January 2014 Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2014 Finds

the year is but 2 days old but I was pleased to come across a stash of cheap
    Indian vinyl earlier today, these 3 EP's and the albums below are from 1968 to '74

The Garden Facebook Blog

That Bobby EP looks interesting.

I wonder if it's similar to the sought after Soul of Bobby LP?

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post

these are the tracks

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post

I don't think it is. At least I hope not, as I turned down a copy for £3 when I was in Mumbai!
        it's OK to head out for wonderful, but on your way to wonderful, you're gonna have to pass through all right. When you get to all right,
        take a good look around and get used to it, because that may be as far as you're gonna go.

Comment

This was meant to be my end of year round-up but my old enemy Procrastrination means you're getting it now.

We'll start with a big thanks to Ben for having another clear-out and passing on these. Cheers mate.
          Samantha Jones - My Way (Contour)
          Mike Leander Orchestra - Migration (MCA)
          Luiz Bonfa - Jazz Samba Encore (Verve)
          Nancy & Lee - The Hits Of (Reprise). First time I've heard this and what a great record. Lee Hazlewood hasn't really been on my radar, although I know there's a lot of love on here, but that's going to change now.
          Nancy & Lee - Sand

Black Truth Rhythm Band - Ifetayo (Soundway). Described as Trinidadian afro jazz calypso & soul. The calypso element might put some off but it's very subtle and works really well on this album.
          Black Truth Rhythm Band - Kilimanjaro
          Black Funk - Immortal Reggae Hits (Windmill).
          The Best Of Both Worlds - I Want The World To Know (Calla). Cut above funk and soul album from 1975.
          The Best Of Both Worlds - Mama Bakes Biscuits
          Ashton, Gardner & Dyke - S/T (Polydor). Hammond-led rock.

Hall High School - Euro Tour 80 (PP). Nah.
          Blue 'N' Groovy - Vol 2 Mostly Modal (Blue Note). Comp double yet to be played.
          Randy Weston - Nuit Africaine (Enja). Nah.
          Herbie Hancock - Futureshock (CBS). Just to add to the rest of the Herbies.

Billy Strange - Secret Agent File (GNP Crescendo). Great selection of spy themes.
          Billy Strange - Theme from The Man From UNCLE
          Bobby Lamb and The Keymen - S/T (BBC Records). Nice version of Cinnamon and Cloves but had to set up my own 'tube channel to play you this so hope it was worth it.
          Bobby Lamb - Cinnamon and Cloves
          The Unauthorised Version - Hey Jude (CBS). Probably well known for the track Girl In A Bus Queue but quite liking Dee Time as well.
          The Unauthorised Version - Dee Time
          Joe Blackbeard's Combo - S/T (Souvenir). No info available about this one but as the cover implies likely to fit in well with the ballroom chart that someone put up on the forum. For reference only I've put up the following track.
          Joe Blackbeard's Combo

Trio of femme vocals.
          Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe (Capitol)
          Nadia Cattouse - Earth Mother (RCA)
          Mary McCaslin - Goodnight Everybody (Barnaby Records).
          Mary McCaslin - You Keep Me Hangin' On

Chim Kothari - Sound Of Sitar (Deram). Very nice Xmas pressie from Deepdownheavy.
          Status Quo - Comp (Pickwick). Cheap collection of the Quo's earlier stuff and very good it is too.
          Curved Air - Phantasmagoria (WB)
          Kurylewicz Warska Niemen - Muzyka Teatralna I Telewizyjna (Polskie Nagrania Muza). Interesting Polish folk jazz album from 1971.
          Kurylewicz Warska Niemen - Romanca Cherubina
          Last edited by Melter; 13-03-2014, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Version of Berimbau on that Hall High School record is diverting enough: put it on my swap CD 2 years back.
            Those funny cars won't make the teardrops start/ but way up there is where she broke my heart

Comment

Small trade:

And from one second hand shop:

AND THIS ONE!!!

One of the rarest lps in Bulgaria with the great voice of Lea Ivanova - I think she is unknown for you... but I have it now... and I'm happy!
              P.S. And Happy 2014!

Comment

One of the few shops open in Jedburg provided these

The 45 is a spare of 10cc - Hot Sun Rock. First single b side funky proggy instro Rich Hero spin - surprisingly hard to turn up in good nick. May be spoken for.

LP I've no idea about but it looked good fun.
                "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

That Drac comp looks like a winner just from the cover
                  Everyone tear down your own little wall
                  That keeps you from being a part of it all
                  Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                  You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

when I found this mispressing my initial thought was - please be Anarchy In The UK!

it could have been worse I suppose so I guess Kate was OK it is Moving on the flip btw, not blank, shame

early release by local Milton Keynes singer/songwriter Eddie Stanton
                    who proves his local credentials by posing next to MK's most famous residents

this was an exciting find, a mid 60's single on Island Records,
                    a little more info here

Dave's missus released this in 1985

Royal Palace intruder makes record shocker! sadly not his version of the Pistols classic, The Bollock Brothers
                    main-man Jock McDonald was in John Lydon's brother Jimmy Lydons' band 4" Be 2"

Anarchy In The UK re-jigged lyrically to the London postcode NW3 4JR with
                    spoken word silliness on the flip. It originally came in a picture sleeve but this copy didn't.

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Went to 3 shops today, found a thing in 2 of them:

Ahmad Jamal - Freeflight
                      1971 live set from Montreux as a trio. Bought because most of it appears to have him perform on electric piano, and most of that has him use effects for a wonderful spaced out electric sound I really like.

Blue Mitchell - Bantu Village
                      A very funky take on straight jazz. All tracks are strong groovy soul-jazz and/or heavily funk influenced with the possible exception of the final more mellow ballad.

"Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                      and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by LDJB View Post
                        One of the few shops open in Jedburg provided these

The 45 is a spare of 10cc - Hot Sun Rock. First single b side funky proggy instro Rich Hero spin - surprisingly hard to turn up in good nick. May be spoken for.

LP I've no idea about but it looked good fun.
                        10cc may be spoken for... Do you mean me?! Following your advice I can't bring myself to spend more on postage for a 45 than the record itself, lemme know!
                        Club stuff: www.facebook.com/DivineGlasgow

Mixes: https://www.mixcloud.com/andrewdivine/

Photos: www.instagram.com/divine_glasgow/

Comment

Originally posted by The Divine One View Post
                          10cc may be spoken for... Do you mean me?! Following your advice I can't bring myself to spend more on postage for a 45 than the record itself, lemme know!
                          All yours Andrew.
                          "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

Did the charities of two localish towns that i never really go to - Deal and Dover and managed to dredge up these for cheap

12" is Al Marshall - (I Like The Way You) Dance With Me - Pavillion

Some Finnish records that looked interesting but are nursery and classical. I quite enjoyed the Los Paraguayos though.

Comment

Originally posted by nebkins View Post

Some Finnish records that looked interesting but are nursery and classical. I quite enjoyed the Los Paraguayos though.
                              If you're getting rid, I'll take that pig off you - what a sleeve!
                              Spirit Duplicator—collectable, charming, affordable... and also socially networked on FB / Twitter / Instagram.

Comment

Working...
                              X