No announcement yet.

May 2014 Finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your killing it Cees mate, your doing well on King Crimson front...That Machine sounds awesome, only got a single by them. Didn't realise there was a Dragon fly connection.
    "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

vocalist John Caljouw was a member of psych legends Dragonfly.
      My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Kratgraver View Post
        Found a couple of records €2.50 each

FANTASTIC Dutch late 60s HEAVY ACID PSYCH!!! MACHINE was formed on ashes of DRAGONFLY - great Dutch 60s UNDERGROUND PSYCH band!!! This is their 1st and only album! MACHINE introduces the horn section together with LOUD HEAVY ACID FUZZ guitar. REALLY COOL UNDERGROUND sound!!! 8 mosly longer tracks: "Virgin" (GROOVY HEAVY ACID FUZZ guitar riff vs Detroit Hi-Energy SOUL FUNK), "God's Children" (TRIPPY PSYCH with Hammond organ, PSYCH effects and PHASING), "Old Black Magic" (HEAVY ACID FUZZ guitar and floating PSYCH FLUTE leads), "Sunset Eye" (long and very HEAVY APOCALYPTIC UNDERGROUND PSYCH!!!),... 1969 (I think), Polydor, original Dutch pressing.

Good God, want it! 'Virgin' is really something!
        DANCE TO THE RADIO

Comment

Originally posted by Funky Charly View Post
          Good God, want it! 'Virgin' is really something!
          The chugging first track in that MACHINE youtube clip ("Rainmaker") can be had for cheap on a 45. Which is nice.
          Muchos mixes <<<<

HELLFIRE VIDEO CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by pencilface View Post
            The chugging first track in that MACHINE youtube clip ("Rainmaker") can be had for cheap on a 45. Which is nice.
            That's the one I own, great cheapie.
            "Hangin' out with you two is like partying with Fugazi"

Comment

There is one available on discogs at the moment.
              My Statigram account ...

http://statigr.am/cratedigger

http://kratgraver.blogspot.nl

Comment

Originally posted by Sonovox View Post

Ennio Morricone - Un Uomo Da Rispettare.
                Coincidence, I have that movie poster on it's way right now, same artwork. I totally love Florinda Bolkan and I think that drawing of her is the best one I've seen. The movie itself is great too, it's also known as The Master Touch.

And R.I.P. Giuliano Gemma.
                See, you don't get those haircuts on your mp3s.

Comment

Ritual - Sore Lip.

A Saturday two quid punt.
                  UK funkboogie instrumental, 1980. Deft horns solid drums with some nice fuzz guitar and synth flourishes,a bit reminiscent of Atmosfear. Note the unconventional spelling on the cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzkxfDflHcs
                  record licker

Comment

Here are my finds from the Pennsylvania trip. I only had a couple of free days at home before disappearing off to the next job, so only got around to cleaning and listening to the records today.

The “back room of the tanning salon” was fun and the owner was a genuine kinda guy. He told me that every once in a while he gets a phonecall from someone wanting to look through the 45’s. I spent around 2 hours going thro’ the rows of deadstock and pulled out a few decent cheapies; EX condition, most in company sleeves. Minted up on a few old classics. Fun time..!

If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

Jet-lagged and grumpy as hell, I wandered off around the market on my own when I got back from the US. Found a copy of this:-

On the Page One label, produced by Barbara Moore, my spidey senses immediately tingled. Saying that, I did drop Col a text because he's an oracle with all things UK when it comes to labels like this.

Have done a bit of trawling about online since I picked up the album - "Birds Of A Feather" were Doreen and Irene Chanter who later were better known as "The Chanter Sisters". This album features four Elton John/Bernie Taupin compositions and apparently Elton himself tinkled the ivories on the recording sessions.

Searching Popsike is amusing - expect auction hyping emotive words like FEMME PSYCH and PSYCH FOLK. So tread carefully.
                      Last edited by Sie Vulture; 12-05-2014, 01:26 AM.
                      If you're looking for a pristine copy then this isn't the one for you. The vinyl looks like someone has polished their brickwork with it and the label has been ruined by some fool with a pen.

Comment

I got back from Buenos Aires this morning and found time this afto to clean and spin my finds. I really enjoyed the trip and it is always a pleasure to hang out with the locals in the record stores. I'll post up some more pictures in the Day To Day Digging thread later.

Prices in Argentina vary from store to store and so putting in the leg work is essential as you visit record stores across 4 barrios of the city centre and try to remember which album you saw where and for what price. I had my portable with me on this trip and this helped me avoid the usual condition issues that often blight the record buying experience in South America.

So, here you have a mixed bag. I'll add text as and when I can; I need to get some sleep after a 13-hour direct flight..!

Comment

Result on the Bill Fay 45 Sie. Didn't know it had a US release.
                          Hope you catch up with yourself soon, I hate jetlag.
                          Everyone tear down your own little wall
                          That keeps you from being a part of it all
                          Because you've got to be one with the one and all
                          You've just got to be close to it all

Comment

Originally posted by treeboy View Post
                            Result on the Bill Fay 45 Sie. Didn't know it had a US release. Hope you catch up with yourself soon, I hate jetlag.
                            Me neither! Cheers... I'll be okay on the morning, just need to fight it for another hour or so... Oh, and once I get back on an even keel ... fly to Korea.

Comment

Killing me with some of those Buenos Aires finds... nice work
                              "Only one thought left, that makes me come alive,
                              and that is you and me side by side, on the licorice ride"

Comment

Originally posted by relkeel View Post
                                Ritual - Sore Lip.

A Saturday two quid punt.
                                UK funkboogie instrumental, 1980. Deft horns solid drums with some nice fuzz guitar and synth flourishes,a bit reminiscent of Atmosfear. Note the unconventional spelling on the cover.

]
                                Love that one. it used to be my "theme tune"when i did pirate radio for a few weeks under the name DJ Technical Giant.*

does Sie get a Sambalanco Trio lp every time he goes to Buenos Aires?

*A girlfriend told me that if you are over 6"3 you are, technically, a giant
                                Vardy.....¬°¬°¬°PELIGRO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X