May 2014 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by treeboy View Post
    Can you hire a Sherpa at Utrecht? Don't think I'm going to be able to carry it all myself
    Funny you should mention it Paul man, I'm usually spent up by Saturday dinner time, so I'll be in need of extra vinyl funds if there's a job going!
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
      Hollins & Starr is indeed great, the type of thing you could pick at Utrecht Paul mate.
      Amazing record - love it !
      Rockwell
      Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

• a few lp,s caught on my way home from work...

walter murphy band-a fifth of beethoven-uk private stock 1976

moonshine steel-raw edges-uk look 1975

deodato-deogato 2-uk cti 1973

------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• a couple of longterm Bolly wants have finally nestled into the collection:

And see if you can guess which is the good tune on this late-80s Tamil OST? (not that you can see from the photo )

…that's right - "Computer Music". Flipping bonkers!
          Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Excellent post Toby. D.
            4 records I haven't heard, and now I want to hear them all. Well impressed with the Hollins & Starr track you put up. I'll definitely be investigating that one further. All really good. Look forward to the rest of your finds
            Thanks man! As mr sayers and Sie-Fly have said, the Hollins & Starr is top quality throughout but that track just floored me too. Unfortunately the girl on the track doesn't feature again on the record I don't think.

Comment

• This was about half the stuff i got from last sunday's bootfairs. Nothing more than a pound each and most around 50p or less. Again it was a complete mish mash of stuff.

Ninja Tune is Amon Tobin. Gallery is still sealed. Corky and Yaka is quality underground hardcore from late 1992.

Trashmen is a reissue

Beltram is UK Energy Flash

Top Right is Janet Kay - Eternally Grateful. Bottom left is Jazzy Dee - Get On Up

Motown is Willie Hutch ‎– In And Out / Brother's Gonna Work It Out. Kraftwerk is UK original.

Top right looked well interesting but is pretty crap.

And to finish a bundle of lovers rock with amazing company sleeves

Comment

• That Manchild seems ubiquitous, does anybody know why?
                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

• From shops today:

Don Robertson - Dawn
                  Improvised psychedelic new age with percussion, sitar, bird and rain sounds etcetera.

Donald Byrd - Ethiopian Knights
                  Excellent spaced out jazz-funk.

Harry Partch - The World of...
                  First Partch record I buy despite his name having been in the back of my head for 15 years or more. Exotica-type percussion driven avantgarde classical on homebuilt instruments. Great stuff.
                  "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                  and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

• a couple from medway chazzas...

sxl 2016 vienna holiday-knappertsbusch strange that i bought the same classical lp from the same charity shop a couple of years ago

asterix-everybody/if i could fly uk decca,seldom seen prog 2 sider,german kraut rock band

------~o00o-----//{ ´°`(_)´°` }\\-----o00o~------

Comment

• Asterix is a great 45. Must admit I didn't know it got a UK release. I've got this (German) version which can be pretty cheap to pick up (lots on CDandlp)
                      Everyone tear down your own little wall
                      That keeps you from being a part of it all
                      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Originally posted by toby.d View Post
                        Thanks man! As mr sayers and Sie-Fly have said, the Hollins & Starr is top quality throughout but that track just floored me too. Unfortunately the girl on the track doesn't feature again on the record I don't think.
                        Always been perplexed by that...she deserved to get more vocals on that LP.
                        "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

Crikey Lee, that's a set in itself! Got a few of those, but some excellent stuff I will be on the hunt for. I wonder if the rest of the Snow lp is anywhere near as good as that 45? Anyone heard it? Brilliant tune.
                          That is by far the heaviest track on the LP (if you're referring to the Song Of The Sirens) but plenty of nice soft psych pop to make the rest of the LP worthy.
                          "Don't get involved in the f**kin' chat pages. It's just full of arseholes talkin' sh*te non-stop"

Comment

• Originally posted by nebkins View Post

https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
                            http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
                            https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
                            https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Campag Record View Post
                              That is by far the heaviest track on the LP (if you're referring to the Song Of The Sirens) but plenty of nice soft psych pop to make the rest of the LP worthy.
                              I've only heard Caterpillar from Lees post, but it sounds as if there's more good stuff to be found in there. Cheers for the heads up
                              Everyone tear down your own little wall
                              That keeps you from being a part of it all
                              Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                              You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Also found this groovy Aussie xian lp:

The Young World Singers - Come Alive!

Superb cover, and here's a decent track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkv3vPUhdnc
                                some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Working...
                                X