Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smashingcheesegromit
    replied
    a couple from my jaunt around chatham/gillingham chazzas,second zoot i found this year..

Leave a comment:

• Mang
    replied
    I've got that John Dalby album. It belongs to that little subset of camp albums from the late 60s that are better seen than heard.

Leave a comment:

• toby.d
    replied
    Those are some of the best sleeves I've ever seen!

Leave a comment:

• Agnes_Guano
    replied
    I've been a bit tardy posting May's finds up, and I know how you all love them...

A lovely picture sleeve for the wooly hatted classic. Paul 'Benny' Henry - Waiting At The Crossroads:

They can't have released many more records that I don't have. Barron Knights - The Two Sides of The Barron Knights:

The Barron Knights - I'd Like To Teach The World To Laugh:

A reasonably rare Australian EMI release, Barry Humphries - A Nice Night's Entertainment:

Another regional comedy delight, An Evening With the Original Black Country Night Out:

John Dalby - Get Me:

I think I now have three versions of this single, it's not often he didn't release some maudlin ballad. Ken Dodd - Doddy and The Diddymen:

A charity shop find I was never going to be able to leave behind. Various - Goofy Greats:

I had to leave another Hoffnung behind in order to retrieve this one from its charity shop bin. Gerald Hoffnung - The Hoffnung Interplanetary Music Festival:

Scary clowns. Don Spencer, Chloe Ashcroft and Carol Chell - Hokey Cokey:

Scary men in macs. From the same Blackburn chazza as the one above. Wolfe Jones - Rifles of the IRA:

And what trip to the Buxton charity shop mile would be complete without a haul of tatty TOTP records and yet more Mrs Mills? None, that's what.

Mrs Mills - Especially For You:

Mrs Mills - Knees-Up Party:

Lovely girl #1

Lovely girl #2

Yet more from Buxton. Postman Pat - Songs and Music From the Television Series:

A few from a trip to Blackpool. Stanley Myers - Prick Up Your Ears:

Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66 - Greatest Hits:

Played it. It's not sexy, it's barely even Hammond. Leslie First and Combo - Sexy Hammond:

The 12 inch version with Roast Beef Scratch and Sniff sleeve. That's definitely one to keep in the plastic cover. Spinal Tap - The Majesty of Rock:

More folk than comedy at this stage in his career. Tony Capstick with Hedgehog Pie - His Round:

Another one I already have but in a different sleeve. Goons - Michael Parkinson Meets The Goons:

Scrumpy and Western bandwagon jumpers, Shag Connor and the Carrot Crunchers - A Little of What You Fancy:

And to finish, a hat trick from the vulgar wee Scotsman, Hector Nicol - Cop of the North:

Hector Nicol - Queen of the Road:

Hector Nicol - Scotch and Full Of It:

Leave a comment:

• smashingcheesegromit
    replied
    a few 45 finds from todays local boot fair...

Leave a comment:

• AlanP
    replied
    Originally posted by Benicio Del Toffo View Post
    In order of appearance: (members of the bands are supplied on the sleeve)

Tom Bradley
    Certain Sounds 74
    Parle Sauni Group
    New Zeal 3
    Wellington Chorale
    Mass Chorale
    Mark Hensman Group

Record Producer = Carol Sawyer

Produced and distributed by Youth for Christ (NZ) Inc.

No, I'm none the wiser either.
    ha…I am, Tom Bradley was a newsreader with spray on hair, the rest are sundry Xstian acts - Certain Sounds was a revolving cast of young believers who toured schools torturing poor young fullas such as myself during our lunchtimes. I carry far too much personal baggage to ever consider picking that album up.
    as an aside, there was a noisy, post-punk, sort of, act here called Youth for Christ - two basses and drums - who pissed the proper YFC off royally. that was a jolly jape, might have ended up in court as I remember.

Leave a comment:

• treeboy
    replied
    Interesting looking finds gogo. Any good tips for Portugal as I'm visiting in a month or so. I've been looking out for a copy of the Sunny Cry ep by Kameleoni for some time now to upgrade my trashed one. Give me a shout if you come across a spare one Same to anyone else with one they don't need.

Leave a comment:

• Boi Bach o Bethel
    replied

Tom Bradley
    Certain Sounds 74
    Parle Sauni Group
    New Zeal 3
    Wellington Chorale
    Mass Chorale
    Mark Hensman Group

Cheers mate.... great finds by the way

Leave a comment:

• Benicio Del Toffo
    replied
    Originally posted by Boi Bach o Bethel View Post
    Benicio,

what are the arists on that Come to the Water, its got an interesting auraa about it

Tom Bradley
    Certain Sounds 74
    Parle Sauni Group
    New Zeal 3
    Wellington Chorale
    Mass Chorale
    Mark Hensman Group

Leave a comment:

• Tom B
    replied
    Originally posted by el sporto View Post
    Whooooop!
    Great finds on those Garrick 45s - well done

Leave a comment:

• Boi Bach o Bethel
    replied
    Benicio,

what are the arists on that Come to the Water, its got an interesting auraa about it

Leave a comment:

• gogo
    replied
    I forgot to mention those few from dif. flea markets in Europe the last 30 days - Portugal, Spain, Greece and Bulgaria:

I Dik dik and Dalibor Brazda from end of 50-s

and this Omega's single:

Leave a comment:

• el sporto
    replied
    Originally posted by reza View Post
    yesterday .. divine intervention

anyone have any info about the one above, all the ones I've found sold have all been just demo copies ?

Whooooop!

Leave a comment:

• reza
    replied
    yesterday .. divine intervention

anyone have any info about the one above, all the ones I've found sold have all been just demo copies ?

Last edited by reza; 31-05-2014, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• candiman
    replied

The Frankie Armstrong is (I think) a US singer doing some very faithful renditions of English folk, trying to be Sandy Denny, but kind of irritates me by adding an 'H' where there shouHouldn't beHe oHone like BeHeth fuHucking OHorton.
    Found one of Frankie's albums last year - but passed it on. She is English - from Workington originally. Now a voice teacher http://www.frankiearmstrong.com/
    Perhaps Beth took lessons?

Also - Nancy & Lee was a definite keeper for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X