Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom B View Post
    Nice find. Shame the 45 cuts out before the groovy denouement
    Oh, we just go acapella in my house to finish it off as it it was the album. How the time flies.

Comment

• Thanks for the info on the Kosmos guys. The art reminded me somewhat of the art on the Sepi Kuu album. Funny that they would turn out to be Finnish.
      https://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
        Also pleased to find:

Chico Hamilton - Sweet Smell Of Success EP.
        Excellent cover - not seen an EP of the OST before.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirSlim View Post
          Excellent cover - not seen an EP of the OST before.
          I got one! Tis good
          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Chuffed to get this from my local record shop this morning...

Also picked up a very nice Southern Library ("Jazz/Beat/Bossa Nova") - really strong set, one of the best of the Southern LPs I've heard, mainly Johnny Scott compositions and plenty of lovely flute-led tracks. None on Youtube as far as I could tell, although "Cutey Walk" seems to have been comped on one of them "Dimensions In Sound" albums...
            Drastically reduced to 72p

Comment

• Originally posted by nebkins View Post
              The Klaus Wunderlichs were in a batch of 6 in one charity shop. Only took the clean ones but they are a bit naff apart from the intro of one track - Na Na Hey Hey. Is there any particular ones to look for as he released a ridiculous amount of albums.
              I don't think there's anything consistently great, just the odd track here and there.

I have it trimmed down to Super Star Gala, which has a hammond-tastic 'Eloise' on it, plus these 4, which are all in the Stinking Bishop league of cheese:

Sound 2000 and Uraltedelschnulzensynthesizergags are moogy ones with a couple of moments. Hammond Goes Opera sits nicely next to my copy of Ros At The Opera. And Sudamericana 3 has great takes on 'Besame Mucho' and 'Brazil'.

Comment

• Been meaning to look through this guys records for over a year,
                this week we finally got it on, came away with 40 pieces, not my sort of thing* (Raincoats and the third track on PJ Harvey excepted). but the kids love it Nice cup of tea as well Kerri cheers.
                * I mean that in a collecting sense, I mean we can't all be KTel man.

Robert Wyatt hot stamper, Stereo, Youngster.

Warpage, Autechre and Aphex Twin.

Local NWOBHM limited 250 run.

Two pre loved Blue Notes, both lovely records a deep groove and 80s RE respectively

When you don't buy online shit like this takes forever to turn up, but worth the wait.

Stockhausen on OU* Armenie (Ocora) and Silk and Bamboo Music of East China.

Odd little Euro Buddah 45 I prefer the B side Special One Face (ahem)

* God bless Harold Wilson, social mobility indeed.
                record licker

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonovox View Post
                  I don't think there's anything consistently great, just the odd track here and there.

I have it trimmed down to Super Star Gala, which has a hammond-tastic 'Eloise' on it, plus these 4, which are all in the Stinking Bishop league of cheese:

Sound 2000 and Uraltedelschnulzensynthesizergags are moogy ones with a couple of moments. Hammond Goes Opera sits nicely next to my copy of Ros At The Opera. And Sudamericana 3 has great takes on 'Besame Mucho' and 'Brazil'.
                  People rate this as his best moment -
                  "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• I dig that Krimoogulous ?? track ...
                    Rockwell
                    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                      I dig that Krimoogulous ?? track ...
                      On the abovementioned Sound 2000

...and here's that Besame Mucho

Comment

• cool version Mr Sayers, hadn't heard that one before.

Freddie Cruger sampled it for Something Good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCiKwp-AS8
                        Last edited by AlanP; 15-11-2013, 01:58 AM. Reason: spllng

Comment

• Diplo also used a bit on AEIOU II Alan mate.
                          "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                            ^ They look great, what are the Asian ones like?
                            I've listened to 1 lp,the 1 on the lower left hand corner is beat rock.

Comment

• *SOLD*
                              Last edited by Quivering Crumpet; 16-12-2013, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                                People rate this as his best moment

the "Chris Waxman" LP on Phase 4 has some good moments too if I remember (uptempo hammond version of "Mas Que Nada"? )

Comment

Working...
                                X