helligåndskirken: cool, I need to go to the next one.

Comment

Both from the charities today...

Judy Mckenzie - Judy (Key)
        Pleased to pick up a spare of the classic funky Xian LP -

(Shame 'New song' isn't on Youtube!)

Andre Crouch & The Disciples - Keep on singin' (Myrrh)
        I wasn't going to buy this, then I thought what the heck, wish I didn't get it as it's sh*te like the other LP of his I've got. Did he do anything worthy?
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post

Andre Crouch & The Disciples - Keep on singin' (Myrrh)
          Did he do anything worthy?
          Not really as far as I have found, meaning nothing worth paying more than a pound for... although he does get all happy clappy gospel on yo ass with this one, with even a bit of fuzz guitar and a wee vocal breakdown...

In ((( VISUAL ))) Stereo

Eclectic Mud

Comment

Thanks for that Fuz mate, if that's close as they get I think I'll give them a miss in the future!
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Crouch galore here - all ready for land fill - think I even have a solo album by him to ...
              Rockwell
              Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Great ,great and great.

Dave Van Ronk is new to me and will be hanging around for further appraisal, Afghanistan is a Lyrichord OG Tibet is a Okora reissue.

Some lovely clean 45s

This 12" is a super catchy stepper circa 1990 took a punt on it ,liked it so much I went back and snagged a second copy

record licker

Comment

Also, nearly forgot, pick of the bunch actually two lovely sides.
                  record licker

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                    Great ,great and great.
                    blimey cubed on the Mark Murphy record and it was a double album already.

and a nice array of 45s too.

stay home and offline this weekend, eh, give some other people a go.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmck View Post
                      blimey cubed on the Mark Murphy record and it was a double album already.

and a nice array of 45s too.

stay home and offline this weekend, eh, give some other people a go.
                      Well I'm working 13 hours tomorrow and eight on Sunday so that's me out of the game for a couple of days! Though a new record shop has opened* just five minutes from my office so come tomorrow lunchtime...
                      Also bought a collection of that new fangled stuff this week Spacemen 3 Cardiacs Nick Cave Dinosaur Jr blah blah blah and a stack of nice reggae 45s.

*more of which soon.
                      record licker

Comment

I was first to find the box at the garage sale for once… $2 a pop

To be traded for something I want very soon!

Comment

Originally posted by danielandhisorchestra View Post
                          I was first to find the box at the garage sale for once… $2 a pop

To be traded for something I want very soon!
                          Who are these "Beatles"? Are they any good?

Comment

found this obscure flexi disc today,its quite good i think

http://smashingreader.com/Urban_Bowerbird_s55927

qantas air cargo "kangaroo hop" australia? red flexi disc gatefold pic sleeve,cant find out much really,the other side is mainly spoken word
                            ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

Some of the better arrivals this month -

Golden Crusaders - I'm In Love With You

St. Andrews Charities EP - beat groups the Roosters, the Black Ring and 20th Century Sounds
                              New Horizon - Xian pop, piano led

Head - Blackpool Cool, love the last song 'Kick Me Quick'

Bill Fulton - solo jazz/blues guitar instrumentals

Picked a few more bits and pieces but haven't had time to give them a proper listen yet

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                                Also, nearly forgot, pick of the bunch actually two lovely sides.
                                Tune! I spent a while a while sourcing a cheap-enough copy after hearing it on one of Nick Cope's swap CDs.
                                http://www.mixcloud.com/garethhayes/
                                http://www.mixcloud.com/BangShangALang/
                                https://www.facebook.com/groups/197897397221/

Comment

Working...
                                X