Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sion Expressway (India, November 2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sion Expressway (India, November 2013)

The Sion Expressway (India, November 2013)

Here are the 40+ albums I brought back from India last month. Apologies for the delay in getting these pictures done, but with reduced winter daylight and prep work for Heavy Crates, Xmas Swap and Trunk's OST Show, I'll be honest and say that I've not had much spare time.

Anyway - before you check out these photos, please take a look at the Day To Day Diggin' Thread for some of the photos I took whilst scouring the markets of Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai looking for records.

This trip - different to previous trips - I took a portable with me. With prices constantly on the up, I cannot recommend this tactic highly enough. It gave me the opportunity to needle drop several albums (much to the amusement of on-looking locals) and so bring back some new (to me) discoveries... and discard some not-so-good albums when my spidey sense let me down. I also crossed a load off my wants list, brought back a few albums for mates and a bag of trades that I'll sort out sometime soon.

Once I post this thread, I'll start cleaning these records, repairing the sleeves etc. It will be a long evening..!

Oh - the title of the thread - it is the name of the new road that links Navi Mumbai with downtown and means I can get at the records in about half the time. Traffic in Mumbai can be a real shit at times. Anything that improves it has to be celebrated.

My finds:-

Records for mates:-

Future trades:-

... and all great finds posts deserve a money shot. Here is this year's...

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Love that Singh record - one day I may get you to school me on some of this gear and maybe even source me a bit or two !! ... great looking stuff
    Rockwell
    Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

No probs Si, any time you are passing, drop in...
      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Excellent haul, i have most of them, but acquired in a far more boring way

Not heard of the double-flossing one at the bottom though.. Tell us more?
        Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
          Not heard of the double-flossing one at the bottom though.. Tell us more?
          It is the near mythical Charanjit Singh album from 1982 in which he single-handedly invents acid house... Was reissued in 2010.

Comment

Ah... Lovely, i do recognise it with the reissue cover. Great find
            Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

great stuff , been after the lp version of that Commander album for so long

Comment

That MAHA SHAKTIMAAN has a very crazed and interesting instro on it (if i'm thinking of the same title? Can't be bothered to go and pull it out).... Long orchestral horror theme with mad laughing over the top? sounds very unBolywood to my ears. Interesting piece that.
                Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by Sie-Fly View Post
                  Love that Singh record - one day I may get you to school me on some of this gear and maybe even source me a bit or two !! ... great looking stuff
                  flytipper: Sie has a few stone-classic Bollywood 101-type bits in the trades there... Grab em!
                  Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Boy, am I jealous. Hmph.
                    All the Wolpertingers

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
                      That MAHA SHAKTIMAAN has a very crazed and interesting instro on it... Long orchestral horror theme with mad laughing over the top? sounds very un-Bollywood to my ears. Interesting piece that.
                      That's the one..! Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                        It is the near mythical Charanjit Singh album from 1982 in which he single-handedly invents acid house... Was reissued in 2010.

Wow, is the whole album that good? And, err, you have a spare? Drool....
                        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

it's a great album Andrew - highly recommended and solid and I have a repress !
                          Rockwell
                          Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Originally posted by Sie Vulture View Post
                            Records for mates:-

Much obliged, Sie! I could become accustomed to chequebook digging.
                            You freeking scientologists are all the same, quible, dribble and then demand ice creams. Ohhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Haha..! You are welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X