• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alanmck View Post
    how's the jazz waltz?
    OK as I recall.

Comment

• The Jellyroll Lp is Ok. Not mindblowing. I find it a bit cluttered, like the Gotham Pass the butter lp on Natural resources.

Strange is a cover of an Aorta track..... which has the best Electronic intro EVER

sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

• Cheers for that. Got the Aorta lp, like that lots. Possible new thread on the best electronic intros?
        Everyone tear down your own little wall
        That keeps you from being a part of it all
        Because you've got to be one with the one and all
        You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Quick duck into the charities this luncheon

The Sergio has a couple of good 'uns on it

Often wondered where this came came from - it's been on a few comps

like this too

The Revillos - local heroes! Upgrade from my beat up copy.

Grabbed a few 45s which are either spares to pass on or punts due to interesting looking labels / song info etc.... not too many keepers or too dull to post so here's the highlights.

I think this might be a spare - nice funker anyway

final upgrade I think - therefore I have a spare of this strange 50p funker

Nice mintyish spare of this cracker too

This was a PO arrival from Mr Treeboy - many many thanks sir. Great US shouty garage psych.

and this was a Sayers BIN - thank you too sir - very nice it is too!

"..hole...road...middle thereof"

Comment

• Been lurking around here for far too long - having been dragging myself along to car boots over the last few months, thought I'd throw a few things up. These are from the last two/three weeks, all car booty.

Second Bobby Charles lp I've turned up in the last few months, and cover is always knackered. Great record, with the Band on backing duties. The Tom Brock was a very happy find, £2 and still in shrink. Barry White on tip top production, big Jay Z sample, and sounding like Leroy Hutson at his best.

Mono version of Family's first LP, and was quite impressed by the Family 45 bag for My Friend The Sun. Nice Gregory Isaacs 12 (also picked up Prince Alla's Missing You at the same time, but don't have a pic). And a spare of Astra Nova Orchestra's Soul Sleeper for 10p, I'm sure everyone is familiar. Drums!

Love this version of Wonderwall, and the Al Kooper lp is a nicely eccentric outing. Tom Waits 12 cos I can't leave any Waits behind, and the Marcel Faust was bought purely on the sleeve alone. Odd German Cabaret, if you're interested.

Comment

• Nice find mate...'Soul Sleeper' for 10p, nice!
              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

• My copy of the Bobby Charles LP looks exactly like that

Comment

• Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                  Nice find mate...'Soul Sleeper' for 10p, nice!
                  I was happy - in a box of yer usual 70's/80's pop 45's. God knows how these things end up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Um View Post
                    My copy of the Bobby Charles LP looks exactly like that

Textured sleeves, not built to last!

Comment

• Very aware I've been hammering this thread a bit lately, but bear with me and I'll go away for a while after this post

Procol Harum cheap twofer. Sounds better than I expected. Shine On Brightly is great of course, haven't played Whoosh yet.

[IMG][/IMG]

Upgraded my copy of this Joey Levine tune
                      [IMG][/IMG]

Heavy groover from 72
                      [IMG][/IMG]

Tune of the day! B side of Bubblegum Music. Killer chunky riff, sunshiney bababas, organ interspersed, catchy as anything......that riff is a monster. Loud its a corker Sorry the vid has lame sound.
                      [IMG][/IMG]
                      Everyone tear down your own little wall
                      That keeps you from being a part of it all
                      Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                      You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

• Four more May finds.

Ned Doheny - Ned Doheny (Asylum)

I had convinced myself that Japan would be awash with Doheny, it was not. I didn't find the ones I wanted but I did see this one a lot. Probably known by most; it's less funky and more jazzy/folky than the following albums. Very laid-back and smooth, nicely crafted West Coast songs. Absolutely love it and have played and replayed almost daily.

The Bearnie Leadon • Michael Georgiades Band - Natural Progressions (Asylum)

More Asylum smoothness. Named after local surf shop. Sounds like sunshine and wicker chairs with some amazing guitar. Goes well played next to the Ned, very easy.

Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire De Melody Nelson (Philips)

Finally have one. Found links to the lyrics in English on SoulStrut, post number 22 here.

Sgt. Death - Fate (Rockadelic)

Unreleased album from 1969 of hard psychedelic blues rock. Anti Vietnam theme, some really nice solos and piano too but the whole thing is almost like a warm up to the final song for me. Will post a link to it below, it's sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by toby.d View Post
                          I had convinced myself that Japan would be awash with Doheny, it was not. I didn't find the ones I wanted but I did see this one a lot.
                          I know a person in Japan who may have the Ned albums you are looking for. Drop me a PM if you're interested
                          If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

• PM'd

Can't edit my post, this is Sgt. Death:

Comment

• Originally posted by toby.d View Post

Ned Doheny - Ned Doheny (Asylum)

I had convinced myself that Japan would be awash with Doheny, it was not. I didn't find the ones I wanted but I did see this one a lot. Probably known by most; it's less funky and more jazzy/folky than the following albums. Very laid-back and smooth, nicely crafted West Coast songs. Absolutely love it and have played and replayed almost daily.
                              I have all 3 of his LPs (he only did 3 right?) and the one you have there is my favourite by a long shot. Loads of really great songs on there and some killer smooth session playing… put it on repeat!
                              Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

• In one book that I bought from the "antiquaire" I found a spare flexi of Gunesh with this song:

Comment

Working...
                                X