X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Colton ! awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by smashingcheesegromit View Post
      a few singles from todays boot..some indie,punk.lo-fi and a dusty one.

I think God is my Co Pilot is the coolest band name ever. On par with Outnumbered by Idiots

Comment

• Gift from a Cuban friend:

Comment

• Lee - which bands are the three on Swedish flexi?

Love the record caretaking instructions on the sleeve...
          "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
          and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• Another quick update - working at home today - first of all the postman distracted me with a brace of 45s and then a lunchtime trip to the shops was elongated when I spotted something shiny

LPs a quid each

Picked up the Glen and the Michel for Steven for the following reasons

Michel Legrand - High IQ

The Humber Collage was nabbed as it has a 10 min version of Aquarius on it and a track described as Jazz Rock:

Deiter Reith is a nice find for cheap I think? Nice minty Dutch MPS. Funky keyboard heavy jazz moves.

A few years back I would have been over the moon at finding either of these but they are both up for trade. PM if you're interested in either.

Both 45s were tip off BINs from board members here - thank Phil and Paul! Funky soul and a mind mincing psycher.
            "..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• took a punt on this on way home from work...

sheffield bottom stompers "pennies from" uk shebo 197?,bought on the strength of "watermelon man" and the words jazz rock in the description,not sure if it warrented a pic,but will maybe later
              ------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• A few Birthday bits through the post ect

Soundcarriers LP.... I think we all have it now

Berry Window and the Movements Soul and Love 1967 INTERCORD
                Curiosity more than anything (the Movements mutated into Brainticket) this is confidently played soul standards (2 James Brown covers) No psych soul to speak of, but a nice listen.

Khasla String Band ST 1973
                Championed BY WAXIDERMY and recommended by PH. This is a great cult album featuring Herb Lovell on Drums on a few cuts, not a sitar in sight but lovely group harmonies

Endaf Emlyn Salem Sain 1974
                Heavyweight SSW stuff with arrangements straight out of Parallelograms. This Welsh language lp is based on Kurnow Vosper's painting of Salem (proto magic eye painting with Satan lurking in the shawl) A truly heavenly lp and a long time want.

Brenda Lee Sweet nothing1960
                Yep that Aha Honey sample that turns up Everywhere. Playing it out this weekend and show the ears and feet that there is a great Wanda Jacksonesque track after the opening

Endaf Emlyn
                sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

• Love the sound of the Khala String Band and the Endaf Emlyn. Very nice finds. Happy Birthday too.

Comment

• found some nice vinyl this morning

fully signed on the back too, woo!

one of a set of five apparently, the others include Edith Sitwell with Cecil Beaton

daft 12" from 1978 but check that wax!

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

• Four of my favourites of the month so far, all found on my recent trip to Japan. I will say more about the shopping there and post my the other finds when I have more time.

Jim Sullivan - Jim Sullivan (Century)

As you probably know, this is the U.F.O album but with the tracks mixed differently and in a different order. I had never heard this version until I got it but U.F.O was and is right up there with my favourite albums and ultimate 'know-I'll-never-find-one' wants. The differences between the two are pretty obvious and to be honest I think the original mixes are superior. It might just be familiarity but I think the drums on the OG go harder and it's got a 'rawer' quality to it. Regardless I was well chuffed to get this and you can't fuck with the songs themselves, they're still close to perfect front to back. Funky folky SSW desert highway music.

Harsh Reality - Heaven And Hell (Combel)

90s boot or re' of '68 Phillips release. Starts off like hard blues rock but develops into a psychedelic progtastic trip. Lives up to the cover. Only listened once so not much more to say but I think this is pretty well known anyway.

Hollins And Starr - Sideways Talking (Ovation)

Also new to me but I somewhat knew what to expect. It's like diet psych with lots of folk influences, quite dreamlike throughout. There's loads of floating fluting, including a Bach cover thrown into the middle. Overall an amazing listen, loads of changes in tempo and style, fuzz, sound effects, everything.

David Kauffman And Eric Caboor - Songs From Suicide Bridge (Donkey Soul Music)

I was so so pleased to find this, definitely my favourite purchase of the trip. Excellent price on a relatively rare record but mostly just because the music is so good. 1984 folk rock with a lonely and lost sound to it. Beautiful melodies, guitar work, lyrics and feel. Middle of the night type stuff. Complete with letters signed by Kauffman and Caboor to prospective stockers who never filled in the consignment form inside. Highly recommended.

As always, happy to send rips of any of these if you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Head Gardener View Post
                        found some nice vinyl this morning

fully signed on the back too, woo!

one of a set of five apparently, the others include Edith Sitwell with Cecil Beaton

daft 12" from 1978 but check that wax!

Great find on the Hancock - Face To Face

Comment

• Today I found Dalida's "Rio Do Brasil" lp. To show how awesome it is, here she is performing the title song on TV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLL8rldWkew

and also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QpNQZIhkHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OctBcvbjjj0

Did I say awesome?
                          some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• Excellent post Toby. D.
                            4 records I haven't heard, and now I want to hear them all. Well impressed with the Hollins & Starr track you put up. I'll definitely be investigating that one further. All really good. Look forward to the rest of your finds

Everyone tear down your own little wall
                            That keeps you from being a part of it all
                            Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                            You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Hollins & Starr is indeed great, the type of thing you could pick at Utrecht Paul mate.
                              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Can you hire a Sherpa at Utrecht? Don't think I'm going to be able to carry it all myself
                                Everyone tear down your own little wall
                                That keeps you from being a part of it all
                                Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                                You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Working...
                                X