December 2013 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
    Just been to new shop Timebomb Records Hyde Park Corner Leeds 6 to take a few photos and came back with these.
    I've got a feeling I know what would happen if *I* went to a new shop to take some photos...
    Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://m.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine54/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

How's the Derrick Harriot? Always loved that sleeve

Comment

Originally posted by wipers View Post
        How's the Derrick Harriot? Always loved that sleeve
        Yeah it's actually a decent listen,couple of big soul rhythms like 'Shaft' which aren't explicitly titled on the sleeve,the musicians are uncredited and the vinyl is quite pitted (this is the 1991 Jamaican reissue) but musically 7/10.
        record licker

Comment

9 days in Paris

Comment

rex garvin & the mighty cravers - sock it to 'em j.b. (i thought this meant james brown but oooooh no. proper little stomper)

transvolta - disco computer (already have a few of these on 12 and 7 but, what the hell, it was 50p)

the messengers - is it because i'm black (ken boothe on vocals, apparently)

miriam stockley - trakback (a give away to the parcel industry way back when. sounds like the theme tune to a non-existent 80's cop show, in a good way)
            "I don't want to live in the past but it's a nice place to visit."

Comment

After getting a right mithering last time I passed up on a Brit Jazz rarity, I picked this up on the way home.

I've not played it, but I know it's not the kind of thing for me and has been acquired with the intention of re-homing it via the forum - you could call it rescuing the item from general circulation to be placed where it will be appreciated.

So, if anyone wants to get in touch to trade for it, or simply to reimburse me what I paid, feel free. (and, no, it wasn't 30p!)

Cheers and have a prosperous weekend.

B
              Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
                After getting a right mithering last time I passed up on a Brit Jazz rarity, I picked this up on the way home.

I've not played it, but I know it's not the kind of thing for me and has been acquired with the intention of re-homing it via the forum - you could call it rescuing the item from general circulation to be placed where it will be appreciated.

So, if anyone wants to get in touch to trade for it, or simply to reimburse me what I paid, feel free. (and, no, it wasn't 30p!)

Cheers and have a prosperous weekend.

B
                I'd love to take this off your hands if it hasn't been snapped up already. Remuneration or appropriate trades - whatever works best

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                  Remuneration
                  Come on.....
                  some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Originally posted by medlar View Post
                    Come on.....
                    re·mu·ner·a·tion
                    n.
                    1. The act of remunerating.
                    2. Something, such as a payment, that remunerates.
                    1477, from L. remunerationem (nom. remuneratio) "a repaying, recompense," from remuneratus, pp. of remunerari "to reward," from re- "back" + munerari "to give," from munus (gen. muneris) "gift, office, duty"

Comment

Pick up a few bits yesterday whilst out and about putting up posters and fliers for January's Brillo.

Chico Hamilton - The Gamut - Cool late 60's groovy jazz. The track MSP would go nicely next to the Quartette Tres Bien's Voodoo Man. Now to find the QTB 45!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73aAgISdZKM

The Latin Dimension - It's a Turned on World - "Take the exciting rhythms of the Caribbean. Fold in the funky voices and the beat of "Soul City." That's what this LP does according to the liner notes! Some great covers done boogaloo style (or is it shingaling!) The track Mr. MOD appeals to me for some reason!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC05lxIndjo

Bill Stone - Get Down Kind / Everybody's Hustling - Nice cheap disco funk double-sider.

The Trend - Homecookin' - Think this was first played to me by one of the Kiwi VG+ers many moons ago when I ws over there following the British Lions tour. First time I've come across one in the wild. Great funky B side
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyrcG7-bopA

Please - Ego Trippin' - Really pleased to pick up this UK promo by this Pilipino group that relocated to Germany (I think!)
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC4-pnvr0F0

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
                        Chico Hamilton - The Gamut
                        Please - Ego Trippin'
                        Nice!

Comment

Quick trip out yesterday, traipsed round the charity shops and offloaded a load of proper chuff down the market, returned home with:

Some random stuff on the German 'funk' comp, most of which bears no relation to what I've come to know as funk - think it's destined to be a freebie, ditto the reggae comp which I have no intention of listening to (ever).

Though I've seen it on a lot of finds posts and made a mental note to pick it up, I really couldn't get my bonce around the Bobby Callender LP (maybe I do the wrong kind of drugs?!), think I've found it a loving home though.
                          Jet Boy stole my baby.

Comment

Shame you couldn't get it into the Bobby Callender, I love the LP.
                            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                              Shame you couldn't get it into the Bobby Callender, I love the LP.
                              It is a marmite Album IMHO. It ticks the boxes for all the right ingredients of a classic but just doesn't come together well. His Other Lps are great mind
                              sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Originally posted by Boi Bach o Bethel View Post
                                It is a marmite Album IMHO. It ticks the boxes for all the right ingredients of a classic but just doesn't come together well. His Other Lps are great mind
                                Always wondered what his other LP's are like, hadn't really looked into, was only aware he did one more...
                                "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Working...
                                X