• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@relkeel blimey thats a nice haul.
    Give a man a tree, He'll take a forest!

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
      Some of these are from the tail end of last month.

Found these at the Record Bar in West Norwood (45s), a tiny local record fair, most of the jazz came cheap from a mainly 78 and rock n roll fair and finally a couple Howling Sounds in Ramsgate.
      Thats my local shop in my hometown. What record from that lot did you get from there? Ive been getting some nice reggae bits from there the last few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
        Keith Tippett from a car boot - minus sleeve, but plays fine.
        Score! Great LP ... not just Black Horse, but loads of goodness on there.

Well done on Margot, too.
        https://oneboxrecordfair.wordpress.com/
        http://twitter.com/#!/obrftokyo
        https://instagram.com/obrftokyo/
        https://www.facebook.com/Its-Time-Fo...5685810999497/

Formerly, lecturer at the University of Rome, with two commas and a full stop in the normal way.

(=^ェ^=)

Comment

I've been a bit poorly with flu the past few weeks, so was pleased to find these £1 LP's & 50p 7"
          on my trawl around the local charity shops after I dragged myself out and about this morning

The Garden Facebook Blog

Comment

Originally posted by llmod1 View Post
            Pitch, you must have been very pleased to find those two. Were they cheap?

I'm not massively keen in that Motherhood LP. Not as good as their first!
            Motherhood was £30 and Trees was £70 - ie. "will you take £100 for the two of them?"
            Motherhood is not as good as the first - might have to push it on.....
            "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Recent pickups. Most cheap from local spots, some from Sunday's CPH Rec fair, one private dealio:

Rap:

Eric & Ra: Follow the leader 7"
              Sparky D VS The Playgirls: The battle
              Sparky D: Sparky's turn
              D-Rock & Swift-C: Who rocks / Cut it up
              Disco 4: Throwdown / School beats
              Jimmy Spicer: Money (Dollar bill y'all)
              PRT: Word iz life
              Tim Dog: F_ck Compton - only cause it was under one Euro
              Sway & King Tech: Follow 4 now - sealed - people seem to rate this, too hiphousey for me
              OK: Somehow, someway - classic
              MMG - 2 black 2 strong: Doin hard time on planet earth LP - the angriest and weakest record I've ever heard

Non rap:

Kajagoogoo: Too shy (Midnight mix)
              Paul Hardcastle: Rain forest - US LP
              Grethe Sønck: Du er min Mascot - commercial 7"
              Aphrodite's child: Five o clock / Funky Mary 7"
              The Armageddon experience s/t LP - Xian popsike or something, 2-3 decent tracks
              Ina: Menneske min ven LP - Danish pop w one funky track
              Daimi: Da Verden blev væk LP - Danish pop w one funky track about her big boobs
              Jimmy Smith: Root down LP - used Euro press but cheap and plays fine
              The heads of the family: Play and sing LP - average white funky soul/rock, Madvillian sample don't you know
              Psychedelic underground - Bokaj retsiem LP - should be know here
              Celebration: Karma LP - one nice uptempo dancefloor fusion/latin track with 'da da dah' singing
              Last edited by Headless mermaid; 06-05-2014, 04:31 PM. Reason: bc

Comment

Sorry for lack of pics, can't get it to work...

Comment

crickey, two copies of Jimmy Smith's root down by two plussers........... what a solid LP
                  sigpicRock on Penderyn

Comment

Originally posted by pitch View Post

Picked up some rather lovely glass too - as well as a beautifully illustrated WW1 book on nursing. I did rather better than my mum in fact!

So.... swallowing coins was a big problem in the trenches then?
                    "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                    and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Couple of cheapo charity shop catches from this morning

The Blackbirds - No Destination. Odd beaty psychy thing on Saga, bit wooly, but two things really grabbed me: 1) 'Space' which is an atmospheric Hammondy instrumental, and 2) 'Long Tall Dorothe' which has some hysterical vocal excursions into Tiny Tim falsetto territory. Sleeve slightly badgered, but vinyl is in nice shape.

Mickey Newbury - Frisco Mabel Joy. One from the school of atmospheric melancholic male vocal, low key and lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                        I can't confirm that this is the case - but reminds me of this story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3503967.stm

"A man who was admitted to hospital in France with stomach pains was found to have swallowed 350 coins...."
                        "Ridicule is nothing to be scared of"

www.myspace.com/illustratedlondonnoise*********illustratedlondonnoise.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post
                          Sounds like it might be a great way to get invalided out without shooting yourself in the foot.

Comment

@ Sonovox, you used to see that Blackbirds LP about, if you like 'Space', keep your eyes peeled for it on single as it has vocals.
                            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Market/Charities

LP's

The Scott Adair Band - If it feels good - do it!(Spare)
                              Local private press, with a pretty decent version of Johnny Harris' 'Foot prints on the moon'.

The Osmonds - Brainstorm (Polydor)
                              Well liked on here, first time I came across it since Joe put people up on it.

The Vos Family - Together on the road
                              Canadian private press, got it on the strength of a cover of the Associations 'Never my love', was going to leave it, but when the woman said the records were 20p I thought go on then! Nige has since told me it's crap, so I ain't mustered up the enthusiasm to put it on yet.

Dan Hill - Sounds Electric (CBS) (Spare)
                              OK version of 'Land of a 1000 dances, was going to leave it, but felt obligated as the woman in the charity shop let me out the back. Do you want it Lee mate?

12"

Z-3 MC's - Triple threat (Beauty and the Beat) (Spare)
                              Classic hip hop (Coming your way Nige mate) -

Got the head phones from the market on Sunday, not sure why I got them, guess I couldn't leave them as they were £2.50....
                              "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
                                @ Sonovox, you used to see that Blackbirds LP about, if you like 'Space', keep your eyes peeled for it on single as it has vocals.
                                Will be doing the Shaw Taylor thing, hoping for some more Tiny Tim stylings.

Comment

Working...
                                X