December 2013 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 2013 Finds

Well December has got off to a pretty good start!

Got a call from a local record shop saying he had put together a few boxes of jazzy stuff for me.
    Everything was £2.50

He also had a few non jazz bits in too. These weren’t £2.50 but still very reasonable!

Got this funky jazz 45 in trade with a mate who found this in a skip!

Today’s record fair was pretty amazing! Three different dealers had some amazing UK jazz records. The two bits I bought were very reasonable. One dealer, who was selling a box for a mate, had stunning stuff, all of the heavyweights were in there but the prices made my eyes bleed!

Finally a very good friend of mine decided to part with some gems from his collection. Been saving up my Paypal cash from my Discogs sales over the last couple of months to fund these.

Finally a record I’ve known of for over 20 years but never dreamed I’d ever own!

From Tynemouth market this morning...

Amon Duul II - Wolf city (UA)
    Very pleased to get a copy of this Krautrock classic, as I'd left a rough copy on a local dealers stall last year.

Brigitte - Incontro/Ti amo..Ed io di piu (King)
    Italian Gainsbourg exploito, pleased I left the copy I saw last weekend for 3 Euro.

The cover art of Blue Note records, the collection
    Not really my area, but couldn't leave it as it was cheap!
    Last edited by mr sayers; 01-12-2013, 08:10 PM.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Mr Sayers, been after the Brigitte 45 for a while.

Let me know if you come across another one please!

Cheers

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post

Amon Duul II - Wolf city (UA)
      Very pleased a get a copy of this Krautrock classic, as I'd left a rough copy on a local dealers stall last year.

Brigitte - Incontro/Ti amo..Ed io di piu (King)
      Italian Gainsbourg exploito, pleased I left the copy I saw last weekend for 3 Euro.

The cover art of Blue Note records, the collection
      Not really my area, but couldn't leave it as it was cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post

Cheers

Will do Mark mate...The other copy I saw was at Utrecht BTW.

Comment

One of my all time faves, That Nigger Music such a top album

Comment

Wow! So you got this, Don Rendell/Ian Carr, Karin Krog and Seeds in one day?!? Crazy.
            http://thejazzkid.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blast kid View Post
              Wow! So you got this, Don Rendell/Ian Carr, Karin Krog and Seeds in one day?!? Crazy.
              Don Rendell and Seeds today.

Horselmat and Krog arrived on Friday!

Comment

Cheers
                That Brigitte 45 should be easy to get hold of for a couple of Euros.. Cheapie.

B-side is great bit of b-movie-sounding Eurosleaze
                Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Wow - Svenska Löd is an OG? I guess the seller didn't follow the clear instructions at the bottom of the sleeve: "If any f**ker charges more than 20 crowns (<£2) for this (usury) - don't buy it!?"

Myself I went to 2 record fairs this weekend. Details will follow when I've listened to more of the buys.
                  "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                  and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Crap, Illmod! Ernie Hines, Dave Pike, Can, Shihab and stuff I don't know. Nice!

I got some nice jazzfunk:
                    Klaus Weiss: Drum Box
                    Trumpet Machine - George Kruntz
                    Hampton Hawes: Northern Windows

Comment

OK, so the city I live in had the first record fair for many years this weekend - I think it went OK. There was a decent amount of buyers and at least some sellers I talked to sold decently to good. Hopefully it will return. But... if I deduct the CDs, the metal/synth, the local shops bringing mostly their regular stuff - there wasn't a whole lot left to look at for me. Still without a camera, but here's the buys:

Leningrad Jazz-Orchestra - Leningrader Jazz
                      Soviet big band - and not too exciting. One or two tracks are decent but overall a bit too straight.

Marianna Wroblewska - Byle Bym Sie Zakochala
                      Polish schlager-soul thingie. Went to the maybe-pile - has its moments.

Igor Nazaruk - The Carpathian New Year Kolyada
                      Early 80s Soviet jazz/fusion. Also has its moments, and also went to the maybe-pile.

Collegium Musicum - Live
                      Have a record of theirs I really like, prog/artrock - but here as a trio with drums, bass and organ it doesn't work so good. There are some bits that are nice but sometimes they are too dangerously close to ELP noodlings for my comfort. Also to the maybe-pile.

Enrico Rava - Pupa o Crisalide
                      Here's a good keeper - Italian jazz/fusion with both some funk/fusion bits as well as more avantgarde pieces.

Bobby Bryant - Earth Dance
                      Big band jazz with funk/soul/pop feeling. Very good.

Sid Ramin - Stiletto OST
                      Great spy/suspense/crime soundtrack.

Kenyon Hopkins - Mister Buddwing
                      Loungey and groovy soundtrack.

Steve Davis - Music
                      Very glad to find this. Jazz/country/soul/rock-oddity that should be well known here.

Bergendy - S/T
                      Eastern Europe seems to have had a certain knack for a type of record that is quite unique and special imo - it's schlager/pop that blends in elements of beat/folk/jazz/prog/psych. I've encountered a lot of such albums, and this one fits that description too. It may be an acquired taste but I've grown to quite like it. This is really good, especially this that blew my mind:

The Copenhagen fair was even more fruitful, I shal return to that...
                      "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                      and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Well December has got off to a pretty good start!
                        Finally a record I’ve known of for over 20 years but never dreamed I’d ever own!

'pretty good start'? You're a master of understatement Mark! There are rare records and then raers that develop a mythical aura. Really pleased for you.
                        <<Soul Strut 100>>Collectable CDs 1 Forumusic: April 2014 Collectable CDs 2<<'95 WOF>>

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                          The Copenhagen fair was even more fruitful, I shal return to that...
                          You should have said you were coming over, I was going but dropped it cause I was tired...

Comment

Some damn good records there llmod.
                            "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Just like the £2.50 boxes shop owners give us the call about Nige mate!

I know were there's a UK copy of that Dave Pike LP, bet it's not going to be £2.50!

Comment

Working...
                              X