Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
    [/URL]

Big Youth rambling on about someone from Manchester not wearing polyester ( I think) Ranking Magnum is a scorched copy but a great track and dub.
    You think right - the great Big Youth toast of this:

Last edited by Sie Vulture; 11-05-2014, 11:09 PM.

Comment

These two vulture classics presented themselves to me in the wild last week. Worked out to be a tenner each... Sweet!

Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Result there Joe mate, as you know tricky to turn up in the wild, especially for cheap!
        "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

A few finds from this week ... from various thrift stores

One I bought for the cover alone, booklet and boring Jazz record.

Electronic System - Tchip Tchip, @llmodl1 still have to clean the records , spare, 14 minutes electronic madness.

Jean-Jacques Perrey ‎– Moog Indigo, well known here, mint UK copy.

The Las Vegas Story is the third studio album by punk blues group The Gun Club.

UK press LP on 10" format on Music De Wolfe label. Library Mod Jazz, Psych tracks.

Short synth tracks, perhaps cool for sampling.

Speaks for itself.

Crime Jazz, looks minty, but due to a bad pressing some songs skip .

Cheese and more cheese, one tracker IMO.

Clean James Brown Hot Pants.

I couldn't find real funky trumpets on this one, haves it moments but not essential.

Disco classic.

UK press LP on 10" format on Music De Wolfe label. Library Mod Jazz, Psych tracks.

Link Wray compilation of old songs.

And two nice classical SXL ...

My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Nice finds there Cees mate, I'm well jealous of De wolfe's.

Comment

Originally posted by mr sayers View Post
              Nice finds there Cees mate, I'm well jealous of De wolfe's.
              Thanks, the Electroshake is the best of all ... all from a thriftstore €1 each, had never been there, was in a small town, found the Electric System / Electroshake in a box which they wanted to throw away that same day. They said they didn't sell records for a long time. That's what we call luck and saving rare records.
              My Statigram account ...

Comment

Never heard of before but looked like it could "be something" so it followed me home and it delivered!

Moves between jazz, soul, funk, latin with a light hint of artrock. Big band with brass and plenty of electric piano and bits of moog.

"Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

^ Nice find mate.

Comment

Yeah, nice one. that can sell for a few quid i believe
                    Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by Brainbomb View Post

Never heard of before but looked like it could "be something" so it followed me home and it delivered!

Moves between jazz, soul, funk, latin with a light hint of artrock. Big band with brass and plenty of electric piano and bits of moog.

wish my few quids lead to this one. A killer thriller, man!
                      DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

on my wants for some time - nice one Mattias .... killer record
                        Rockwell
                        Banned (DJ Anchovy)

Comment

Melancholic delicate minimal synth Netherlands 1980, likey.

Bit dog eared but a US Sussex at least.

Had a nice Catherine Howe with a 1K price ticket in my hands this morning. My offer of £20 was robustly declined.
                          record licker

Comment

Some great items getting an airing this month, never heard of the Majko Zemljo or the Glynne/Zwier - love to see things like that.

I keep on winkling out the odd thing or two.

Ennio Morricone - Un Uomo Da Rispettare. Saw this offered as a cheap BIN, grabbed it. Was a bit gutted when the seller sent me through a copy of 'Great Western Film Themes Vol 3' instead, but managed to get it all sorted out in the end. Eventually this arrived in massively flimsy packaging but luckily survived in great shape. Vintage Morricone, the 11+ minute title track is right up there with the best, shivers down the spine time, starts off as sparse abstract crime jazz, with episodes of bass and massively echoey brass - absolute magic.

And a few singles for a quid apiece:

Julian's Treatment - Phantom City. Little bit of a crackly copy, but lucky to find this. Great prog, driving bass and slabs of eerie keyboard. And a title to love on the B side, "Alda, Dark Lady Of The Outer Worlds"...

Aphrodite's Child - Break. Later press of the single, one of my favourite bands. "Babylon" on the B side is frenetic and fab.

Johnny Johnson - Soul Sahara. This is the B side of "Mr Tambourine Man", pounding soul with plenty of "uh, good god" quotient.

Comment

Today I found a dubious pile of Portuguese 45s from the 70s, amongst which was this by Sidney Magal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD49pqbZ0DM

What a hunk!
                              some times play g+ with back noise,some times vg , super psyché juju lpfront sleeve is very nice vg back vg , but the top corne left is eating buy rats, ask for picture

Comment

Found a couple of records €2.50 each

FANTASTIC Dutch late 60s HEAVY ACID PSYCH!!! MACHINE was formed on ashes of DRAGONFLY - great Dutch 60s UNDERGROUND PSYCH band!!! This is their 1st and only album! MACHINE introduces the horn section together with LOUD HEAVY ACID FUZZ guitar. REALLY COOL UNDERGROUND sound!!! 8 mosly longer tracks: "Virgin" (GROOVY HEAVY ACID FUZZ guitar riff vs Detroit Hi-Energy SOUL FUNK), "God's Children" (TRIPPY PSYCH with Hammond organ, PSYCH effects and PHASING), "Old Black Magic" (HEAVY ACID FUZZ guitar and floating PSYCH FLUTE leads), "Sunset Eye" (long and very HEAVY APOCALYPTIC UNDERGROUND PSYCH!!!),... 1969 (I think), Polydor, original Dutch pressing.

UK pink 1st

The Greatest Show on Earth, British progressive rock band, John Peel production.

All three records are in a stunning condition.
                                My Statigram account ...

Comment

Working...
                                X